Sub Salac Heatran

Heatran @ Salac Berry
Timid/Modest, 4HP/252 Speed/252 Special Attack
Flash Fire
Substitute
Fire Blast
Hidden Power Ice / Earthpower
Explosion

Timid lets you outspeed Skymin after a Salac boost, if your not scared of Skymin go with Modest. Should be simple, come in using many of Heatran's resistance's (especially fire moves for that little extra boost), Sub while they switch to something to take Heatran's attacks to para you thinking you are a scarf tran, e.g. Cress you get a turn to fire blast while they switch or fail to break your substitute. If its a faster pokemon sub when they attack and carry on. After the salac boost you'll 99% of the time be faster, if you can't hurt them with your special moves. Then blow up in thier face. The advantage of this over Scarftran is suprise factor as well as the ability to change move.

Shit forgot to search, delete this then :'(

Stall Suicune@leftover
252hp/100def/158sp.def@bold
-dig
-protect
-toxic
-brine/rest
This set is to stall toxic damage with dive's 1 trun of invulerablility, and then soon protects to stall more damage. Brine to bring down weaken walls with brine's effect, which makes it a 130BP move without STAB. Haven't tested it. You can choose to put some speed into it to dive faster, or try minium speed to dive slow. I am not too good with evs, you can alter it if you want to.
Any comments? I have tested it on Shoddy, works fairly well, capable of being very offensive when brine activates. With no evs in special attack, it can score a 24% on umbreon, the trap passing kind.

Another dumb set:

Roserade@focus sash/salac berry/liechi berry
252atk/252spe/6def@jolly
-SD
-Seed bomb
-Return
-Sleep powder/sub/hp fire/hp ground

A really dumb set, have nothing to say about it, but it reaches the power greater than medicahm's max after 1 SD. If you pick sub, pick one of the berries.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sub Salac Heatran

Heatran @ Salac Berry
Timid/Modest, 4HP/252 Speed/252 Special Attack
Flash Fire
Substitute
Fire Blast
Hidden Power Ice / Earthpower
Explosion

Timid lets you outspeed Skymin after a Salac boost, if your not scared of Skymin go with Modest. Should be simple, come in using many of Heatran's resistance's (especially fire moves for that little extra boost), Sub while they switch to something to take Heatran's attacks to para you thinking you are a scarf tran, e.g. Cress you get a turn to fire blast while they switch or fail to break your substitute. If its a faster pokemon sub when they attack and carry on. After the salac boost you'll 99% of the time be faster, if you can't hurt them with your special moves. Then blow up in thier face. The advantage of this over Scarftran is suprise factor as well as the ability to change move.

Shit forgot to search, delete this then :'(

Here is a Heatran set I've been using to great success.

--------------------

--------------------
Sub-Salac Sweeper
@ Salac Berry
Timid - Flash Fire
4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

<ivs - 31,22,30,31,31,31>

- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Substitute
--------------------

This Heatran works wonders in this fast paced metagame. Heatran is the most common pokemon, and without a doubt the most commonly used set is the Timid Choice Scarf sweeper. Because of this, when a Heatran switches in, almost all players automatically assume it is Choice Scarfed. Use this set as offensively as you would a ScarfTran and you are guaranteed to have your opponent believe it is. For example, switching Heatran in to revenge kill Shaymin, Weavile, Infernape, etc is exactly how this set is meant to be played. In the mid-game this Heatran uses a single attack at a time to scout out counters, before switching out, acting just as a ScarfTran would. Your item won't give your deception away like Life Orb would.

Despite its effectiveness at mid game clearance, it is the end game when its bulky water counters have been elminated that this Heatran really shines. Use Heatran's brilliant typing to switch in on a resisted move. Imagine the look of horror on your opponent's face when they switch out to their Salamence from their Heatran, and instead of the expected Earth Power they are facing a Substitute. Heatran can then Substitute down to 25% health to activate Salac Berry, keep the substitute, outspeed Mence and OHKO with HP Ice. Then subsequently you use the luxury of being able to switch your moves to Earth Power their Heatran into oblivion, before sweeping the rest of their beliguered team with Fire Blast.

There are two factors that contribute to making this set so effective. One is the natural inclination of players to assume you are using ScarfTran, and if played correctly this set will seem exactly like it until the end game. Secondly, the thing that undos most SubSalac sets is that they get prioritied into the ground - at 25% health almost all pokemon fall to even a weak priority attack. Heatran's excellent typing, however, affords it a resistance to nearly every priority attack seen in the OU metagame. Quick Attack, Bullet Punch, Extremespeed, Shadow Sneak, Ice Shard and Sucker Punch all bounce harmlessly off its fiery steel hide. Even the dreaded Scizor's +2 Atk Life Orb Bullet Punch does a maximum of 24% to this Heatran, so without a crit it cannot OHKO. The only things Heatran needs to watch out for once it has set up is Aqua Jet, Mach Punch, and Vacuum Wave.

The IVs are a legit spread that allows your HP to be divisible by 4, which means Salac will activate on the fourth sub. It also gives you HP Ice 70, and in total you will only lose 1 Def point.
--------------------

So what do people think? Suggestions and criticisms are most welcome.

Thanks.

From page 42. Please search the thread before posting a set.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

BEEDRILL @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

ENDURE
ENDEAVOR/THIEF/X-SCISSOR
SWORDS DANCE
BATON PASS

This Beedrill is a sort of combination Endeavor-Pass. It doen't seem as effective as Ninjask, but it has Endure to work with, as well as Endeavor.

TURN 1:If your opponent has something with little offence, or something likely to set up Stealth Rock, use Swords Dance. When, or if, it decides to attack, endure the first hit, activating the Salac Berry, as well as Swarm.

TURN 2:If the foe is Bug-weak, kill it, if it's heavily defensive, Endeavor it, and if it's got no offence, nick its item. If it's none of these, Pass the boosts out to something that needs them.

Of course, this will seem like a less effective Ninjask variant, but an Endeavor on something like Steelix can cripple it for the rest of the battle, and sweepers caught in the trap will be at great risk from priority users and Stealth Rock.

Its effectiveness varies with its second moveslot. Steelix laughs at X-Scissor, but is deprived of Leftovers by Thief and crippled by Endeavor. And of course, something like Exploud will greatly appreciate the boosts given. Rotom takes fair damage from a Swords Danced Thief but is practically immune to X-Scissor and Endeavor. Not only that, but if Beedrill is faster and Rotom tries a Trick, all its efforts are wasted:

Beedrill used Thief.
It's Super Effective!
Rotom lost 34% of its health
Beedrill stole Rotom's Choice Specs!
Rotom used Trick.
Rotom obtained Choice Specs!
And Shiftry doesn't enjoy a STABed, Swarmed, Swords Danced X-Scissor much either.

BEEDRILL @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

ENDURE
ENDEAVOR/THIEF/X-SCISSOR
SWORDS DANCE
BATON PASS

This Beedrill is a sort of combination Endeavor-Pass. It doen't seem as effective as Ninjask, but it has Endure to work with, as well as Endeavor.

TURN 1:If your opponent has something with little offence, or something likely to set up Stealth Rock, use Swords Dance. When, or if, it decides to attack, endure the first hit, activating the Salac Berry, as well as Swarm.

TURN 2:If the foe is Bug-weak, kill it, if it's heavily defensive, Endeavor it, and if it's got no offence, nick its item. If it's none of these, Pass the boosts out to something that needs them.

Of course, this will seem like a less effective Ninjask variant, but an Endeavor on something like Steelix can cripple it for the rest of the battle, and sweepers caught in the trap will be at great risk from priority users and Stealth Rock.

Its effectiveness varies with its second moveslot. Steelix laughs at X-Scissor, but is deprived of Leftovers by Thief and crippled by Endeavor. And of course, something like Exploud will greatly appreciate the boosts given. Rotom takes fair damage from a Swords Danced Thief but is practically immune to X-Scissor and Endeavor. Not only that, but if Beedrill is faster and Rotom tries a Trick, all its efforts are wasted:

And Shiftry doesn't enjoy a STABed, Swarmed, Swords Danced X-Scissor much either.
In your description you make it sound like Beedrill is running X-Scissor, Thief, and Endeavor, instead of just one.

Also, Rotom is taking 34% with a +2 Thief. That's decent damage, but that's not going to be enough to be worth using. Why would Rotom even use Trick with specs, when it could probably OHKO Beedrill with a Specs Thunderbolt. At worst it would be a 2HKO.

There's just a lot of better options than using Beedrill.

Sceptile@ Life Orb/Expert Belt
Naive
Overgrow
24 SAtk / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
~ Focus Blast/Brick Break
~ Leaf Storm/Grass Knot/Energy Ball
~ X-Scissor
~ Thunder Punch/Dragon Claw

This set is basicly a reverse form of MixInfernape. It serves the same purpose, to some extent. It definitly needs help on the EVs, so feel free to add some input. Switching around the moves might be an option as well.

I'll edit in some damage calcs on some common walls, etc, once I finish with my dinner.

Another dumb set:

Roserade@focus sash
252atk/252spe/6def@jolly
-SD
-Seed bomb
-Return
-Sleep powder/sub/hp fire/hp ground

A really dumb set, have nothing to say about it, but it reaches the power greater than medicahm's max after 1 SD.
One SD gets its Attack higher than Medicham's maximum, and you call the set dumb. Physical sweeping Roserade sounds good. Though if you're running Jolly, Hidden Power of any type isn't a good idea. And Focus Sash with Substitute? No. Looks as though Sleep Powder's the only viable 4th move there. Nice set, though.

This is the Mixtile I use
Sceptile@ Life Orb/Expert Belt - Because I don't want that recoil.
Naive/Hasty - Hasty is the better option IMO because you don't want to take away from the better defence stat.

Overgrow
100 SAtk / 236 Atk / 174 Spe - the speed is enough to tie TimidGar
~ Rock Slide
~ Leaf Storm
~ Earthquake
~ HP Ice

Sceptile@ Life Orb/Expert Belt
Naive
Overgrow
24 SAtk / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
~ Focus Blast/Brick Break
~ Leaf Storm/Grass Knot/Energy Ball
~ X-Scissor
~ Thunder Punch/Dragon Claw

This set is basicly a reverse form of MixInfernape. It serves the same purpose, to some extent. It definitly needs help on the EVs, so feel free to add some input. Switching around the moves might be an option as well.

I'll edit in some damage calcs on some common walls, etc, once I finish with my dinner.
what exactly does this hit? as far as a wallbreaker goes, I'd much rather use something like mixmence or crushking or something like that, something that really does break the walls. x-scissor doesnt do nearly enough to hit cresselia decently hard. long story short, this thing basically is outclassed in the mixed attacking area. if anything, you'd at least want to subpunch, which imo is the best (if not only) viable option for a mixed attacking sceptile

]Stall Suicune@leftover
-dig
-protect
-toxic
-brine/rest
This set is to stall toxic damage with dive's 1 trun of invulerablility, and then soon protects to stall more damage. Brine to bring down weaken walls with brine's effect, which makes it a 130BP move without STAB. Haven't tested it. You can choose to put some speed into it to dive faster, or try minium speed to dive slow. I am not too good with evs, you can alter it if you want to.[/quote]

No one ever commented on this set! Suicune is sad.
NO! Suicune is MAD!!He is FURIOUS!!!!!!!!

IMO, sceptile doesn't want to be slower than Starmie and Azelf, and why only tie timid gar??
Well I mainly wanted to Mix Attack and sort of break walls while being remotely quick. Just the fact that it tied Gar for me was a bonus and ables it to retain more power.

If you remain ignorant to the power of Sceptile then that sucks for you, keep underrating it.

I don't know if my spread or moves was ideal, but I can say I had great results using this Sceptile. It surprises a lot of people.

]Stall Suicune@leftover
-dig
-protect
-toxic
-brine/rest
This set is to stall toxic damage with dive's 1 trun of invulerablility, and then soon protects to stall more damage. Brine to bring down weaken walls with brine's effect, which makes it a 130BP move without STAB. Haven't tested it. You can choose to put some speed into it to dive faster, or try minium speed to dive slow. I am not too good with evs, you can alter it if you want to.

No one ever commented on this set! Suicune is sad.
NO! Suicune is MAD!!He is FURIOUS!!!!!!!!

The set sounds good enough, but that pic is awesome!

Probably because it's running Dig over Dive.
Not running dive, because if suicune is facing vap, dive would heal vap, making it hard to take vap down.

"trying to make a team without: salamence, heatran, skymin, scizor, mamo, blissey, skarm, metagross, and most things seen on a offensive team.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I mainly wanted to Mix Attack and sort of break walls while being remotely quick. Just the fact that it tied Gar for me was a bonus and ables it to retain more power.

If you remain ignorant to the power of Sceptile then that sucks for you, keep underrating it.

I don't know if my spread or moves was ideal, but I can say I had great results using this Sceptile. It surprises a lot of people.
I was just saying that I believe it a waste of 120 speed to find yourself slower than the 115 group, particularly starmie who you should beat with your grass typing, and it would be terrible to lose to ice beam.

Overall though I do think Sceptile is weak compared to skymin, who even then struggles depending on grass' sub-par coverage (grass hits some very important pokemon SE, but is resisted by too many as well).

I didn't mean to direct that towards you btw.

While I can't recall coming across many of Starmie's with Sceptile believe or not, I guess a relatively minor adjustment should be made to outspeed 352 speed Starmie.

what about this for a scarfed uxie

uxie
bold
choice scarf
34spe/108spa/208hp/160def
-trick
-stealth rock
-psychic
-thunderbolt

the 34 speed is to outspeed gengar and infernape and the 108 spa to OHKO them with psychic after sr damage. the 108spa is also to OHKO offencive gyarados after sr. the 208hp is for optimal lefties recovery (atleast for my uxie's iv spread) and the rest in def. trick is for any wall and stealth rock for support and to turn some 2HKO's into OHKO's
Might be a late reply, but I would say Mesprit is so much better at this.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I decided to have another go at a hitherto uncreated moveset.

I went to a random number generator, and asked for a number between 1 and 500.

The number I got was 376.

METAGROSS @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Impish

TRICK
REFLECT
LIGHT SCREEN
STEALTH ROCK

EVs: 252 HP, 200 SDef, 56 Def

A sort of Tricking, Rocking, Dual Screen Metagross lead. It functions a bit like the old Deoxys-e leads, but with a bit less speed and a bit more bulk, so one can mess up leads with Trick, set up screens as they switch and perhaps add the rocks for good measure. Other options include:

Magnet Rise, Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Toxic, Protect, Explosion, Rest

Magnet Rise can increase Metagross's survivability, especially seeing as Earthquake is the most popular attack of all nowadays.
Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash offer an attack, not to mention stopping fast Taunters from getting round you.
Toxic is for people who prefer stalling out their foes.
Protect is usable for scouting alongside Toxic.
Explosion is the trademark suicide lead move, but this Metagross is designed to return and continue supporting throughout the game.
Rest is the only real recovery you have, but it leaves you vulnerable to pokemon that decide to switch in and sweep.

You know what, bugmaniac, this thread isnt ok choose a poke at random and create a very unuseful moveset. You must have a clear idea of what role or idea the set owrks on, or modification of a previous set to keep it up to date with the latest trends etc. Its no point doing a RNG and then just making a random set for it.

Meditite @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
Moveset:
-Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break/Focus Punch
-Psycho Cut/Zen Headbutt
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch

Achieves 360 Speed and 358 Attack with this set, factoring in Pure Power and Choice Scarf. Thunder/Ice Punches for a pseudo-BoltBeam. Psycho Cut vs. Zen Headbutt. Power vs. Accuracy. It's your call, really. On Medicham, Psycho Cut is recommended for its better accuracy, but if you're using Meditite, you're already taking risks, so Zen Headbutt is viable. Not to mention Meditite has lower Attack than Medicham, so Zen Headbutt's higher power can compensate for this. Hi Jump Kick is even riskier, as there's recoil damage in it for Meditite if it misses. Then there's maybe Focus Punch. Some people may just think a NFE is the perfect opportunity to set up, so it's not as risky to run Focus Punch.

Meditite @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
Moveset:
-Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break/Focus Punch
-Psycho Cut/Zen Headbutt
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch

Achieves 360 Speed and 358 Attack with this set, factoring in Pure Power and Choice Scarf. Thunder/Ice Punches for a pseudo-BoltBeam. Psycho Cut vs. Zen Headbutt. Power vs. Accuracy. It's your call, really. On Medicham, Psycho Cut is recommended for its better accuracy, but if you're using Meditite, you're already taking risks, so Zen Headbutt is viable. Not to mention Meditite has lower Attack than Medicham, so Zen Headbutt's higher power can compensate for this. Hi Jump Kick is even riskier, as there's recoil damage in it for Meditite if it misses. Then there's maybe Focus Punch. Some people may just think a NFE is the perfect opportunity to set up, so it's not as risky to run Focus Punch.
LOL:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)