CAP 9 CAP 9 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I mean the word "moraine" itself is not very commonly known. :) But if u were to stick with it, it's better without the E imo.

I like Mantyke's Scarwhal -- but I think it should have an "e" on the end, just to give it more of a twist from Narwhal. I think Scarwhale, looks better, IMO.
Thanks for the suggestion, but with a silent E at the end, it seems like it might be mispronounced as Scar-wail instead of Scar-wall

I also had an idea to just spell it as Scarwall or Scarwal and just throw out the silent H altogether. They both also look pretty nice to the eye.

Thanks for the suggestion, but with a silent E at the end, it seems like it might be mispronounced as Scar-wail instead of Scar-wall

I also had an idea to just spell it as Scarwall or Scarwal and just throw out the silent H altogether. They both also look pretty nice to the eye.
What about Scarwhalle? :D It fits, it wouldn't be mispronounced, and it's slightly more subtle than "whal".

Narbo

Narwhal + Nothing of consequence.
Dunno. Sounds tank-y or something. I can immagine some sort of muscley animated narwhal in green swimming trunks named Narbo on a Spongebob Episode lifting a shitload of weights with Larreh teh Lobster.

Possibly Narbor to combine 'Harbor' if sounds better.
Which one you guys prefer?
*Prepares to be ignored*

Final Submissions:

Nautyss - A combination of nauta (Latin for sailor) and abyss. I figured the narwhal would be a creature capable of navigating the vast depths of the earth. "Nautis" is another form of the word "nauta" in Latin, further indicating the nature of this dude that I just made up.

Invicterra (in - VICK - tare - ah) - A conbination of invictus (Latin for unconquerable) and terra (Earth). Terra sounds similar to "terror".

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A few ideas that come to mind (I'm sure they're all equally awful).

Scarrid - From Scarred and Arid, with the "arrid" being pronounced "arid"
Saharwhal - From Sahara and Narwhal.
Cerosand - From Ceros (as in rhinoceros, monoceros, etc.) and Sand.
Cornunder - From Cornu (latin for horn) and under.

Just throwing some ideas out there :)

I'm going to throw a name out there (assuming it hasn't been suggested before)

What about Noirwhal?
Noir (nwär) is french for black and it almost sounds like Narwhal. Simplicity!!

Alternate spellings of; Noirwall, Noirwal, Noirwhall and Noirwhalle

Final Submission: Noirwal

Almost. Noir is French for "black".
As I speak french I should know this :P Yeah you're right, I wasn't thinking to hard when I wrote my suggestion, I'll go edit my post thanks!

Any other comments?

I have my support behind Narrakota and Scarwhal at the moment, though I prefer the spelling to be Scarwal without the silent H! Again a fan of the simplicity, that and Narrakota rolls of the tongue nicely!

Final Submission

DuneDrill

I think this makes a lot of sense. The narwhale is digging through sand dunes, and it has a drill. Sandunes are also on the beach, btw. Kind of like a psuedo water reference with it being a whale type too. :/

Narbo

Narwhal + Nothing of consequence.
Dunno. Sounds tank-y or something. I can immagine some sort of muscley animated narwhal in green swimming trunks named Narbo on a Spongebob Episode lifting a shitload of weights with Larreh teh Lobster.

Possibly Narbor to combine 'Harbor' if sounds better.
Which one you guys prefer?
*Prepares to be ignored*
XD, I know it's really tiresome to read through all of these posts, but it's probably a good idea. On page 5, i suggested the name Narboro, but decided to drop it. It combined Narwhal with Burrow. You're more than welcome to have it (the Narbo***), I already have a final submission, but try not to post stuff that already has something similar up here already. Not just you, lots of people are doing it.

Final Submission
Mobidrill
(Moby Dick + Drill + Mobius)
It's pronounced Mow-Bee-Drill.

I like it! But it's EXACTLY an english word. See if you can make a pun out of it somehow. That'll make it more pokemon-like.
Electrode, Ditto, and Stratagem are all English words and names of Pokemon.

Final Submission

Since it got a mention, I'm going with Oraboro as my name. It combines Orca with Burrow to make a badass name. It sounds really nice, isn't too complicated, and fits the art pretty nicely. Since the art has been compared with Dugtrio quite frequently, I think the digging aspect of the CAP shouldn't be ignored, and the burrow part of Oraboro fits that very well.
I agree with this name.

Oraboro

Well, I was going to make this a final submission, but since Plus wants discussion, I'm just going to throw Monstrole and Amboregris out there as options again.

Really, there's so many whale related words left to use. Anyone make a name based on Fluke? Blowhole? Perhaps go for the Futurama reference with Leelu? There seems to be a wealth of options instead of resorting to foreign roots or just tacking "Nar" onto the beginning of various words.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://pastebin.com/f5cf49de6

Take a look guys! try giving feedback on all 185(now 186 atm) of those names!

Seriously, I've had enough names so far, and some of them have really been pure jokes. Note the DISCUSSION part of the thread -- just because creating a name does not take as much effort as other parts of CAP does not mean you can flood the thread and make it worse :/. People have been bumping their names asking for advice (which is against the rules come the fuck on) because their submissions have been flooded by a bunch of other names, and there have been mass repetitions of said names already because they didn't want to sift through 9 pages of NAMES ONLY. Heck, even I wouldn't. Give everybody some space, and please fucking cut down on the names. There is no way I am allowing that many onto the poll, and the way this is going I will need to control the slates for this poll again, which I really didn't want to do for this thread. Check some of the names there, see if you like any, etc. I'm doing this for the sake of all those whiners who wanted some advice, as well as to show you how much you've already done in two days. (not in a good way >_>)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)