NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've had multiple players asking me about the Living Winners clause. It's a leftover rule from the Kong run of the game that I kept because I thought a game this big might make my head explode. On further consideration, I will remove the Living Winners clause by majority vote only.

Vote Remove or Keep at any time during the first three shots to cast your vote on whether the Living Winners clause should go. Dead players may vote in their bah post if they die before casting a vote. Just know that playstyles may be affected by your choice.

Pinging the straggler since he might be subject to pingfail. Fort Colorcastle

Last edited:
Yea means get rid of it, Nay means keep it. You know what, changing it to Remove or Keep to clear things up.

And the Living Winners clause is shown in all PMs as wincon requiring being alive when other faction is eliminated.

First Shot

Texas rushes in just as the previews end. Sitting down, he notices a tub of popcorn in the seat next to his. Sweet, free popcorn.

He reaches into the tub and finds The Gun.

Cosa Nostra! It must be! And here's the chance to deliver ironic justice, shooting a mafioso with their own gun!

If only the theater wasn't so dark...

Texas Cloverleaf is a Townie and is the current Gunbearer. Texas, you have 72 hours to shoot another player.

Deadline for First Shot is March 29th, 5pm UTC-6. (Adding an extra hour since the Kong popcorn is still ongoing and the deadlines would conflict.)

[1:44 PM] BrainpanSonata: please confirm so i can slap up first shot and go back to bed
[1:44 PM] BrainpanSonata: this is knights btw

voting to Remove Living Winners
actually, having thought it out some more,
Unvote Remove,
Vote Keep Living Winners

the reason is that without this, the game just becomes a "diceroll until its 2-town & 1-mafia, and then coinflip" kind of thing
whereas:
with living winners, mafia wants to avoid being shot no matter what time, and town is trying to avoid getting shot until lategame.
without the rule, town doesn't care when they get shot/become gunholder and mafia could potentially sack themselves or something, and basically have a bigger bag of tricks? idk

main thing is that it feels like its more or less an RNG game without the rule, while having the rule makes people actually have to try and think.

The negative side to the rule is that people who get shot early (especially those who get shot for no particular reason) are arbitrarily fucked.
Like, with the rule, Texas is highly unlikely to win at this point because uh...... he now has to cleansweep in order to win

That negative side of the rule weighed very heavily on my mind when I made my vote.

Anyway, gonna suggest shooting Haruno just because either he's mafia and thus a good target or a highly deceptive villager, which is still bad and thus a good target (and if he's villager, then him with the gun means how much he can hurt us is much more limited.)

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
no. the rule is stupid and I refuse to even entertaining discussing it. with it it's basically impossible for Texas to win and the first few people shot. it eliminates mafia and town: mafia are all in it for themselves as there is no more team win, and town has to play literally flawlessly to win. Texas could hit 4 scum in a row and the 5th on a townie means he loses. it's a garbage rule and the fact it ever existed or people are advocating it baffles me

Josh

=P
That negative side of the rule weighed very heavily on my mind when I made my vote.

Anyway, gonna suggest shooting Haruno just because either he's mafia and thus a good target or a highly deceptive villager, which is still bad and thus a good target (and if he's villager, then him with the gun means how much he can hurt us is much more limited.)
Now back to game relevant stuff. policy shooting, essentially policy lynching, is dumb and shouldn't happen. haruno isn't completely incompetent we aren't shooting him on policy lol

Josh

=P
his reads are actually usually pretty good as town, his flaw is his attitude. if he's town he is one of the people I'm more confident to scum hunt. if he's scum he isn't going to hurt anything because he's going to swear enough and eventually get shot anyways, has anyone ever seen a single noc haruno makes it to endgame as either alignment? I agree his playstyle can be frustrating but policy shooting him is insulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)