5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

That's essentially what I'm going to do. I'll check back in a few...

(ironically without AR I got no results in Calibration phase, :-/)

Edit; omg I think I did it.
Edit 2; wow I did. Flawless Bold Frillish! :-) Now onto shiny abuse...

How did you get the right timer0, but the wrong IVs? If you pressed A at the menu at the correct second and didn't press any buttons until the stars, you should have gotten the IVs.
Yes I know, this feels quite legendary. I have to run to work and I won't be back till later, but this was what I was aiming for.

Seed: 2DE99EAEC6BA0BC6
Date: 05/01/12
Time: 00:01:59
Timer0: C7C
Nature: Modest
Method: PIDRNG
Stationary Kyurem
Intended Spread: 31/Meh/31/31/31/31
Keypresses: None
Synchronization?: None

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes I know, this feels quite legendary. I have to run to work and I won't be back till later, but this was what I was aiming for.

Seed: 2DE99EAEC6BA0BC6
Date: 05/01/12
Time: 00:01:59
Timer0: C7C
Nature: Modest
Method: PIDRNG
Stationary Kyurem
Intended Spread: 31/Meh/31/31/31/31
Keypresses: None
Synchronization?: None
Do you mean that you used the PIDRNG method in Time Finder? If so, that is your problem. You have to use IVs (Standard Seed) or else it will completely ignore the IVs you put in the search. The frame 1 IVs for that seed are 16/27/2/7/27/16.

Do you mean that you used the PIDRNG method in Time Finder? If so, that is your problem. You have to use IVs (Standard Seed) or else it will completely ignore the IVs you put in the search. The frame 1 IVs for that seed are 16/27/2/7/27/16.
That may explain a lot. So just use standard seed and treat it like normal? If yes, will that get me the nature I want?

Why no Standard Seed for newer DS models?

Can anyone tell me why the DSi and 3DS don't support Standard Seed abuse? Couldn't a Standard Seed be used instead of a C-gear Seed if the programming for the system was decoded more and added to RNG Reporter?

How lon does it usually take for the RNG to find a seed? Mine's been going for like 20 minutes and I have all of the button presses selected. (egg abuse)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That may explain a lot. So just use standard seed and treat it like normal? If yes, will that get me the nature I want?
You can only search for a specific nature if you're searching for a shiny. Otherwise, just ignore the nature while you're searching, then copy the seed into the main window to find a PID frame with the nature you want.
How lon does it usually take for the RNG to find a seed? Mine's been going for like 20 minutes and I have all of the button presses selected. (egg abuse)
Depends on a lot of factors, mainly how good your computer is and the parameters of your search.

New to 5th gen RNG stuff but familiar with 4th gen.
Just wondering, is it possible to RNG manipulate for a shiny/perfect IV'd started in Black or White?
Thanks.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
New to 5th gen RNG stuff but familiar with 4th gen.
Just wondering, is it possible to RNG manipulate for a shiny/perfect IV'd started in Black or White?
Thanks.
You can sure RNG your starter! I have never done it myself but user PoJ has a guide you can read :3

Hope you can get it!!

You can sure RNG your starter! I have never done it myself but user PoJ has a guide you can read :3

Hope you can get it!!
Thanks, that seems very helpful.
But since I'm new to 5th Gen RNG, I'm having some trouble with "VCount" and "VFrame".
When I use the time finder, it seems like it wants me to fill them in. I had no problem finding my MAC Address, but I can't find anything about these in the guide.
Any help?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Thanks, that seems very helpful.
But since I'm new to 5th Gen RNG, I'm having some trouble with "VCount" and "VFrame".
When I use the time finder, it seems like it wants me to fill them in. I had no problem finding my MAC Address, but I can't find anything about these in the guide.
Any help?
You can't just RNG your starter. First you need to find all of your parameters. I would recommend playing the game first and doing other kind of abuses before you try the starter.

EDIT: Here's a video to show you how to find your parameters.
[youtube]OYSHAga0Q3Q[/youtube]

hi how do you rng wondercards,where to the seed,method etc with standerd seed rng, also i tried searching under wondercard method and i noticed the sid,id highlighted grey , does this mean u cant rng shiny wondercards?

hi how do you rng wondercards,where to the seed,method etc with standerd seed rng, also i tried searching under wondercard method and i noticed the sid,id highlighted grey , does this mean u cant rng shiny wondercards?
RNGing wondercards is easy. Just save in a Pokemon Center with no NPCs, hit your standard seed, and advance to your target frame (you have to advance the PID RNG, taking steps won't work. Chatot is the easiest, but saving also works). The method would be Wondercard in the time finder. In the main window, it would be Wondercard (5th gen.).

Wondercards can't be RNGd to be shiny; they're either always shiny or never shiny. I hope this answered your questions.

OD Edit: Some special currently Japan-only wondercards can be shiny if you RNG them to be shiny. Everything else PoJ said is correct

hi i tried it out ,i saved in pcenter in the league, i dont know why but it does'nt seem to match any of the frames or nature of the seed,is there anything im doing wrong ,is there a min frame to search for wondercards,also the pokemon im trying to rng is the v create mov14 victini ,does it fall under wonder card or glan wondercard

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
hi i tried it out ,i saved in pcenter in the league, i dont know why but it does'nt seem to match any of the frames or nature of the seed,is there anything im doing wrong ,is there a min frame to search for wondercards,also the pokemon im trying to rng is the v create mov14 victini ,does it fall under wonder card or glan wondercard
Being genderless Victini is not GLAN (glan stands for Gender Locked Any Nature). Wondercards should be searchable by min/max advances not frame. The actual starting frame for the seed is variable and in the main window you should use the Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame button to see what your initial frame is.

To help figure out what seed you hit it is usually best to use the Adjacent Seed Tool (right click on the time finder result and choose Generate Adjacent Seeds...).

How does the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG" works actually/how does the RNG program calculate it? I'm curious because sometimes I feel like I'm hitting lower frames that RNGReporter states. It can be all my imagination since I don't master the Chatot's cry tehnique yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)