Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new Poll Feature, you should make the options going horizontally so that when the chat moves up, you don't accidentally choose the option that's underneath the one you wanted (or something like that).
For example:
OU - UU - RU
Instead of
OU
UU
RU

With the new Poll Feature, you should make the options going horizontally so that when the chat moves up, you don't accidentally choose the option that's underneath the one you wanted (or something like that).
For example:
OU - UU - RU
Instead of
OU
UU
RU
Hi there, to prevent the case of choosing the wrong vote due to the chat moving upwards, you could always do /poll vote [option] in the chat, in order to accurately vote for an option.

Can we have text go around/past the poll rather than pushing it up? I'm tired of accidentally picking the unintended option. Using the /poll vote command, nor scrolling up is very favourable.

As an alternative, the poll can also be fixed to the top/bottom of chat (similarly to the tournament thing), and thus making the /poll display command unnecessary.

{"username":"ChuChu-BoTTT~\u2665","userid":"chuchubottt","registertime":1442166439,"group":1,"ratings":{"ou":{"elo":"1074.2493915397","gxe":"59","rpr":"1572.5671258289","rprd":"116.77753930647"},"randombattle":{"elo":"1000","gxe":"45","rpr":"1459.8393856612","rprd":"122.8583080769"},"lc":{"elo":"1046.1047286383","gxe":"53.7","rpr":"1529.4784221939","rprd":"122.75698442923"}}}
Perhaps a feature to change the 'username' (not userid) of a certain account in the case. When you to onto showdown and you auto log on to your last logged in account, it often defaults to the name (case and unicode) used when the account is registered. It would be nice to change it so you dont have to /nick every time you log in to get the preferred capitalization, spacing and unicode (hearts and stuff) you want.

I made a forum account just for this, so sorry if this is the wrong place to suggest this, but I noticed the menu colors on the Showdown main page are stil rainbow colored. Could they be changed back to the way they used to be? It's been a while since that political passing so it's outdated, I think having a single solid color looks nicer. Maybe orange for Halloween?

I wonder if it's possible to make the button for each room on the list of rooms show what modchat is on in that room.
Reasons:
- Allow new users coming to find a room they can go in and ask for help/chat, as many users struggle to find a room they could ask in, specially since they dont even understand what modchat is

Cons:
- Makes it easier for spammers to hit rooms with modchat off if they choose to evade and use unregistered alts.

I just hope this makes it easier for new users to perhaps find a room they can chat in rather than feeling unwanted and leave PS forever bc they weren't able to talk at all.

I'm going to keep this short and sweet: the amount of hostility I get from other players when I play stall is sickening and I think action should be taken towards those who routinely insult stall players.

I'm going to keep this short and sweet: the amount of hostility I get from other players when I play stall is sickening and I think action should be taken towards those who routinely insult stall players.
Extremely rude behavior can be reported to global auth and the offender will be punished if he's considered rude enough (via a global punishment like a lock). If it's minor things like being called a noob/skillless or just regular rage induced insults that don't go too far, you guys have the option to ignore them via /ignore username and also have the option to ignore opponents/spectators right when the battle starts (there's two checkboxes at the top of the battle chat). You don't have to deal with bs from any of your opponents unless you choose to do so.

e- if you're reporting someone for bad behavior, make sure that you haven't retaliated in a similar manner

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
ok I don't know if this has been already suggested.
when you join a room with modchat AC on you read this message "Must be rank autoconfirmed or higher to talk right now." can we also add someting like "type /faq ac to know what autoconfirmed means"? I've found so many users asking me what AC is so I thought that could be helpful for them.

Then i wanted to suggest another thing: since the auto disqualify timeout in tournaments doesn't disqualify people offline, I was wondering if we could fix it and make it disqualify also offline opponents. This could make things much more easier to handle and could prevent tournaments from stopping

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While I'm sure many sympathize, including myself, what imas234 said is pretty much solid. The one thing I will add is this; the internet is a tough place. There are some really mean people lurking, and the last thing you should do is let them get to you. Do your best to surround yourself with friends and be open and kind to everyone. The assholes will be dealt with accordingly, just do your part in reporting them :)

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but it would be really nice if you could still autotab a user if that user spoke in the room. Its so annoying when someone "hits and runs" a room and you need to manually type their name to give out a punishment.

I've found it's easier if you just take it easy and not try to be super fast about mutes/locks. It's easier to not tabfail mute/ban if you're not in a hurry. As for typing the name, yeah it's annoying but at least the user isn't in the room to do anything else at that point.

That being said, the feature would actually be a nice one if it's possible to implement.

I know it is difficult to do but would be good introduce OU random battle where are taken only the pokemons of this tier so people mustn't prepare a team but only play.In my opinion this is a good idea for all.

I know it is difficult to do but would be good introduce OU random battle where are taken only the pokemons of this tier so people mustn't prepare a team but only play.In my opinion this is a good idea for all.
Well, battle factory kinda does this already, except that it picks a random tier. If you struggle teambuilding or whatever you can always just steal teams from the sample teams thread or RMT to get a nice team.

Another idea could be the random metronome battle in which are choosen only the pokemon that learn metronome(togepi,clefable,clefairy,ecc...) and they can use only it.This kind of battle isn't new but still isn't on PS.

Hey guys, I'm brand new -- I think this is my first post, even. I used to play PKMN Blue back in the day when it first came out, and the announcement of Pokemon Go has brought me back to the "scene". (As well as my enthusiasm for eSports generally!)

I love the Showdown simulator, but it's struck me that the website leaves a lot to be desired for aesthetics. It's a very plain-jane white background, with grays and faint blues, etc. For example, instead of this logo:

Instead, maybe changing it to something like this:

Or maybe a version with a Pokeball or something behind it.

Then you could also spruce up the colors/aesthetics/background on the website, etc. Nothing over-the-top, just something other than the utterly bland look it has now, you know?

For example, I can truly and honestly say that I accidentally stumbled across Pokemon Showdown like 6 months ago or so, but the aesthetics were so poor that I saw the website and just navigated away. I didn't realize it was this really sophisticated and developed tool for Pokemon battles, and had this moderately large community along with it. It just looked so shoddy. But the actual simulator itself looks pretty amazing, all things considered -- fully animated models, sprites, etc. If everything surrounding it on the website were prettier, it'd be a huge allure for PKMN fans!!

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I put the two logos in hide tags because they were really large lol. I assume the designs are unlike Pokemon's official stuff to avoid looking too much like it and causing copyright issues. If you don't like the way it looks, you can edit the way it looks to your preferences via various "stylish themes" or even make one to fit your likings (if you don't know how and still want to try out how to make your own stylish, you'll have to find out how by yourself though).

For future reference, this is how you make spoilers
Code:
[hide=title] stuff i want to put in the spoiler [/hide]

The hide tags are helpful, thank you!!

Still, though -- the Showdown website uses 100% of Nintendo's intellectual property. If Nintendo was going to take the site down for "infringement" or "being too similar to the real pokemon," they would've done that a trillion years ago, for a lot huger reasons than the simple logo. The entire game is as close a clone as possible to the real thing!!

I would say if you change the actual logo and aesthetics surrounding the battle interface, it would just go a tremendously long way. Right now, it looks like a shoddy duct-taped together website, like from 1994 or something. If you give it a new paint job and some racing stripes, Pokemon fans and the competitive playerbase could actually get super excited about it and really start to bring some energy and enthusiasm to the scene -- which could be huge now that eSports is really growing as a scene altogether.

I'd say capitalize on the momentum! Drive more traffic! What makes eSports huge is the showmanship -- spectators, lights, glitz. Make it appealing, you know?

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Room highlights and room ignores could seem like a useful feature. I suggested the room highlights one not too long ago, but I'd like to include it in my suggestion again, because I feel like it'd be really useful for rooms like Game Corner, Battle Dome and Mafia for example.

Room Ignores could have it's uses as well. Let's say I am staff in a room and I mute a troll, this troll joins another room I frequent but I am not staff in, he can annoy the hell out of me in there. Ignoring him is an option, but then I would not be able to see what he says in the room I moderate. This happened not too long ago, so I'd love to see a room ignore function being added.

ok so my suggestions are: 1: make it so ANY pokemon can learn ANY move.(even starly learning dragon accent!)
2: could u make it where the max ev's u can put on ur pokemon is 252 for all stats? example: like where u could max out ALL of ur stats.

ok so my suggestions are: 1: make it so ANY pokemon can learn ANY move.(even starly learning dragon accent!)
2: could u make it where the max ev's u can put on ur pokemon is 252 for all stats? example: like where u could max out ALL of ur stats.
You can do this in custom games and hackmons-type formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)