Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-unratedrandombattle-201013348

Hi, I would like to ask if this is a bug. In this battle, my Leafeon used Swords Dance twice. As I know, 2nd use of Swords Dance will result to 3x Atk but here it shows me that it is 4x Atk. Is this real or just a typo error? And if its 4x, maybe consider this as one of bugs.
The app shows stages of stats (1 to 6) and not the real multiplier so 4 stages is equivalent to 3 attack (2 * swords dance)

Last edited:
Since you can only access the lobby in the app I tried doing /join [roomname] to see if I could enter others. It doesn't work on the app, but when I logged onto my browser my account on the mobile app was in the rooms I /joined.
Are you guys planning on implementing the other chat rooms or is it too much for the application to handle?

Since you can only access the lobby in the app I tried doing /join [roomname] to see if I could enter others. It doesn't work on the app, but when I logged onto my browser my account on the mobile app was in the rooms I /joined.
Are you guys planning on implementing the other chat rooms or is it too much for the application to handle?
You can join rooms by tapping on the + button in the top bar. Just select "CHAT" and the desired chat room.
Private channels are not supported yet.

yes it's planned. (including private rooms but exclusively for Knots :P)

Hi, this an awesome app, I have been waiting for it for a lot of time! Thank you very much that you developed it in such a good way! However, I have found some bugs:
  1. Everytime I enter the app and I want to battle I have to log in, is this normal? How can I fix it? If it is a bug, could you add a "remember me option" please?
  2. When I'm battling everything is ok but on-screen animations are really fast and I can't even see them, I have to go to the log to understand what happened. Is this also normal?
Thank you very much again
PS: I'm running the app on a 4.1.2 Xperia S, maybe you need this piece of information to understand the supposed bugs :)

1. Everytime I enter the app and I want to battle I have to log in, is this normal? How can I fix it? If it is a bug, could you add a "remember me option" please?
I am not one of the developers ofc but I'm quite sure this isn't a bug; On showdown, if you want to battle, you need to login with a name before you can battle, and so is it on the app, so I don't think that's a bug. Idk about the second one though.

Yeah security isn't a bug.
Its pretty easy to store passwords based on name and server and have onCreate[View] set it to the default password based on the last entered name
getSharedPreferences([local string identifier such as "pass"], [Mode int. probably 0x0000]).getString([Server account identifier], [default string if not found, like ""])

It typically doesnt. I automatically forfeit battle during a crash or ANR
Thanks for answering.
I was asking this also because in the last days a lot of players have been lefting/disconnecting or forfeiting in showdown. I was wondering if those users (at least some of they) are app users or if smgon servers are just having some kind of problems right now.

Yes I know security isn't a bug, but it's quite annoying to log in EVERY TIME I want to battle. I was only asking for a remember me option, when I play on desktop I don't have to log in always, I did it once, but now when I enter the showdown page my account is already loaded. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Just so you guys know we'll try to fix every battling bug before implementing new features.

Also yes we dont save credentials yet.

Thanks for answering.
I was asking this also because in the last days a lot of players have been lefting/disconnecting or forfeiting in showdown. I was wondering if those users (at least some of they) are app users or if smgon servers are just having some kind of problems right now.
i've been playing quite a lot the last few days and havent had any problems yet (been trying to reproduce some), but i have a good signal (playing on wifi)

Great application guys! And the few features I'd like implemented are being worked on now so I cannot be more happy for all the free time you successfully put in this project (grats on ladybug too).

The only suggestion I have is to better indicize the application on the store as it is pretty hard to find to the point one of my friends I reccomended it to couldn't find on the store before I provided him the link in the OP n_n

Great application guys! And the few features I'd like implemented are being worked on now so I cannot be more happy for all the free time you successfully put in this project (grats on ladybug too).

The only suggestion I have is to better indicize the application on the store as it is pretty hard to find to the point one of my friends I reccomended it to couldn't find on the store before I provided him the link in the OP n_n
Tell them to search for pokemonshowdown, should work!

My friend told me he founds a bug : Psyshock hits special side

he did psyshock
and that was 2hko
oppenent did : light screen
and then he survived

I can't play with this app, i can't chose any pokémon and start the battle, and don't like to change my Sony Xperia C1504 because it's a present of my dead Grandpa.

Doesn't really matter... Psyshock is still a special attack, so its damage is halved by Light Screen. There isn't a bug.
You're right. I somehow thought he meant Reflect.

I can't play with this app, i can't chose any pokémon and start the battle, and don't like to change my Sony Xperia C1504 because it's a present of my dead Grandpa.
In VGC-style-battles (bring 6 choose 4; are you maybe using a Zoroark? Then, it's a known bug. Otherwise, we have to look into it.

Last edited:
You're right. I somehow thought he meant Reflect.

In VGC-style-battles (bring 6 choose 4; are you maybe using a Zoroark? Then, it's a known bug. Otherwise, we have to look into it.
It's all battles, any format and any Tier :c, my cel it's 3.5" of size and it's a Gift of my dead Grandpa, and don't wanna to change this celphone :'c

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)