NOC Two Mafias Mafia - Won by The Pack

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I feel like we are both the kind of person who wouldn’t count 33% no vote -> shooting other scum while that scum shoots Psy as an actual win you at least know I have too much gamer pride for that

Celever

i am town
And lowk I would prefer if we assume Psy is locked on no vote (which seems obvious) and take me and realiti’s ending day early as enough because I need to sleep ASAP so it will draw the game for another 24 hours at least but hey

Day 5 end...

Celever and realiti voting each other...
Psy trying to avoid a vote... let's see

... Rolled in the tabletops discord...
Screenshot 2023-10-29 214605.png

realiti was voted. Celever achieves parity with the village.
The Pack has won

Celever was BPV, realiti was mafia rolecop, Psy was villager.

Thanks for playing, everyone.

I just want to say a reason I'm playing the next one is I would have voted Celever decisively if I were town in either of the last two games and they have been exceptionally frustrating to just spectate.

I also think trying to let it get to a Survivor style endgame where each of you ask psy to vote for you is kind of ridiculous and I'm glad he didn't cop to it, one of you should have just tried to kill the other and tried to stealth another cycle

I just want to say a reason I'm playing the next one is I would have voted Celever decisively if I were town in either of the last two games and they have been exceptionally frustrating to just spectate.

I also think trying to let it get to a Survivor style endgame where each of you ask psy to vote for you is kind of ridiculous and I'm glad he didn't cop to it, one of you should have just tried to kill the other and tried to stealth another cycle
Celever had a BPV and I didn't

Yeah that'll make sense from your perspective, even more reason for Celever to take the shot.

Also if that's the case I feel like if his BPV wasn't popped it should be his win rather than no winner in a just you two at night scenario, that's a weird corner case
I popped his BPV after we no voted at F4, he had to kill town instead of me otherwise fairy and psy would vote him out. Don't think he could have afforded to kill me since me and him were the next two votes after ipl

Celever

i am town
Yeah that'll make sense from your perspective, even more reason for Celever to take the shot.

Also if that's the case I feel like if his BPV wasn't popped it should be his win rather than no winner in a just you two at night scenario, that's a weird corner case
realiti popped my BPV on the night I killed a fairy. If I had killed realiti that night I lose every single time, fairy and Psy hard tred each other. Realiti played the endgame well by getting rid of the guy on town I had misted the hardest (JALMONT) -> popping the BPV, it was his wincon.

I popped his BPV after we no voted at F4, he had to kill town instead of me otherwise fairy and psy would vote him out. Don't think he could have afforded to kill me since me and him were the next two votes after ipl
Ah I see, that wasn't a convergence, you did take the stab. Makes a bit more sense, as much as I hate things having to come to kingmaking. With a cleaner scumgame you can win the psy-fairy LYLO

On the setup and some commentary on a few roles that stuck out to me.

Town roles:
Zippy the Jailkeeper. Basically standard. General disagreement between him and other players resulted in the role getting eliminated early.
IPL the Rogue. An less known role that I tried to reintroduce. Tried to draw aggro, but also drew a lot of suspicion.
Ehmcee and JALMONT the Twins: custom role. Masons with an upgrade if one of them dies. Innocent was meant to be immortal with the Jailkeeper protection, Angry was meant to allow a more brutal comeback for the village.
No investigative roles because I intended for some crossfire.

villagers: Psy saw the only route to winning and tried it.
Town in general: ...been a while since this bad of a wipe happened, I think.

Mafia Roles
BGB the roleblocker: interfere with the village. An answer to JK or Rogue
realiti the rolecop: let the mafia have an idea who they're shooting. Managed to get it to a cointoss from a bad position.

Pack Roles
Celever the BPV: a soft counter to Mafia, as BPV is passive and seems townie. Mafia goes after Town, Pack after Mafia, and town
pulsar the alignment cop: in scum hands, a weakened rolecop. Too tempting of a target for Mafia once outed. Hide what you are next time.

Celever

i am town
Ah I see, that wasn't a convergence, you did take the stab. Makes a bit more sense, as much as I hate things having to come to kingmaking. With a cleaner scumgame you can win the psy-fairy LYLO
impossible in this setup, because it became very clear that all the VTs were town at least 2 days from the end and actually JALMONT assumed as much very early on. Toaster was the real move that won for scum because it was actually a vote against a vt, without that scum couldn’t have won because the PR pool got thinned by people working out the VT = town situation early.

In a final 3 with 3 flipped scum PRs and two players who angleshot each other’s town alignment on day 1 due to role PM wording, the cleanest scum game conceivable couldn’t have won that vote.

impossible in this setup, because it became very clear that all the VTs were town at least 2 days from the end and actually JALMONT assumed as much very early on. Toaster was the real move that won for scum because it was actually a vote against a vt, without that scum couldn’t have won because the PR pool got thinned by people working out the VT = town situation early.

In a final 3 with 3 flipped scum PRs and two players who angleshot each other’s town alignment on day 1 due to role PM wording, the cleanest scum game conceivable couldn’t have won that vote.
Yeah the role PM slip stuff is also frustrating to read and spectate. Ideally that shouldn't happen and town should pretty much never lose a game where they autoclear half their numbers tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)