NOC The Mafia Invitational Redux Game Thread - GAME OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, for the final time. That early mason thing was not fucking anti town. I saw texas slip, I put a tr on him, he fucking kept pressing me for why and so after getting annoyed. I told him. The only anti town play there was texas slipping mason on page 2 and then not realizing why the person who caught it was town reading him.
MoodyCloud not outwardly stated that he was being subtle; but this heavily implies he made some form of effort to keep it under wraps but was annoyed to the point of revealing.

Never said I didnt know what your post said/meant afaik
Then are you claiming scum? Because if you are saying you didn't not say what my post meant, the double negative means you did know...which then means you were intentionally misrepresenting what that meant??

Pardon me if im missing anything; but i believe you straight up called the derp clear before even stating a townread on texas. The derp was called on page two. Your personal third post; and one of those posts were RVS. If you could quote texas prodding you for a TR explanation BEFORE the derpclear call id be much appreciative.
What is this post? Like this is a scummy AF move here. Of course I called a derp clear before a town read in this case. Texas had just made to be (what I thought) a very obvious slip and so I was trying to cover that up the best I could by calling it a derp clear as town. Like, why tf would I say TR first? "I town read this guy for doing this thing that would heavily imply him as a mason". Like what? That's not logical.

Like, you are very much coming off like you are trying to pull some move here by intentionally misrepresenting what happened so let me be clear here (and this will include some information I don't think I've posted before).

>Texas makes post where he says
Second post in the game

Either asek is a townie who didn't get highlighted and wants to make sure the rest of the playerbase does. Very magnamious of him.

Or the daystart means he can't post in his scum chat anymore and he wants his buddies here asap
>Now my first reaction to this post was actually the opposite. My first thought was "holy shit, did he just scum slip by saying scum don't have a day chat? Let me check the OP to say if it actually says that because I don't remember reading that anywhere" I then checked the OP, and saw that while mafia do have a day chat, the masons don't and so based off of Texas's assumption that the mafia didn't have a day chat, it was pretty clear that A. He hadn't read the OP B. That he was getting his information from somewhere else. Because mafia wouldn't have that information without reading the OP, the only reasonable explanation was that Texas was a mason without a day chat and assumed the mafia scum chat was the same way.

>Realizing this, and realizing it's not super hard to figure out. I attempt to help him cover it up (and I assumed post #39 was him realizing his mistake and also trying to cover it up) so I say it's a derp clear on texas, expecting a question about it and planning to cover it up with something (iirc I was planning to use his second line "both chats" to say he had no knowledge of masons and thus probably wasn't mafia because mafia would know better or something stupid)

>Then a few things happened. First Texas fsr wants to start a wagon on me (which was really the dumbest thing imaginable) the second was that other people (ie KOC/Yeti) didn't seem to catch it which made me reevaulate how obvious it actually was. Sadly, because of Texas being rediculous with wanting the wagon, it starting drawing much more attention then I wanted to it. So I do the post of
Nevermind, texas can be null then
Basically saying, okay yeah KOC's logic is good that it's just a derp not a derpclear because sure, that explanation works and can cover up a mason slip. Though admittedly I could have been more verbose. But eh, that's what happens when I have like a minute to read and post because I'm posting from work.

>At this point I start to get annoyed. First at a mason slipping on the 2nd page. Then at that same mason suddenly being a dumbass and wanting to do a page 2 wagon on me because of it. Like, that was just super annoying so I start to try and hint/imply with Texas
I wouldn't lynch me based on texas messing up horribly
Which was my way of trying to say "hey, I caught your slip. Please don't push me otherwise I'm not going to have any choice but to say what I saw"

Texas then proceeds to let that fly completely over his head and keeps pushing me, hell he pushes me harder for it.

I then make a post stating my annoyance. And then while trying to find a way to respond without telling the truth, I come to a conundrum. I don't want to straight up lie as town because typically lying as town will come back to bite you in the ass (see: LW), like lying in a way that's a shade of the truth is one thing. But it was getting to the point where I was either going to have to outright say it or make a blatant lie. Or let myself be mislynched day 1 for which - hell no.

So also just being fairly annoyed because Texas was being ridiculous with his push and completely ignoring the signals I was trying to silently communicate, I basically said fuck it and

Whatever, I'm annoyed now and it's a low chance scum will miss it especially after all the attention it's getting

But texas derp claimed mason
Because like I say in that post. Scum, who are probably more inclined to look for mason tells, probably wouldn't miss it. And even if they would miss it initially, they sure aren't going to do so with 2 or so pages dedicated to the topic.

Then at that point, I basically let the issue resolve. I didn't want to bring up masons at all. In fact I just wanted to help someone cover for a mistake and move on and try to bury it. So I was entirely happy with it just finally awkwardly dropping and moving onto other topics.

There, try to misrepresent that.

Then are you claiming scum? Because if you are saying you didn't not say what my post meant, the double negative means you did know...which then means you were intentionally misrepresenting what that meant??
I was not misrepresenting your post in the slightest; im saying lynching a scum and then proceding to call it off on the basis you want to look more deeply at it can be percieved as distancing. Would you disagree with that statement?

What is this post? Like this is a scummy AF move here. Of course I called a derp clear before a town read in this case. Texas had just made to be (what I thought) a very obvious slip and so I was trying to cover that up the best I could by calling it a derp clear as town. Like, why tf would I say TR first? "I town read this guy for doing this thing that would heavily imply him as a mason". Like what? That's not logical.

Like, you are very much coming off like you are trying to pull some move here by intentionally misrepresenting what happened so let me be clear here (and this will include some information I don't think I've posted before).

>Texas makes post where he says

>Now my first reaction to this post was actually the opposite. My first thought was "holy shit, did he just scum slip by saying scum don't have a day chat? Let me check the OP to say if it actually says that because I don't remember reading that anywhere" I then checked the OP, and saw that while mafia do have a day chat, the masons don't and so based off of Texas's assumption that the mafia didn't have a day chat, it was pretty clear that A. He hadn't read the OP B. That he was getting his information from somewhere else. Because mafia wouldn't have that information without reading the OP, the only reasonable explanation was that Texas was a mason without a day chat and assumed the mafia scum chat was the same way.

>Realizing this, and realizing it's not super hard to figure out. I attempt to help him cover it up (and I assumed post #39 was him realizing his mistake and also trying to cover it up) so I say it's a derp clear on texas, expecting a question about it and planning to cover it up with something (iirc I was planning to use his second line "both chats" to say he had no knowledge of masons and thus probably wasn't mafia because mafia would know better or something stupid)

>Then a few things happened. First Texas fsr wants to start a wagon on me (which was really the dumbest thing imaginable) the second was that other people (ie KOC/Yeti) didn't seem to catch it which made me reevaulate how obvious it actually was. Sadly, because of Texas being rediculous with wanting the wagon, it starting drawing much more attention then I wanted to it. So I do the post of

Basically saying, okay yeah KOC's logic is good that it's just a derp not a derpclear because sure, that explanation works and can cover up a mason slip. Though admittedly I could have been more verbose. But eh, that's what happens when I have like a minute to read and post because I'm posting from work.

>At this point I start to get annoyed. First at a mason slipping on the 2nd page. Then at that same mason suddenly being a dumbass and wanting to do a page 2 wagon on me because of it. Like, that was just super annoying so I start to try and hint/imply with Texas

Which was my way of trying to say "hey, I caught your slip. Please don't push me otherwise I'm not going to have any choice but to say what I saw"

Texas then proceeds to let that fly completely over his head and keeps pushing me, hell he pushes me harder for it.

I then make a post stating my annoyance. And then while trying to find a way to respond without telling the truth, I come to a conundrum. I don't want to straight up lie as town because typically lying as town will come back to bite you in the ass (see: LW), like lying in a way that's a shade of the truth is one thing. But it was getting to the point where I was either going to have to outright say it or make a blatant lie. Or let myself be mislynched day 1 for which - hell no.

So also just being fairly annoyed because Texas was being ridiculous with his push and completely ignoring the signals I was trying to silently communicate, I basically said fuck it and

Because like I say in that post. Scum, who are probably more inclined to look for mason tells, probably wouldn't miss it. And even if they would miss it initially, they sure aren't going to do so with 2 or so pages dedicated to the topic.

Then at that point, I basically let the issue resolve. I didn't want to bring up masons at all. In fact I just wanted to help someone cover for a mistake and move on and try to bury it. So I was entirely happy with it just finally awkwardly dropping and moving onto other topics.

There, try to misrepresent that.
What the fuck else would the derpclear mean aside of HEY LOOK EVERYONE HE IS MASON???? On mobile right now grabbing a quote. cutting this post off here

Okay, for the final time. That early mason thing was not fucking anti town. I saw texas slip, I put a tr on him, he fucking kept pressing me for why and so after getting annoyed. I told him. The only anti town play there was texas slipping mason on page 2 and then not realizing why the person who caught it was town reading him.
SAYING SOMEONE DERPCLEARED IS NOT THE SAME AS SIMPLYING STATING A TR ON THEM

I didn't want to bring up masons at all. In fact I just wanted to help someone cover for a mistake and move on and try to bury it. So I was entirely happy with it just finally awkwardly dropping and moving onto other topics.
Calling a derpclear isnt helping texas cover that mistake at all. Its really not. Stop pretending it is. This would bother me less if you were like "oh i fucked up" at this point. Then when you realized the convo YOU sparked you wanted it to end. Thats not misrepresentation; that is fact.

I was not misrepresenting your post in the slightest; im saying lynching a scum and then proceding to call it off on the basis you want to look more deeply at it can be percieved as distancing. Would you disagree with that statement?
Ew. So I can't seem to find that portion of the game at all right now which sucks.

But if this happened on D3 like I *think* it did. Then I lynched him because I thought Texas was implying on D2 that he had failed mason inspected him as scum. And then unvoted for situations I can't remember clearly and that's all I have right now. I'm fairly certain that it was just so I could reread it. But without the context I can't really say that with accuracy.
But still, I don't really disagree with it. Like yes, there are situations where that can apply. But it's such a stretched conclusion that it's really only justifyable to see it that way when you are trying to find reasons to push someone, which is what it seems like you are doing.

What the fuck else would the derpclear mean aside of HEY LOOK EVERYONE HE IS MASON???? On mobile right now grabbing a quote. cutting this post off here
Second post in the game

Either asek is a townie who didn't get highlighted and wants to make sure the rest of the playerbase does. Very magnamious of him.

Or the daystart means he can't post in his scum chat anymore and he wants his buddies here asap
Both chats remain open during the dat?
(ftr this post was made right before I went and checked the OP and was at the point where I was feeling like I may have just caught a scum texas)

Both chats?
So yeah. It was a longshot, but I was 100% willing to try and use that as an excuse to redirect attention away from other parts of that moment.

Ew. So I can't seem to find that portion of the game at all right now which sucks.

But if this happened on D3 like I *think* it did. Then I lynched him because I thought Texas was implying on D2 that he had failed mason inspected him as scum. And then unvoted for situations I can't remember clearly and that's all I have right now. I'm fairly certain that it was just so I could reread it. But without the context I can't really say that with accuracy.
But still, I don't really disagree with it. Like yes, there are situations where that can apply. But it's such a stretched conclusion that it's really only justifyable to see it that way when you are trying to find reasons to push someone, which is what it seems like you are doing.
Please keep in mind when i pointed it out to you I didnt actually push you for it. I just stated it was an interaction. You flipped out over it. This was a lynch on asek that you backed off and flipped onto a lynch on walrein because you wanted to reread asek ftr. Idr the exact post #

SAYING SOMEONE DERPCLEARED IS NOT THE SAME AS SIMPLYING STATING A TR ON THEM
What does this even mean? Like....I don't even understand what you are trying to say or do here.

Calling a derpclear isnt helping texas cover that mistake at all. Its really not. Stop pretending it is. This would bother me less if you were like "oh i fucked up" at this point. Then when you realized the convo YOU sparked you wanted it to end. Thats not misrepresentation; that is fact.
I figured in the first place there wasn't going to be an easy way to cover it, so I did the best I could to try and say it was a derpclear instead of a masonclear and push that to get away from the idea of masons. And just the rest of tihs post...what? It reads to me (though I guess I should admit at this point I'm probably biased) as desperately trying to find any way to push someone

Maybe im not being clear enough with my points then. I was p annoyed during those posts.
I figured in the first place there wasn't going to be an easy way to cover it, so I did the best I could to try and say it was a derpclear instead of a masonclear and push that to get away from the idea of masons. And just the rest of tihs post...what? It reads to me (though I guess I should admit at this point I'm probably biased) as desperately trying to find any way to push someone
I dont see how calling a derpclear can be litterally anything else but fine. I still 100% believe it wouldve been better unsaid.
My point with post #2781 is you stated you "put a tr on him" and contextually made it seem like you did nothing to acknowledge the masons. Completely denying responsibility bothers the shit out of me. I thought i made that clear but maybe i didnt.

Please keep in mind when i pointed it out to you I didnt actually push you for it. I just stated it was an interaction. You flipped out over it. This was a lynch on asek that you backed off and flipped onto a lynch on walrein because you wanted to reread asek ftr. Idr the exact post #
Okay. Found the post...and it's way back on page 22 early in D1...

and wow. It's even worse then I thought.

And first of all, that's just bullshit. Saying something like "oh this person had this interaction which seems like it might be distancing" is basically a push. And when you don't use that to push, or do anything with it, then you are trying to bring it to other (read: moody's) attention. In this case, you are trying to say something major. You are trying to say that I was distancing someone by voting and then unvoting them.

Instead, what happens between page 21 and 23 (and wow, this was much earlier game than I recall) is that I first join in with texas on an asek RVSish thing because Asek had posted once in the beginning. Then a few times saying he would but hadn't done anything else and so in order to try and get more out of him. I added to the lynch.

Then Yeti made some points about Walreins scum game and how he tends to idle heavily and so it was like "yeah okay that's a good point. Instead of just ignoring him like other idlers, here's some pressure to be active" (oh wait that's wrong, I unvoted him after looking over his posts and he said he would be inactive for several hours and so pressuring someone to post who has stated they wouldn't be around until x hours was futile.

Then he made a reads post which I disliked...for reasons (in which I short posted because I was working but now I wish I had expanded on it because Idr why I disliked but I think/hope I expanded on it in my ISO of him? But yeah. I vote for him afterwords to try and pressure him to keep getting more content (and because I think at the time I was fine lynching him? but I don't remember much of that time). But then I believe I reloaded my phone, and saw he had more than the one reads post and decided that okay, if I was going to push someone I wanted to actually read the full post and throughly analyze it besides just going off of a gut feel (which actually explain it I think) and went back to walrein who I still thought yeti had made a good point on.

I dont see how calling a derpclear can be litterally anything else but fine. I still 100% believe it wouldve been better unsaid.
How a derpclear can be anything other than a mason clear? What? Like....a derpclear can be made as just a town. Like, again the kind of weak reasoning I was thinking of using "Didn't know this was a mason game. Probably would have if he was mafia and had tried to get as much information as he can about the game and roles in it"

My point with post #2781 is you stated you "put a tr on him" and contextually made it seem like you did nothing to acknowledge the masons. Completely denying responsibility bothers the shit out of me. I thought i made that clear but maybe i didnt.
I didn't? Like page 2 I only said
Also I think that's a derp clear on texas
But yeah, I still don't even understand what you are trying to say here. But it still does seem like you are trying to shade me through some weird method here.

I agree that in hindsight it would have been better for FH not to say anything

How a derpclear can be anything other than a mason clear?
? I literally thought Hawkie had derpcleared from his entrance
Some people thought Lightwolf posting during N2 was a derpclear

Epik your point is noted, please talk about something else
You could look into the iso of FH's interactions with AG for instance ?
Since you seem to believe I am town unless I've missed something

Idk I feel like the whole early derpclear argument was a string of overreactions from people who didn't want to talk about masons and ended up talking about it
I thought it was anti town at that point but it seems nai now
Texas did have both of you as TR but he claimed to be extremely confident in his FH read so that'll be my takeaway from his legacy reads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)