Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Set bonuses never should've been tied to rare hats anyway but it pisses me off the trouble I went through getting them when this is ultimately what ends up happening to them.

I know this was a weapon balance update, but Jesus Christ, Valve keeps screwing over the Pyro. People used the Gas Jockey set because it had a great passive bonus (110% speed is something Pyro deserves by default anyways).

I really hope they do some sort of class update for the Pyro soon. His problems stem from the core of his class being completely UP, in addition to Valve failing to successfully balance him with unlocks.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
How can you guys possibly say the pyro is bad.... It's arguably one of the best classes in the game with point control... The air blast is frankly ridiculous in in the extreme. I don't get how you can say its underpowered, in the correct hands it can make a mockery of any attacking team. It can also pretty much make 2 classes null and void regardless of setup/loadout.

I am for one, hugely glad they nerfed the Dead Ringer, the guys I play with have been collectively saying since it was released it was really really overpowered and not worth using any of the other cloaks (I use the C&D cause its more fun). One of my friends went a whole round without dying on CP Well just because he knew all the escape routes and stuff. That seems pretty crazy for a 125hp character.

I am also not happy about the massive nerf to the Liberty Launcher... No point in really using it over the normal rocket launcher now. I'll probably move over to the Black Box again for my primary RL now. Nice buff for the Cow Mangler, shame it is still not as good as the default rocket launcher though.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
DHR please explain to me why you would ever want to use Stock over CM5K - it seems the Cow Mangler is more or less a straight upgrade.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I suppose then it's a matter of preference, then. I've always found Demoman and Spy (and Uber'd Heavys to an extent) to be the classes I relegate to deal with the sentry nests, not really Soldier... As for reload, it doesn't sound too horrible in theory, but I suppose I should do some testing with it.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A lot of soldiers seem to think it's 100% useless now...I can't really say, I almost never even pick up the class.

Also DHR at a high level pyro is restricted to babysitting sentry nests or playing a support role through reflects. A lot of high-level pyro players deem him an almost totally useless class. In pub matches, people cry over and over about "W+M1 Pyro 2 OP" or "axtinguisher/degreaser 2 OP" when in reality against any competent opponent pyro just gets blown to pieces by every other combat class before he can even step in range. Also I don't know what classes you're talking about him making "null and void," considering spy has a knife that makes him fireproof and reflecting soldier rockets flawlessly is HARD.

Speaking of classes, which ones do people main? My favorite is the pyro, although I have a bit more time with spy, followed by scout, demoman, and engineer. I'll occasionally pick up the huntsman if I feel like rolling a dice to see if I get kills or not.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been maining Heavy lately and just cleaning house. I play mostly on payload maps and once I prove to the medics I am actually competent I just sweep up. I'll also play Pyro and Engie depending on how many classes are in each role

Heavy: Mini/Sand/GRU
Pyro: BB/Reserve/Axtinguisher
Engie: Shot/Wrangler/Jag

I'm looking for that new heavy gun with the fire but for now I'm happy with how the standard mini has been working for me.

GatoDelFuego

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been meaning to use my steel trap tour to finish things off, but my classes I main aren't usually that effective in MvM. One day when I'm done with all the stuff I have going on I'll get back on irc and then show up at #lol...maybe other people will be there for once?

My main is Demoman, but I've also been playing a lot of Soldier and Sniper lately. I've found that Demoman is the most versatile class for me, as he possesses the correct balance of speed, power, and range. Close combat is kind of a bitch, but his melee is powerful, and if your aim is good enough, you can just shoot a pipe at approaching enemies.

I wanna pursue some fun MvM stuff or maybe even a casual 6s/Highlander team for smogon. I can definitely participate. I play Heavy and Engy as primary in Highlander, but can offclass soldier if needed (6s)

I'm up for pubstomping / hl pugs if anyone lives in Asia.
Hit me up if you want, my steam name is mapledoom64 C:
(smogon mvm would be cool.)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
If you get a full six, the only reason to Mann Up is for lolbadgecount. The actual MvM missions aren't any more or less difficult.

New update just released. Chemistry sets are out requiring you to use a bunch of stuff to make a hat/misc strange

Also they got rid of idling but I might be late on that

GatoDelFuego

Smissmass is HERE!

http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=updates

Some highlights:

Banners not named the buff banner now give passive bonuses
Soda Popper no longer mini-crits, gives extra jumps in hype
Short Circuit is ridiculous
Diamondback now gives crits on backstab kills

Last edited:
Smissmass is HERE!

http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=updates

Some highlights:

Banners not named the buff banner now give passive bonuses
Soda Popper no longer mini-crits, gives extra jumps in hype
Short Circuit is ridiculous
Diamonback now gives crits on backstab kills
  • "Head" and "Misc" slots for player loadouts have been converted to Cosmetic slots. All items that were previously Head- or Misc-slot-specific can now be equipped in any Cosmetic slot.
Does that mean I can wear multiple hats
DOES THAT MEAN I CAN WEAR MULTIPLE HATS
M U L T I P L E H A T S

The Short Circuit is basically the equivalent of a freaking assault rifle now.

Also very glad they finally tried to do something about clipping, as well as blocking the use of triple unusual effects. This game is already frustratingly particle heavy sometimes.

Other than that this was a really good update. I'm a bit worried about the Diamondback now since it seems like a better Ambassador in most situations (at least in pubs.)

Force A Nature/Baby Face Blaster were better for MvM than the Soda Popper anyways.

If anyone wants to Mann Up btw, feel free to hit me up or join #lol

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
FAN is better for early utility but in the late waves when you may or may not have lots of cash to pour into start dealing damage on Scoot, I do believe a fully upped (old) Soda Popper was the highest DPS tank weapon in the game. (#2 at worst, miniguns are nerfed but flamethrowers might still win.) And BFB is purely for shits and giggles, in any game mode. GOTTA GO FAST

Now flying Scouts are going to annoy the shit out of everyone in regular games and it'll be banned in competitive play because those players hate fun.

Hey, I'm going to revive this thread because TF2 is still popular. More importantly, a major update was released today. This update added 5 new weapons, which are pretty meh. More importantly, it added 14 new taunts, including a conga one that everyone can participate in. Needless to say, there have been server-wide conga parties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)