SM OU TTar + M-Latios wallbreaking team help?

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn

This, like it is for about half of OU players, is my main physical defensive mon, it checks or counters a lot of mons that would otherwise dump all over my team like zygarde and pex, it also offers precious sneaky pebbles for pressuring switches and can also defog as well. This also does real well with clefable and ferrothorn, they all check different things and at the same time keeping mons off of eachother.

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Wish

Clefable is my main answer to fighting types that eat ferrothorn alive and dragon types that lando can't check, or that pressure lando. It's also good as a cleric or physical wall, in the same boat as lando-t. It can also serve as an emergency zygarde check in the case that lando is out of commission and I can't find another mon to use. Calm mind is there over sneaky pebbles to ease the matchup against mons like koko and ash-greninja

Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Recover

This one is a good ground type check for Ttar in the case lando-t is, again, out of commission, it can also serve as a check to m-swampy without ice punch and can punish the fighting types that threaten Ttar so badly, its also just good in general as a special attacking wallbreaker, which compliments Ttar's physical wallbreaking capabilities.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

My main wallbreaker, this is so hard to switch into without knowing what move its about to use if it isn't locked yet. It breaks through many of the answers to its teammates, like steels or psychics, maybe ghosts too. Its answers are also covered by its teammates, and hazards are also here to help its progress with breaking. It can also sort of check mons like tapu koko and magearna in a pinch with its special bulk, the former of which kinda rips half this team to ribbons and the latter can be really spooky if lando is dead or if latios is also dead.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

My main special wall and hazard setter, it checks all of those cheeky little fairies that think they can run rampant against this team, this mon primarily forms a core with lando-t and clefable which lets it check half the meta's threats, and as well lay down caltrops all over the place which helps mega latios and Ttar break down those walls, or clean up the wreckage of a team if need be. Also this can check ash greninja and I suppose lando-t if need be.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

My main late game mon, only really comes out once the team is all mushy and Greninja can afford to tear it to ribbons, spikes is there in the event its out early, so it can force switches and threaten certain mons like non scarf kart and mega latios, this also serves as my main check to lando t and band zygarde, since those mons can pose quite a problem to this team at times. Its team mates really help with what checks this thing too, pex is torn up by latios or lando-t, chansey....Ttar I guess? SO this llets gren sweep even better.

Nice team! I love team with clefable and landorus core, clefable is a great support cause of its wish help landorus and others teammate longlive. But I some advices, hope this help u improve your team.

Minor change:

# Calm mind clefable maybe great answer to stall team but is with be a bad idea for team which lots of steel mons. I suggest knock off/flamethrower>calm mind. Because lando has SR so knock off or flamethrower is good move for clefable. knock off help clefable dealing better with toxapex, chansey, ferrothorn and scouting for z stone holder in rival team. Flamethrower is clefable answer to ferro, bulu or scizor try to setup sword dance.

# In my opinion Life orb is a bad item for greninja, cause it is revealed after gren make a move and LO wear down gren very soon, Z water is better. Make opponent mistake gren for choice scarf one and then hydro vortex. Secondly, set greninja male one. Why? Many people dont notice than ash-gren always male. Dont believe me? Open Poke Showdown build a new team with ash gren and look at its gender, it is male, always male.

Major change:

#Because of gren spike, ferro is superfluous. I suggest Bulu>Ferro, another grass mon but take a wallbreaker role. Here is the set:

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

This set is famous after a WC tournament (eh I dont know exactly the tour name, please dont blame me). See how it work at smogon dex and this replay https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-381430

Thanks for reading.

And sorry for bad grammar.

Last edited:
Nice team! I love team with clefable and landorus core, clefable is a great support cause of its wish help landorus and others teammate longlive. But I some advices, hope this help u improve your team.

Minor change:

# Calm mind clefable maybe great answer to stall team but is with be a bad idea for team which lots of steel mons. I suggest knock off/flamethrower>calm mind. Because lando has SR so knock off or flamethrower is good move for clefable. knock off help clefable dealing better with toxapex, chansey, ferrothorn and scouting for z stone holder in rival team. Flamethrower is clefable answer to ferro, bulu or scizor try to setup sword dance.

# In my opinion Life orb is a bad item for greninja, cause it is revealed after gren make a move and LO wear down gren very soon, Z water is better. Make opponent mistake gren for choice scarf one and then hydro vortex. Secondly, set greninja male one. Why? Many people dont notice than ash-gren always male. Dont believe me? Open Poke Showdown build a new team with ash gren and look at its gender, it is male, always male.

Major change:

#Because of gren spike, ferro is superfluous. I suggest Bulu>Ferro, another grass mon but take a wallbreaker role. Here is the set:

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 224 HP / 216 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

This set is famous after a WC tournament (eh I dont know exactly the tour name, please dont blame me). See how it work at smogon dex and this replay https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-381430

Thanks for reading.

And sorry for bad grammar.
If I am gonna replace ferrothorn with bulu, should I also tweak the coverage on certain mons? Because we kinda just threw my only good fairy answer in the garbage, not to mention if I do this, then specs lele is going to run right through this team

Last edited:
If I am gonna replace ferrothorn with bulu, should I also tweak the coverage on certain mons? Because we kinda just threw my only good fairy answer in the garbage
This Tapu Bulu set is great answer to the others tapu. Look at the damage cal down here
252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 120-142 (35.6 - 42.1%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 121-144 (35.9 - 42.7%) -- 94.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Tapu Fini Ice Beam vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 96-114 (28.4 - 33.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

With your rival bulu just switch to lando then u-turn to latios and ice beam it.

To deal with mawile switch to lando then EQ. If mawile KO it, send out gren then hydro vortex. In mawile matchup remember to keep lando heathy

#lando switch in
-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 144-171 (37.6 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
#mawile sucker punch
-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 75-89 (19.6 - 23.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
=> maximum damage ~55% after leftovers recovery

In magearna scenery, if that is a AV one, there is nothing to scare, if it is a shift gear or trick room there is a little fear. In both scenery bulu is best answer. If it spam fleur cannon just synthesis the setup SD then spam super power. If it setup trick room or shift gear click SD spam super power.

8 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 135-160 (40 - 47.4%) -- 96.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 163-193 (48.3 - 57.2%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 0 Atk Tapu Bulu Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 192-226 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 0 Atk Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Grassy Terrain: 135-159 (44.8 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Remember that lele and magearna has focus blast, bulu with super power, so that ferro is not the true counter to them.

Anyway, this is ur team, it depends on ur play style balance or offensive. Mine is offensive so BULU is better to me. Ferro is a good choice for who play balance. Who know which mons performance better?

Btw, good luck with the team!

This Tapu Bulu set is great answer to the others tapu. Look at the damage cal down here
252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 120-142 (35.6 - 42.1%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 121-144 (35.9 - 42.7%) -- 94.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Tapu Fini Ice Beam vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 96-114 (28.4 - 33.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

With your rival bulu just switch to lando then u-turn to latios and ice beam it.

To deal with mawile switch to lando then EQ. If mawile KO it, send out gren then hydro vortex. In mawile matchup remember to keep lando heathy

#lando switch in
-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 144-171 (37.6 - 44.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
#mawile sucker punch
-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-Therian: 75-89 (19.6 - 23.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
=> maximum damage ~55% after leftovers recovery

In magearna scenery, if that is a AV one, there is nothing to scare, if it is a shift gear or trick room there is a little fear. In both scenery bulu is best answer. If it spam fleur cannon just synthesis the setup SD then spam super power. If it setup trick room or shift gear click SD spam super power.

8 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 135-160 (40 - 47.4%) -- 96.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 163-193 (48.3 - 57.2%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 0 Atk Tapu Bulu Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 192-226 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 0 Atk Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Grassy Terrain: 135-159 (44.8 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Remember that lele and magearna has focus blast, bulu with super power, so that ferro is not the true counter to them.

Anyway, this is ur team, it depends on ur play style balance or offensive. Mine is offensive so BULU is better to me. Ferro is a good choice for who play balance. Who know which mons performance better?

Btw, good luck with the team!
Alright this is looking better than expected..One slight problem though, what about a specs lele locked into psychic

Alright this is looking better than expected..One slight problem though, what about a specs lele locked into psychic
the only thing to do is switch to tyrant and u know what to do next
btw, I remember something: bulu ability grass terrain which weaken EQ so that will be a bad thing to latios and lando. Maybe ferro is better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)