OC (FFA) The Ghost Guessing Game v1 - Won by Celever and Duskfall98

(I once promised my game would have no deaths... this is why.)

DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/yN7NnvAE8m

WELCOME TO... The Ghost Guessing Puzzle!
For reference, see the Phasmophobia video game.

Rules
  1. This is an Outside Contact Game. You may speak freely and privately to each other, but please keep me in the loop. Your host will provide a Discord Server for everyone to join.
    1. On request, I can make private channels for discussion, but there will be delays based on my availability.
    2. YOU MAY NOT QUOTE HOST MESSAGES. Results should be formulaic enough that those are too easily fakeable to matter, though.
  2. This is Open Setup. All role PMs will be published, minus who received them. Roles will NOT repeat.
  3. This game takes a minimum of 8 players and a maximum of 22.
  4. You play as Ghosts. You're already dead. You're in the game until the end.
  5. Your objective is to correctly guess every Ghost, matching the Ghost to its player. The game ends when this happens.
  6. The game has two phases, each lasting 48 hours
    1. The Main Phase is used for negotiations, planning, and actions. In addition to actions, everyone has a special action: Main Phase X - Trade Information. The Trade Information action is discussed below, in Rule 11. During this phase, you cannot submit guesses for who each Ghost is.
    2. The Submission Phase. You can still talk during this cycle. During the Submission Cycle, you guess each Ghost.
      1. You may re-submit your guesses if you change your mind, but only your most recent guess will be used at cycle's end.
      2. You may not guess the same Ghost or player twice in the same guess. Doing so will result in all violating guesses being ignored.
  7. Each player has six (6) Action Points to use on actions each cycle. You use these to investigate your fellow players.
    1. Tier 1 investigations cost 1 AP and have a 1/3 chance of spotting an Evidence that's present.
    2. Tier 2 investigations cost 2 AP and have a 2/3 chance.
    3. Tier 3 investigations cost 3 AP and have a 100% chance.
    4. DO REALIZE: A few Ghost powers mess with these odds. You will not be notified if that happens to your results.
  8. The Evidences are: DOTS, EMF 5, Freezing Temperatures, Ghost Writing, Ghost Orbs, Spirit Box, and Ultraviolet.
  9. You may not target the same user twice in one Cycle, nor may you use two of the same investigations per Cycle.
  10. Again, the game ends if someone manages to guess everyone. If multiple people, up to 20% of the game rounded up, manage to get it right, then all people who guessed correctly win. If more than 20% manage to guess everyone, then there's no winner. The Revenant and The Mimic (when impersonating the Revenant) modify this rule for their own use.
  11. Rule 11: You may submit TWO actions per Main Phase to Trade Information with ONE other player per action. You may only include positive results you got or that you traded for as things to trade to someone else, or on yourself, and you cannot trade the same positive to the same person multiple times. You must specify how many positive results you want in return, and each positive you want must specify if it's an Investigation or on a USER, allowing the person you're trading with to fill in the blank. (So if you want a positive Spirit Box on a specific user, you have to ask for a positive on that person and hope that the person you're trading with chooses Spirit Box, or else choose Spirit Box and hope that they choose this person). This will fail if submissions are incompatible. Because trades are mediated by the host, trades have 100% accuracy. Talk with the host for details. You may not trade a positive on a person to that same person.
All the roles may be found HERE

Signups: Players:
  1. Celever
  2. NightEmerald
  3. Duskfall98
  4. bluedoom
  5. Zorbees
  6. Ditto
  7. McCrab dropped
  8. Cuane
  9. ToasterBoi420
  10. a fairy
Substitutes
  1. Yeti
(removed one un-signup via discord)

Last edited:
Dear Crystal Methyd,

You are Rabsca, the Reviver.

You are well known for being one of the first to pioneer Pokemon revival techniques with your new signature move Revival Blessing. During the Day, you can PM the host with Day X - Revive Player, and that player will be resurrected from death starting from the beginning of the next night. If they had any limited use abilities, their ability charges will be the same as they were before death. This ability can only be used once.

You are aligned with grass.
Wrong game?

Aura Guardian is there any chance for shorter phases, 3 x 48 hours is going to make every cycle about a week long, unless in misunderstanding?
Glancing over it, I could combine the Discussion and Action phases, since they're both about gathering information. Would that work, do you think?

I could lower the submission phase time, too, but I'd prefer to give everyone leeway for some sort of emergency errand eating up a day.

1. The Actions Phase where you're allowed to start submitting actions but during which you can still talk as if it were the Discussion Cycle.
  2. The Submission Phase. You can still talk during this cycle. During the Submission Cycle, you guess each Ghost.
    1. You may re-submit your guesses if you change your mind, but only your most recent guess will be used at cycle's end.
    2. You may not guess the same Ghost or player twice in the same guess. Doing so will result in all violating guesses being ignored.
If I can talk during the Action Phase and the Submissions phase, then what is the point of the action phase?

1. The Actions Phase where you're allowed to start submitting actions but during which you can still talk as if it were the Discussion Cycle.
If I can talk during the Action Phase and the Submissions phase, then what is the point of the action phase?
Discussion has the official trade information action, that is intended to give you information to inform the investigation targets.

Could you clarify goryo and moroi specials? Goryo sounds convoluted and moroi seems cut off
Goryo: T3 DOTS is only as accurate as T2, and T2 as accurate as T1 (meaning Goryo can dodge getting inspected by a Tier 3 DOTS). T1 DOTS involving the Goryo is: If Goryo uses T1 DOTS on a Phantom targeted by 8 total Action Points (such as 3 T2s , a T1, and the Goryo's T1 DOTS) then it will only even have a chance to work if the Goryo is targeted by no more than 7 points (such as 2 T3s and a T1). If the Goryo was targeted by those 7 AP worth of actions, then the person doing the targeting the Goryo would only have a 1/3 chance to detect DOTS (as normal) if they themself were targeted by 6 or fewer points worth of action. That same Phantom, targeted by 8 points, would always fail to detect the Goryo's DOTS in that situation, despite normally having a 1/3 chance.

Moroi: Moroi uses ANY tier 3 investigation on Spirit. Spirit uses one of each tier (1, 2, and 3). The T1 power is roleblocked and they are not informed. Spirit instead uses a 2 Tier 1s and a Tier 2. One of the Tier 1s is blocked, I choose randomly. Spirit uses 3 tier 2s or 2 tier 3s. One of the actions is lowered (to T1 and 2x T2, or to T2 + T3), and they are not informed. EDIT: Though Ghost Orbs on the Mimic will still function, because that overwrites the chance to 100%

So, let me get this straight:
Goryo downgrades T2-3 dots, and fails T1 dots if the DOTS user is targeted more than you

Moroi uses their T3 on someone, making them downgrade the lowest tier investigation they have.

what happens if a moroi uses 2 T3 on the same person? Can they use a T3 on 2 different people?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)