The World Cup of Pokémon 2023 - Round 1 [TBs at post #311/335]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
A Big Recap
Golden number is 14-10
13-11 is likely in but may TB
12-12 is likely TB but may be either in or out
11-13 is basically guaranteed out

Europe and West are locked

Five teams are positive, but may slip down into TB or even elimination territory if their games go tragic:

SPAIN (13-7):
M Dragon vs GXE (US South)
Trosko vs Raiza (Italy)
Ado vs Leftiez (France)
SoulWind vs Wanony (Belgium)

GERMANY (13-9):
Sylveon used calm mind vs TPP (US South)
xdRudi.exe vs Yelodash (United Kingdom)

US MIDWEST (12-9):
Kyo vs lax (US Northeast)
DripLegend vs Piyush25 (India)
ayveon vs Highv0ltag3 (Europe)

FRANCE (12-9):
Stellar Flares vs March Fires (Oceania)
Leftiez vs Ado (Spain)
Fairy Peak vs dahli (Latin America)

OCEANIA (12-10):
March Fires vs Stellar Flares (France)
March Fires vs Fakee (Latin America)

Six teams are neutral or negative but still with real chances to clinch 8th or at least tie for it:

BELGIUM (11-11):
B1Kharma vs xavgb (United Kingdom)
Wanony vs SoulWind (Spain)

ITALY (11-11):
Raiza vs Trosko (Spain)
Santu vs xavgb (United Kingdom)

UNITED KINGDOM (9-11):
xavgb vs B1Kharma (Belgium)
xavgb vs Santu (Italy)
Yelodash vs Star (US Northeast)
Yelodash vs xdRudi.exe (Germany)

INDIA (10-12):
Blimax vs Hayburner (Canada)
Piyush25 vs DripLegend (US Midwest)

US NORTHEAST (9-12):
INSULT vs Fc (Canada)
lax vs Kyo (US Midwest)
Star vs Yelodash (United Kingdom)

US SOUTH (9-11):
GXE vs M Dragon (Spain)
TPP vs Hayburner (Canada)
TPP vs Sylveon used calm mind (Germany)
njnp vs Jytcampbell (Canada)

Bangladesh, Canada, and Latin America are out of playoff contention.

A little shoutouts to my teammates. Worst case scenario, we get relegated. Not happy with the capitulation. But still pretty happy with the team's work ethic this year. I'd write something about everyone but I feel certain names deserve to stand out.

Thank you to Mushfiq for returning this year. Your addition was our biggest plus points. I wouldn’t be wrong to say you are the reason, we qualified in the first place as your contribution as a builder is what helped us the most.

Thank you to Igniizard for your tireless effort. You kept discussions active and made like 10 different shared alts for us to ladder in and practice. The effort you put in is unmatched.

Thank you Kaif. Our youngest member. Grew into the team with time and became one of our more important players. He is only going to get better from here.

Feen and TheUzigunner stand out in their own because of how seriously they took this. Feen put in hours behind relearning the game. TheUzigunner asked for assistance on almost every single day to get better. That for me is more important than results. A solid culture will eventually bring results.

Had fun playing with everyone. Sorry for letting fellow Bangladeshi's down.

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
Congrats to Rubyblood and Eoward for making it this far.
Thank you to team Belgium for allowing me to build for you, and get my hands on such an interesting metagame, as well as prep for such high standing opponents.
I feel proud of all of you, the records you got as individuals or as a team is definitely not a good showcase of what you're able to accomplish.

Like I said, Ruby, you were a driving force, and the building calls at 3AM were priceless mines of jokes and good ideas, thanks for that.

Eo, you're actually better at the game than I gave you credit for, but still trash :P (kidding + you were a very good cap, even as a non-player).

le LLiolae, you're cocky as fuck, and I loved that. Keep it this way, just try not to trash the mothers of your opponents next STT :bloblul:

MSnt You showed me a level in this Gen's OU I didn't know you had, very great job, and I hope you get more recognition for your adaptation' skills.

AtraX Madara You're a mad man. You prep'd with such intensity, serious, and you were always so trustworthy, it was a real pleasure doing preps with you each time, we'll reach POs next time for you, king :swole:

Quint_ It's a shame you didn't get to play a game, but I think you proved yu had great building skills with a lot of help on the preps, keep it up!

Max2412 Fucking congrats on winning more than anyone here during this tour: having a child is the biggest win you could have asked for in your life, gg, you've unlocked the endgame bro! :boi::bloblul:

Uxilon Wanony You guys did very good in qualifiers, and don't let the numbers speak, we all know you're very goated, keep pushing this Gen, and I bet you'll show those numbers wrong. Loved building and playing with you guys :blobtriumph::blobtriumph:

B1Kharma You're a legend. Doing this good and adapting/learning this fast for your first tournament ever?? I'm really proud of all the tests and games we put up together, and you should be too. You have ten times the level you had at the beginning of this tour, and I couldn't be happier. Keep showing us who's the boss in the upcoming tours, but I'm very happy that I discovered you on this tour :heart:

Although we did not achieve POs, the goal of leaving qualifiers and showing wrong everyone who thought we'd go back down there was a success, boys!

I'm very proud I could be part of this experience, I felt truly Belgian at this point :bloblul::bloblul:

We'll keep it up next year, bois, and this time, we'll get the golden medal and show them all, bois ! :boi::boi::boi::blobtriumph::blobtriumph:

1688340241737.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)