The Cricket Thread Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can go far only if his team mates are good. Of course, in Cricket you can pull off things single handedly when there is another person to support you but it is very rare. Bangladesh have become much better than what they were 5 years ago.

I commend Zimbabwe on how far they've come; unlike Bangladesh, they finally seem to be coming together as a team. Admittedly India and Sri Lanka did not send first-choice teams, but Zimbabwe have still done well (I mean, that was their first win against India in years, and their first consecutive victory against India as well). Zimbabwe to win the triseries!

Sri Lanka did send a pretty close to first choice team - I mean, they had Kulasekara and Thushara to bowl, and the top 5 is pretty much their standard top 5 so it's not so much a "depleted" squad. India however...

Still, Zimbabwe are fucking awesome. Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe final in the world cup please.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Still, Zimbabwe are fucking awesome. Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe final in the world cup please.
Lol dream on...still it would be fucking awesome if it actually happened:P But seriously Zimbabwe can be unbelievable one match and completely mediocre the next. And the selectors finally found the balls to drop Yuvraj...

Asia cup starting tom.. Should be interesting to watch. Not too long and the 4 main Asian team competing. I wish Sachin was playing in this one though. It's only 4 matches (assuming India reach the finals). Oh well,lol

whoa, the SL vs. Pakistan game was pretty intense. Pakistan's batting woes are on par with West Indies now, but Afridi produced a random ton that saved them from total disgrace. SL didn't even set up that big of a target, but it was some fantastic bowling from Malinga and a totally clueless start from the Pakistani top-order that sealed the match for Sri Lanka. gg

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Really good match between SL and Pak today. Akhtar looked pretty weak but he bowled quite well didn't he? And what's up with Afridi's inconsistency lol..produces a ton out of nowhere.

Wait Shoaib's back?

That looked to be a good one. Afridi ton, Malinga 5-for. Why is it that the good games are ones in which the team batting first gets 220-250?

If only Sachin were playing. THEN things would start to get interesting xD
Yeah true.. but Sehwag and Akthar have a bit of history so yeah... xD

Not to mention something happens to Sehwag when he plays Pak. His record against them is simply awesome.

Also am I the only one who thinks there new outfit looks crap? What was wrong with the dark green ones? ._.

Why is it that the good games are ones in which the team batting first gets 220-250?
A few reasons for this. First one being that this pitch had something in it for the bowlers and second Pak was playing... how can you not expect a good game when Pak is playing,lol.

So far it's been a huge anti-climax.. Sehwag down from cramps? Low stadium lights and shitty start <_<

EDIT: OMG what a match! The Indian run chase was awesome. Loved the heated exchanges throughout the chase,lolol..

Bhajji must have given Shoaib a mouth full at the end after he hit that last 6,lmao

And meanwhile, South Africa have had a brilliant batting performance to get to 500+ declared with three centuries. Good to see Smith finally get a score.

Oh and yay Gambhir got 80.

typical India/Pakistan match. LOTS of words exchanged (Gambhir/Kamran, Bhajji/Akhtar) and a thrilling finish. Meanwhile, SA continue to toy with Windies.

moment of the day: Bhajji smacking Akhtar over long-on

I actually raised the volume of my TV during the end there. They were cussing each other in punjabi xD

A bit surprised to see Gambhir getting into the mix. I guess it was mainly because this was against Pak. He has a really passion when he plays against them (which was evident by his comments in the post-match presentation). But still it spiced things up. I just wish there was a better crowd.

Sehwag should be rested along with a few other players for the dead rubber against SL. Give Kholi and Sharma (what is he still doing in the team <_<) more time in the middle. Try out some reserves.

Holy crap, twin centuries from Nash and Chanderpaul! Do I dare sense a slight whiff of a Windies comeback? Fantastic job, especially from Chanders, who's been down and out for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)