The Cricket Thread Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussies really struggle to get the openers out. Missed opportunity you'd feel. If England manage to draw this (which they mist likely will now) they will feel pretty confident for the rest of the series. Just like the last Ashes. Strauss has been awesome since his comeback in 08..

Ind off to a decent start 48/1

Yeah so far it's not looking good for Aussie, 230/1 is never a good score to be looking at. And now England are building a lead themselves, so a draw isn't too out of the question, although there is still a victory very possible (mainly for Australia).

Really need to have pitches which force results; such pitches are not going to do much good towards the popularity of test cricket. Heck, more than half the match was just 3 huge partnerships(Hussey and Haddin; Cook and Strauss; Cook and Trott). 517-1 is overkill, wish England had set a sporting target of something like 250 in 50 overs. Then atleast the crowds would have come and made an ODI of it.

Looking forward to a more exciting Ashes Test #2.

Holy shit! Australia played so bad today, all out for less than 250, on an excellent batting wicket. At one stage it was 3 for 2, I mean wtf the is wrong with Australia in the past year. I really can't see them winning a test during this series.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
as a New Zealander I don't really care too much about who wins the Ashes however Australia had a shit first day in this second match. England in the drivers seat for day 2

That Adelaide wicket looks good, and is offering some assistance to the pacers. Yet another face saving innings for the Aussies by Hussey, if he had got out cheaply; they probably wouldn't even have made 150. What England should do is go slowly tomorrow morning first session, get a big lead of around 200, and apply pressure on the Aussies; declaring by Tea on Day 3.

Then we can get to see a result, who knows, Australia might even stage a remarkable comeback victory(like India in Kolkata'01)

It's a shame that the Bangladeshi batsmen seem to be quite content with throwing their wickets away after reaching 50. And Tamim just tends to be too aggressive and gets out stupidly, which is a shame as he's a fucking good player.

Ashes is interesting thus far, but I swear I've seen the current scenario somewhere before... Cook and Trott partnership, why is this familiar? ;P

Oh yesss, Pietersen is back in form!He looks well set for a century. England should get 500 before stumps on day 3, and put the Aussies in to bat, getting a wicket hopefully before end of play.

India are well set to whitewash the hapless Kiwis. This is good match practice for the SA tour.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
The current Ashes test will go one of two ways. Either events will progress similarly to the way they did in Sydney, with the pitch flattening out, massive totals for both sides and an eventual draw; or the pitch will deteriorate, as it is known to do at Adelaide, allowing Swann to wreak havoc and win the game for England.

Oh yesss, Pietersen is back in form!He looks well set for a century. England should get 500 before stumps on day 3, and put the Aussies in to bat, getting a wicket hopefully before end of play.

India are well set to whitewash the hapless Kiwis. This is good match practice for the SA tour.
I can't really say that this is good practice for SA considering the totally different conditions but our main players being sent earlier and us rotating some of our fast bowlers is nice.

England really should win this one. Surely not a repeat of the last test..

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
The Aussies have a major selection headache now. Do they pick Hughes to replace the injured Katich, despite his miserable tour in 2009? Who will replace Docherty - surely they can't pick him? Is Hilfenhaus coming back in for Bollinger?

On the other hand, England have to choose a paceman to come in for Broad. Tremlett looks good, and can bring pace, bounce and aggression to the attack. Ajmal Shazhad can reverse swing the ball, but does he have the experience or the consistency for the selectors to have the confidence to thrust him into the team. Bresnan is a tidy bowler and would help shore up the hole in England's batting lineup left by the handy Broad, but I'm not sure if he has the penetrative power that both Broad and the other two contenders can bring to bear.

Hughes should come in for Katich. That's the easiest one. They need Hauritz back. He bowls well in Aus conditions and I'd also bring back Mitch Johnson in place of someone. His ability to get a wicket out of nowhere is hard to ignore (and i'ts not like Bollinger and the rest have done exceptionally either).

Yusuf Pathan finally coming good. 4-0 to Ind. Good stuff.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Hughes is really weak against the short ball - his career plummeted downhill after the England bowlers worked him out in 09 - and there are questions over Hauritz's temperament. Better than Docherty though, but if it's not a pitch on which your spinner will be relied on to take the opposition apart a la Swann, Steve Smith might be enough. Johnson is a risky pick and was dire in the first test but if he can bowl well then the Aussies might have a shot at winning games, which is what they need to do to win.

Yay, bring Warnie back from playing poker, and Australia will 3-1 England.

On a serious note, I think Australia should play Steven Smith, Hauritz had a nightmarish tour of India. However, I think Australia should persist with Bollinger ofr one last match. I admit that the chances of Australia pulling off a come from behind victory look grim.

Hope it does not rain in Chennai; we don't want any more rain here lol. We are definitely in for some quality entertainment on Friday. 5-0 India hopefully.

Yay, bring Warnie back from playing poker, and Australia will 3-1 England.

On a serious note, I think Australia should play Steven Smith, Hauritz had a nightmarish tour of India. However, I think Australia should persist with Bollinger ofr one last match. I admit that the chances of Australia pulling off a come from behind victory look grim.

Hope it does not rain in Chennai; we don't want any more rain here lol. We are definitely in for some quality entertainment on Friday. 5-0 India hopefully.
Nah I still don't feel Smith is international material just yet. Hauritz is their best bet spinner wise. I know he got pasted in India but I mean which spinner doesn't get pasted? lol. Hauritz will enjoy the extra bounce that's there in Australia. He doesn't turn the ball that much so he needs the bounce.

Lol. The Aussies are thinking long-term. There is an apparent shortage of champagne for their party after they win the Ashes. Guess what? They choose Beer. <.<

Sigh and so Aussie choose four pacers and Smith instead of Hauritz and Smith + three pacers, which I guess is fair enough considering the pitch. And guess who gets them out of jail once again? Shame he got out though. :/

Time's up for Ricky Ponting. Been a great player but I don't think he can create a second wind like Tendulkar has. England have been awesome this tour so far. Golden opportunity for England to win this now.

Johnson bowled well, which is odd because he is usually shit and irratic. Smith and Hughes shouldn't be in the team, why the hating on Hauritz? He is the best spinner in Australia, imo. He won't win you matches but he'll hold up one end and put pressure on the batsmen. Smith isn't even that good at batting and the selecters are just searching for another Warnie, which we probably won't see again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)