The World Cup of Pokémon 2023 - Quarter Finals [TB @ post #111]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
Gratz to France for going this far with a lot of new faces.

Special S/O to mimilimi, I know you'll see this at the same time as the loss of your team, due to your vacations, but you're the shining hope of this community, always dedicating yourself to your prep and your team.

Good luck on the rest, I hope to see you shine even brighter in OLT and every following tours, little star :bloblul: :boi:
1689535069979.png

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Wanted to do some shoutouts since the tour is over for us now.

ima Thank you for being a really supportive and encouraging manager and putting your faith in me with my team selection and whatnot. With this being my first official tournament where I started, I really wanted us to win as much as you did. We couldn't take it all in the end, but it was still nice making playoffs with a lot of the team being new and you kept your head high for us.
shiloh El Quixana Thanks for helping me with preparation and being chill dudes overall. For this being my first time building OU in a competitive scene it was a really nice learning experience in terms of building without sametype clause LOL, see you guys around.
Attribute Thanks for being a good friend even though you're mad headass sometimes (I am too). It's always nice teaming with you in both Monotype tournaments and not.

Vert Vaboh velvet Fusien Meru Skarph z0mOG Roller K
To the rest of the team, it was nice playing with you guys and making playoffs. This WCOP is the first time I've had this much fun in competitive pokemon for a few months now after taking some time off tournaments in general to focus on irl, however it showed me I have much to learn and improve as a competitor. There was a point in time where I was considered whether or not I actually wanted to sign up but I'm really glad I did. We didn't win, but sometimes it happens. Next year we will come back stronger and take it for sure, and I'd enjoy teaming with you guys in other tours if it happens.

Not rooting for anyone in particular but wanted to say good luck to the rest of the teams in playoffs. :heart:

London Beats

is a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SCL Champion
UPL Champion
Regarding Spain and Midwest situation

First and foremost, it has come to the attention of many individuals the recent developments involving Luispeikou and Fatfighter. However, for those who may still be unaware or not fully informed about the situation, I will attempt to provide a concise clarification. Early in the week, Luis contacted Fatfighter, as evident from their respective public posts, and they mutually agreed upon a scheduled time for their match on Saturday at 5 pm GMT +2. It should be noted that both parties reached this agreement, with Fatfighter's message implying a possibility of availability rather than a definitive confirmation.

Subsequently, Fatfighter expressed an urgent matter and requested a last-minute change to the schedule. As Luis was not online at the time, he did not respond to the request. Consequently, Midwest sought clarification from the tournament directors and the host regarding the situation, as Fatfighter required a prompt response. Regrettably, an external TD provided incorrect information, leading to a miscommunication with Midwest, suggesting that they could proceed in a manner that would not result in a loss or a forced substitution. This misinterpretation of the rules created a situation where both players would either be subjected to double substitutions or granted an exceptional extension of two days, thus disrupting the natural progression of the tournament, barring any tiebreaker scenarios.

As a consequence of these circumstances, Spain was compelled to reschedule a match that had already been confirmed, solely due to an error made by the aforementioned TD. This rescheduling placed Luis in a position where he had to play at times that were inconvenient for him due to his work schedule. Spain did not benefit from this outcome in any way and, furthermore, was treated unfairly throughout the process, as Midwest would not face any consequences (a reasonable request) for the mistake made by the TD.

That being said, I am more than happy to write this after finding that the resolution of this fuss had had no impact in the series. However, i do believe that in order to make a better place of this site such circumventions cannot be tolerated, Spain played their part following the rules, and we all invest and sacrifice a significant amount of our time when we participate in major team tours such as world cup. When these efforts are stomped by unfair resolutions based on mistakes of unrelated parties who should not even have a say in the matter, it is truly frustrating. If the series had been closer and Spain was forced to play under the same lousy circumstances we were forced into , it would set a dangerous precedent where Spain could get punished for simply playing by the rules.

Therefore, we kindly encourage the TD team to review the policies and decisions, aiming to shed light on these 'gray areas' and prevent similar situations from occurring in future team tours. We strongly believe that our team (Team Spain) has been subjected to poor and unfair treatment, and we hope this case can serve as a precedent for ensuring fairness and equity.

GGs Midwest and thank you all for reading this lengthy diatribe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)