Woman dies after drinking 10 litres of coke per day

2.5 pounds per liter x 10 liters = 25 pounds

so she drank 25 pounds of liquid? i don't think i know anyone who consumes that much of anything lol..............

i honestly find it hard to believe she actually consumed 10 liters unless she's like a mammoth???

for goodness sake baby elephants drink as much milk as she drank coke -_____-

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
The health risk from soda is not worth the taste - drink juice, drink water. It's not like alcohol where you "need" it to socialize with others, either.
taste is everything, and whats with you even assuming alcohol is needed to socialize.

i think you got some problems there

get help

Shit and I feel bad when I drink pop a few days of the week.

Natasha Marie Harris

She also passed away two years ago ~_~

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Huh... I haven't drank soda for years... not because I don't like it or because I have anything against drinking it, but I fell out of habit of drinking it (even on a monthly basis).

Actually, I LOVE root beer (which isn't sold in Japan, so point is m00t I guess)

But in highschool, when I wrestled, I never drank soda--I'd found that I could feel the difference in speed and reaction time on and off soda, so I never drank during season.

Off season, I used to go back to enjoying root beer, but I found that whenever I "restarted" after a long surge of not drinking, I'd feel like shit for the first week or so of drinking again.

So, at some point, I fell out of drinking soda, and never got into it again 'cause the first week sucks. Humans are funny.

No root beer in Japan :(

Why doesn't the world (outside America) appreciate root beer???

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you read the article you'd know that the woman actually averaged about 7 liters of coke per day, 10 was just an upper end number for some days. 7L is still absurd, but let's not misread the article.

As sad as this is, it's not as uncommon as we'd like to think. People die frequently from habits like these, and unfortunately the partners usually blame the company and not the deceased.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
People on average drink about 1 liter a day. Alcoholics can drink 1-2 liters of alcohol a day. I highly doubt this woman was simply addicted when she was drinking 7-10 liters of anything. This sounds like unique compulsions they have that one show about.

Woah, 10 liters. I can barely imagine... that much coke. This is going to haunt me everytime I drink coke or any other softdrink.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I think that anyone who routinely drinks 10L of chemicals (basically beverages that aren't water or flavored water like tea) a day will harm their health tangibly. If you did this with gatorade you'd be putting your health at risk, etc. Seems like it would seriously upset the water balances in your cells over time and then things just can't function and your body shuts down.

I barely ever drink soda. I only drink it when I order pizza (rarely), go out to eat (slightly more often), or go to a friends house. At home I usually drink water or a glass of apple/orange/mango/etc juice. I feel filthy after drinking a couple glasses of soda, though that's just me.

edit: I can empathize with you Chou. No root beer in India :( McDonalds here decided to innovate and discover the coke float which is now popular here.

i do i do i do i do i doooo-ooooooooooooooo

not like fizzy drinks... lemonade is the only stuff I drink and that's pretty rare. I drink a lot of orange juice with the pulpy bits in, not the from concentrate stuff. that and tea... so much tea. I just don't like fizzy drinks.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I do feel genuinely sorry for the loss of the family, and for the woman in question. 30 is far too young. Quotes like "I never thought soda could kill you, it's like drinking water" genuinely make me mad though. The average 600 ml bottle has I think 60something grams of sugar in it. Coke is very high GI, so that high an amount of simple carbs will spike your insulin and cause your body to go into fat storing mode - leading to a plethora of health problems and making you look like Jabba the GriffinHutt. Not to mention the carbonation in your drink can actually increase the toxicity of your blood from memory (I could be wrong on that one but it sticks out in my mind).

Doesnt coke have cocaine in it? Or did they make it illegal now?
It originally did, but they stopped using it after they had to start putting nutrition facts on it or something. Definitely not any more, since not only would that be illegal, but it would also have to be in the nutrition facts.

10 ltrs of cocaine filled drink 0_0.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I drink like, once a week or once every two weeks. Maybe when I go out with friends or eat at a restaurant maybe, but not once a day. I kinda get scared at the thought of getting kidney stones, but I know that's not the only reason people get kidney stones. I drink a lot of water and natural juices though. Not saying I hate Coke.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Kind of off topic, but my friends and I once got away with sneaking a two liter of mountain dew into a movie. I can't believe they didn't notice it (or maybe they just didn't care).

Anyways, I only drink soda a couple times a week...usually on the weekend. However, I also make sure I drink a large amount of water on those days to help balance it out.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Most I've ever had was like 18 cans in one day and I had to pee every 10 mins or so, so how da fuk? Unless she's a camel or something or used the empty coke bottles as pee bottles...like srsly. She must've been huge too, how else could she consume so much liquid? The whole thing is just weird as hell.

Wow, just when I thought I knew people who drank lots of soda, this dumb bitch somehow managed to take the cake. Coca-Cola has something like, what, 34 milligrams of caffeine in one 355 mL can? So let's see:

(34 mg/355 mL) * (1000 mL/1 L) * (10 L/1 day) = about 958 mg of caffeine daily. Of course you'd get addicted.?
1 gram of caffeine a day is nothing. y'all some babies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)