OC (FFA) The Ghost Guessing Game v1 - Won by Celever and Duskfall98

Question: if the Mimic copies the Revenant, both still have to guess correctly during the same phase for both to win, correct? Ex: if Mimic wins with Revenant power and the real Revenant hasn't guessed correctly, the Mimic is the only winner?

Considering joining but still figuring out how this game works/seeing if I have time (life might get busy in the next couple of weeks)

Question: if the Mimic copies the Revenant, both still have to guess correctly during the same phase for both to win, correct? Ex: if Mimic wins with Revenant power and the real Revenant hasn't guessed correctly, the Mimic is the only winner?

Considering joining but still figuring out how this game works/seeing if I have time (life might get busy in the next couple of weeks)
Correct.

Amendment to rule 11: You may not trade a positive on a person to that same person.
And it looks like I forgot to write the roles for Oni and Poltergeist, so I lowered max players to 22. For now. (I mean to add them and re-host this again every so often, due to open setup.)

I'm missing a few investigation actions and it seems a few people weren't clear on a few things, so granting a 24 hour extension to just under 25 hours from this post.

1: This is the Main Phase. You send in actions here, doing your investigations (by default, 6 tier points to split among unique investigations/targets)
2: This is not the phase where you send in guesses. That's the submission phase, which comes after actions are processed.

DEADLINE

It is now Submission Phase of Cycle 1. Submission Phase ends in 48 hours, midnight EST going into Feb 4.

Results will be out on discord before you've finished reading this. I'll send your results in your role PMs, too, but at a more leisurely pace.

Last edited:
McCrab dropped; missing a couple guess lists (and there's a good reason for one of them), so I'm granting one last extension of 24 hours. If you want to change your guesses to account for McCrab dropping (all guesses that include his ghost will return not in game, all guesses on him specifically are void)

Game Over
Duskfall98 and Celever win.

Final guess accuracy:
a fairy: 0 right, 6 ingame, 3 not ingame
bluedoom: 4 right, 4 ingame, 1 not ingame
Celever: 9 right, 0 ingame, 0 not ingame
Cuane: 0 right, 0 ingame, 0 not ingame; NO SUBMISSION
Ditto: 8 right, 0 ingame, 1 not ingame
Duskfall98: 9 right, 0 ingame, 0 not ingame
NightEmerald: 8 right, 0 ingame, 1 not ingame
Zorbees: 2 right, 4 ingame, 3 not ingame

List:
a fairy - Banshee
bluedoom - Moroi
Celever - Obake
Cuane - The Twins
Ditto - Yurei
Duskfall98 - Mare
NightEmerald - Yokai
Zorbees - Goryo

(toasterboi420 dropped, but the slot stayed as the Jinn. McCrab was the Shade before dropping, with the role already removed.)

Initial postgame notes: I made a few mistakes, and mistakes about the mistakes. Ultimately, I believe these errors in checking, double-checking, etc. resulted in equal harm to both the Duskfall98/Celever alliance as well as to the Ditto/NightEmerald alliance, so that's played out mostly evenly. A longer postgame for later, but for now, what did all of you think, concept, gamepay-wise, and balance? I know there were some balance issues, but I'd like to hear what you all thought about them before I speak more.

wp everyone! setup was interesting, though balance was kinda skewed. Not sure if it’s just me, but the roles that actively make you harder to find (goryo for example) or help a lot with investigations (twins, jinn) just seem significantly better than things like my info role (just get a number for each person investigated for how many positives people got on them)

also guesslist info should be made tradeable next time if there’s a good way of implementing it, though idk for sure. Maybe just nerfing it to only return right slot and not, since evidence felt like a secondary feature to just brute forcing guesslists

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One thing that I think could be fun is if there was some sort of restriction as to who could be on your team. Like you can't have more than one overlapping Investigation type of something. I liked the FFA aspect of the game with trying to decide how much info to give, something that made a game like Fire Emblem Mafia 2 one of my favorites, but in that game you had to be careful to give up too much info early because you didn't know if the person you were talking to might need you dead. Not needed, but just add a little spice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)