NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll concede that you probably know his style in NOC better than I do, but I still think he makes for a fine target, at least right now. Especially since all he did in response was post that stupid picture (okay, I laughed, but still not productive). Oh, and as I was typing this, that remove vote. But that's doesn't count.

And seconding that Texas should ask questions, but (under almost all circumstances; I hold absolutes to be a bad idea).

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
how does it help an individual mafia member the most? it would hurt mafia wouldn't it? to clarify, it means they cannot bus under any circumstances or the bussee would call out the busser, since, yknow, it makes this a weird ass FFA.

about the subject of shooting, I think that leaving the best scumhunters to be shot last is probably the best idea? that way, they can be in the game longer as well as have reads to make their shots based off of.

Whatever else you say against haruno, I get the impression that he knows what he's doing with scumhunting

living winners equals kiss mafia ass so they don't decide to make you lose no thank you.

Here's hoping you get lucky, Texas. This day 1 is likely worse than usual but I'll help however I can

Josh

=P
about the subject of shooting, I think that leaving the best scumhunters to be shot last is probably the best idea? that way, they can be in the game longer as well as have reads to make their shots based off of.

Whatever else you say against haruno, I get the impression that he knows what he's doing with scumhunting
It's tough. shooting good scum hunters early let's them perform the shots. I for one wold be cool being shot around d3 when reads are more doable and I'm confident in my shooting abilities. its probably against town wincon asking to be shot but it looks like the funnest place to be past d2 (sucks texas is up now because hes someone i think i can read and enjoy playing with) however, leaving lurkers/new players alive has flaws too because they are extremely difficult to read and will always be instilling doubt, and arguably a bigger liability late game.

it's honestly up to the shooter.

Any policy lynching should probably be on idlers like Flyhn.

Mafia are going to have to make some calls since they'll be performing investigations for us. This means we shouldn't telegraph our potential post lynch thoughts too much.

Bottom line is at the end of the game one person will have to be a hero and kill the remaining scum without error and that person will be the second best of the remaining town so keep that in mind later on

Josh

=P
Any policy lynching should probably be on idlers like Flyhn.

Mafia are going to have to make some calls since they'll be performing investigations for us. This means we shouldn't telegraph our potential post lynch thoughts too much.
wait... explain. don't mafia have virtually no actions outside of selecting the first gunbearer?

Ok, thinking about it, we currently have only one concrete piece of evidence: That Texas Cloverleaf was chosen as the first shooter.

This begs the question: Why would scum do this

There are three likely reasons:
  1. The Mafia believe that Texas is a deft player, and would easily become considered clear town.
  2. On the opposite hand, they believe that Texas is a bad player, and that he would end up targetting Town and giving maf a free death.
  3. Alternatively, they wanted Texas out of the picture early, to remove/mitigate the effect he might have on the game (and thus, their chances).
Considering the most recent NOC Texas was in, my OCNOC, where he proved himself to be a skilled leader, I believe that at least one member of the Mafia was part of OCNOC.

Looking at our playerlist, those who were in OCNOC at any point are:

• Shubaka
  • Moody
  • Blazade
  • Asek
  • Fort CC
  • Haruno
  • Former
  • Texas (obv)
  • Martin
  • Me (also obv)
Thus, it is my belief that at least one of the listed people are probably mafia.

Considering that those who were mafia in that game would have the most knowledge of Texas being able to lead...

FoS Haruno
FoS Former Hope

Of course, it is unlikely that at least one member of that group isn't Mafia, with a 13:7 ratio.

Josh

=P
fos Hitmonleet. saying out of 9 players one is probably scum is fucking garbage and an excuse to appear to be game solving while doing none of it.

fos Hitmonleet. saying out of 9 players one is probably scum is fucking garbage and an excuse to appear to be game solving while doing none of it.
Yeah, I don't have nearly enough info to actually act upon anything or be confident in anything, considering I lack much to actually go on. This was just an attempt at spit balling and getting discussion rolling.

Ok, thinking about it, we currently have only one concrete piece of evidence: That Texas Cloverleaf was chosen as the first shooter.

This begs the question: Why would scum do this

There are three likely reasons:
  1. The Mafia believe that Texas is a deft player, and would easily become considered clear town.
  2. On the opposite hand, they believe that Texas is a bad player, and that he would end up targetting Town and giving maf a free death.
  3. Alternatively, they wanted Texas out of the picture early, to remove/mitigate the effect he might have on the game (and thus, their chances).
Considering the most recent NOC Texas was in, my OCNOC, where he proved himself to be a skilled leader, I believe that at least one member of the Mafia was part of OCNOC.

Looking at our playerlist, those who were in OCNOC at any point are:

• Shubaka
  • Moody
  • Blazade
  • Asek
  • Fort CC
  • Haruno
  • Former
  • Texas (obv)
  • Martin
  • Me (also obv)
Thus, it is my belief that at least one of the listed people are probably mafia.

Considering that those who were mafia in that game would have the most knowledge of Texas being able to lead...

FoS Haruno
FoS Former Hope

Of course, it is unlikely that at least one member of that group isn't Mafia, with a 13:7 ratio.

At least you acknowledged the 13:7 ratio
I believe, however, that your reasoning has 3 major flaws:
1) there's no evidence that players not in that game did not read the game (except that, admittedly, it was hard even for me in the game to stay motivated in reading the walls upon walls of text)
2) town and mafia both should be able to respect him for his townleading ability.
3) has he put up a similar showing in mafia games before?

Oh i misread the rules. I thought mislynches killed the lynch and the gunbearer and the mafia picked again for some reason. This game's going to be longer than I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)