Sports NBA Thread: 2023-2024 Season

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
I have a new favorite team to win it all this year

The Clippers won 26 of their last 31. Absolutely insane, their team chemistry is off the charts. If Kawhi and PG can stay healthy by the playoffs, I can see them make a very deep run. Harden’s been a wonderful fit for their team. As long as he keeps his ego in check as their third-best player, I don’t see any team outside the Nuggets beating them in a 7 game series

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
ok so a lot of trade deadline stuff happening, as a mavs fan pj washington for grant williams, seth curry and 1st round draft pick seems like a lot but probably worth it

awyp

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
pat bev to milwakee might be a sneaky move for cam payne

---

Knicks reportedly get Pistons’ Burks, Bogdanovic

The New York Knicks are gearing up for the stretch run of the season. Per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Knicks are trading for Bojan Bogdanovic and Alec Burks and sending four players and two future second-round picks to the Detroit Pistons in the deal.

Knicks get:

Alec Burks
Bojan Bogdanovic
Pistons get:

Evan Fournier
Malachi Flynn
Quentin Grimes
Ryan Arcidiacono
Two future second-round picks

this the biggest move fs, makes knicks a real contender
----

The Oklahoma City Thunder have been among the West’s elite all season and are making a move for the playoff push. Per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Thunder are finalizing a trade to get former All-Star Gordon Hayward from the Hornets.

Thunder receive:

Gordon Hayward
Hornets receive:

Vasilije Micic
Tre Mann
Davis Bertans
Draft compensation

same thing here, this is really good for the thunder and putting them in the fight to get out the west cus they need some veteran leadership

So, the Lakers and LeBron spent all this time being talked by the media about roster improvements, gave D'Lo a contract for the purpose of being a trade piece, have the guy cry on the bench because he played above their expectations, not make a single move before the deadline because the only assets they have are a bag of chips and LeBron's dry cleaning, and now they're expected to walk all that shit back with him?

I would sabotage the fuck out of that team if that happened to me lmao. Burn it all down.

awyp

RMT Leader
So, the Lakers and LeBron spent all this time being talked by the media about roster improvements, gave D'Lo a contract for the purpose of being a trade piece, have the guy cry on the bench because he played above their expectations, not make a single move before the deadline because the only assets they have are a bag of chips and LeBron's dry cleaning, and now they're expected to walk all that shit back with him?

I would sabotage the fuck out of that team if that happened to me lmao. Burn it all down.
I was watching a magic Johnson video on how he said Lebron was LeGM and Derozen was supposed to come to LA but when he heard Westbrook was interested he decided to pick up Westbrook over Demar, they had to get rid of their defensive pieces like Caruso and Caldwell Pope for that trade, Lebron has been the king of self sabotage when it comes to building around, look at any franchise anytime Lebron leaves it’s a shit franchise for at least 2 years cus they need to rebuild since usually all the picks are depleted from prior years

awyp

RMT Leader
I dunno about the title of daddy if you're 0-2 against them in the playoffs at the end of the day though I would thoroughly enjoy Clippers vs Mavs Part III
this is true but im talking stictly numbers luka always shows up vs the clippers

as a mavs fan im very happy with the pick ups (gafford and pj washington), i think the mavs now have a potential to make a playoff run as long as everyone is healthy. luka is the clippers daddy
I've been pleasantly surprised with pj's defense especially clamping wemby after they made the swap when he was killing us early, he scored like 8 points after the swap with a lot of forced shots. He always had the tools with the size and athleticism just no doubt hard to be motivated on a bottom feeder. We def won the deadline.

awyp

RMT Leader
Mavs since the deadline-
5-0
1st in defense
8th in offense
2nd in net rating

i know its a small sample size but its been extremely impressive and fun to watch
since u me and darkie (inactive) are the only mavs fan on this site I will say Mavs are looking extremely good. I'm sorry but it be slanderous if Luka gets to the 4th / 5th seed and not get MVP playing at this level but I love the deadline trades from both players esp Gafford. Kyrie when healthy is such a good player, really makes the team title contenders.

since u me and darkie (inactive) are the only mavs fan on this site I will say Mavs are looking extremely good. I'm sorry but it be slanderous if Luka gets to the 4th / 5th seed and not get MVP playing at this level but I love the deadline trades from both players esp Gafford. Kyrie when healthy is such a good player, really makes the team title contenders.
the fact most places have him like 4th and 5th in odds is ridiculous smh people are just used to his games now they go crazy when say sga drops a 40 pt triple double. It's also annoying that people still push the narrative of luka plays no defense when he's actually been very good on that end this year now that he doesn't have to spend 99% of his energy carrying the offense. Side note UT is also a mavs fan.

awyp

RMT Leader
the fact most places have him like 4th and 5th in odds is ridiculous smh people are just used to his games now they go crazy when say sga drops a 40 pt triple double. It's also annoying that people still push the narrative of luka plays no defense when he's actually been very good on that end this year now that he doesn't have to spend 99% of his energy carrying the offense. Side note UT is also a mavs fan.

Luka has been playing good defense in terms of effort and being active on the passing lane, ofcourse also this:

'Luka Doncic 9th best ISO defender with (50+)Possessions,5th most with (60+), 3rd with (70+)'

UT confirm this

Laaawwwwl I miss darkie. I haven't changed my sig yet

Edit: wait my sig disappeared. Oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)