Woman dies after drinking 10 litres of coke per day

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10800055

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6773589/Woman-had-up-to-8-litres-of-Coke-a-day-partner

I can't even imagine for a second what its like to drink that much pop a day, jesus. Her husband was a grade A moron... as if drinking that much coke wasn't enough, she was supposedly vomiting around 6 times a week.

It's like god himself is telling me to cut back on my Soda consumption. I drink 1-2 cans of pop a day, but I'm thinking of quitting cold turkey.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I suppose she fizzed out.

Also I don't drink any soft drinks, reading up on the stuff in there is nasty, metal nails can dissolve in coke, how is it even legal?

I drink about 2-3 cans of soda per day, I guess it's out of habit but I operate just fine without soda when I run out of a stash. I really think the personal human limit of soda a day before the sugar starts to fuck with your body is about 5-6 cans a day, once you get past that you're doing major harm to yourself.

Water cuts through rock, how is that even legal? Poor lady though. Just don't drink a gallon of soda daily and you'll be alright, it screws around with your teeth though.

I love how her "partner" blames the company. The family should've paid for some form of counseling or therapy instead of liters upon liters of soda :/. They probably thought they were helping her, but that's like buying more cigarettes for a smoking addict just so he won't throw a tantrum.

WTF 10 liters of Cola. I could understand how someone would'nt think that you could die of drinking too much water, I mean who would think too much of a good thing is a bad thing but this?

To any of you pop addicted ppl out there, learn to ice tea, malt beverage, slushers, juice, water or a combination thereof, thank you.

Also I don't drink any soft drinks, reading up on the stuff in there is nasty, metal nails can dissolve in coke, how is it even legal?
Soda is great, particularly Coca Cola. I don't see how the pH of a beverage would ever make it illegal though. Also if you want to say it's all dangerous for your health, so is everything containing alcohol, or too much of anything (water)

This woman was just insane

Nah, she just had a sucky, carefree family. What happened doesn't even require intelligence to see something wrong with her addiction.

I drink about 3-4 liters of soda a day; it's actually all I drink. I'm just genuinely perplexed how she could consistently down 10 liters of anything a day, everyday...

Also, am I gonna die? >.>

Edit: Well, the only non-alcoholic beverage I drink...

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wow, just when I thought I knew people who drank lots of soda, this dumb bitch somehow managed to take the cake. Coca-Cola has something like, what, 34 milligrams of caffeine in one 355 mL can? So let's see:

(34 mg/355 mL) * (1000 mL/1 L) * (10 L/1 day) = about 958 mg of caffeine daily. Of course you'd get addicted.

I never thought about it. It's just a soft drink, just like drinking water.
What a dumbass. It's nothing like drinking water.

One time I had 11 sodas in one day. I felt completely fine.
11 * 355 (assuming 12-ounce can) = 3,905 mL = 3.905 L. Still not 10 liters, and you only said you did that once, so of course you felt completely fine. Just sayin'. This woman drank 10 liters of soda daily. What else could have happened?

I had a friend who took all his water needs from Soda and the like and I wasn't exactly too keen on drinking pure water myself.

Just for a week, try drinking a bottle or two of water each day and replace Soda with something else or just take it with restaurant meals, and see the difference in your mood and energy.

That alone would put you off from drinking too much Soda. My friend quit for different reasons however, he needed to lose weight.

AJers

Your typical e-wench
Soda is disgusting, I do not think it should be illegal but I definitely think people need to be taught to read the nutritional value of things (and what shit actually means). There's such a lack of education and general knowledge for people to know what the hell they're doing to their bodies when they drink/eat absolute shit. It's only been within the last 5 years, really, that nutritional education has been pushed into the American view (although it obviously hasn't been pushed hard enough since pizza is still a vegetable, haha).

Anyways, it's super annoying to me when people's excuse for dying due to eating/drinking stuff that's not beneficial to your health is that "they didn't know it could contribute to ____". Newsflash, a lot of conditions are chronic conditions/diseases secondary to your diet and lifestyle, you literally become what you eat/drink/do.

But yeah, this family is obviously idiotic, bordering on disabled. That being said, I do have some sympathy, I can't imagine what I would do in her children's position, much less her husband (who now has... 8 kids[?] to take care of).

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I drink about 3-4 liters of soda a day; it's actually all I drink. I'm just genuinely perplexed how she could consistently down 10 liters of anything a day, everyday...

Edit: Well, the only non-alcoholic beverage I drink...
Pretty sure the vodka will get to you first haha.

As for her, not surprised she died, surprised anyone could drink 10L of coke a day.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I drink about 3-4 liters of soda a day; it's actually all I drink

ya, when i was working i was doing that as well...now im only drinking like half that.

also yes, youre going to die. its super unhealthy.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
even in my soda drinking days, i dont think i ever went past 1 litter a day. i dont recall drinking soda just to drink soda, had to compliment a meal or something

this thread is pretty inappropriate. sure, this women's gluttony is absurd and she was likely to have serious health problems anyway but at least show some respect, a woman died for gods sake

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Anyway; Seriously?! 10 litres of liquid?! Have you guys even tried drinking 4 litres a day? Be going to the loo every 20 minutes or so! Spent more time in the bathroom than anywhere else!

I don't think anyone here is hating on the women but were pretty incensed by her husband's comments and him trying to shift blame to what is obviously a very harmful addiction that could have been avoided.

But I'm editing out my CSI:Miami joke just in case.

Also Dr Pepper > Fanta.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
this thread is pretty inappropriate. sure, this women's gluttony is absurd and she was likely to have serious health problems anyway but at least show some respect, a woman died for gods sake
When an elderly person dies of a heart attack or something of that sort, it's only natural that one would feel bad about that. However, you have to consider that this woman drank 10 liters of soda a day, and at that point it's pretty obvious that she was neglecting her health and the things her husband said in the article just prove that they were idiots dumbasses.

Also Dr Pepper > Fanta.
Seconded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)