CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 4

How much Base Stat Total should our new Pokemon have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I know, but it's not that difficult ("To calculate this on your computer, open up windows calculator, and do HP * Defense (or Sp. Def), hit the "log" button, and then divide by the magic number 0.041392685").
I know, I know, it just takes more time.

I was just reading Obi's RMT, and realized this might be a great SDLuke counter. Immune to Close Combat, Extremespeed, and Stone Edge and still neutral to Crunch. Of course, they could just run Shadow Claw, but that is significantly weaker on Cresselia and such.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was just reading Obi's RMT, and realized this might be a great SDLuke counter. Immune to Close Combat, Extremespeed, and Stone Edge and still neutral to Crunch. Of course, they could just run Shadow Claw, but that is significantly weaker on Cresselia and such.
thats briliant, SDluke is riping apart teams and has very few good counters, this should slow its rampage. also gliscor normaly beats it but some are droping crunch for HP ice this thing will slaughter the ones with HP ice. it also as figting STAB to KO it with.

You're actually starting to get on my nerves too. You have absolutely no reason to say this pokemon can't have balanced defenses. If you read Poll 3, you'd see that what people actually want is a balanced, physical pokemon. Which translates to having relatively even stats, but with a physical orientation. That means even defenses. If I recall, we're making a Swampert, not a Tangrowth.
Ok. But I never said no balanced defenses. All I was saying is that if someone's spread had SpDef at 110 and Def at 95, just switch them, since the poll ended with physical being the best with balanced Defenses. So, the defenses are still balanced, but the Physical defense is higher. Thats all.

Kinda confused what the heck when on while I slept. Deck Knight make some analyze of a few people's stat spread, talking how they beat Swampert defensive, all the while other talk about the coming up poll. Having some doubts on my stat spread...going to toy around with it.

Kinda confused what the heck when on while I slept. Deck Knight make some analyze of a few people's stat spread, talking how they beat Swampert defensive, all the while other talk about the coming up poll. Having some doubts on my stat spread...going to toy around with it.

Basically Deck Knight pointed out that you guys are too good, most of your spreads had somewhere inbetween Swampert's and Dusknoir's defense on both Spectrums to way above them.

I just wanted to introduce the method I am doing for the next poll, it should really cut down on a lot of the time.

Hyra, for the next poll, when you set it up like the last poll, can you post in bolded letters when the voting has changed? Thats why I got confused last time, I didn't see any warning, and I wasn't expecting it to be like that.

Basically Deck Knight pointed out that you guys are too good, most of your spreads had somewhere inbetween Swampert's and Dusknoir's defense on both Spectrums to way above them.
Okay, wasn't aware we were beating Swampert and Dusknoir in terms of defensive prowerss.

I just wanted to introduce the method I am doing for the next poll, it should really cut down on a lot of the time.
I see no problem with that, just confused on what you and the others were talking about.

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i just though of something, if we chose the stat spread after the artwork we risk makeing te spread conflict with the previous evos.
if the banette evo is chosen as the artwork and the spread has lower stats we could break a rule of pokemon, higher evos ALWAYS have a equal/higher base stat i every stat exept speed, and they always have the same kind of distribution, if a prevo as higher sp. def than def the evo will have the same, stats stay generly in proportion, one exeptionis syther-scizor.
we voted for a tank with high phy. attack and lowish speed, banettes spread is 64/115/65/83/63/65 the speed is fine and some spreads have enough attack but it is far from bulky, and i fear that with >115 attack and unresisted stabs and a great defencive typeing and decent defencive stats this could become seriously overpowerd, not uber, but like T-Tar was to the advanced generation, and garchomp is to this.

Wait, we're still considering making this a Banette evo? Also, Hyra, do you have any verdict on what support moves we're giving this right now?

Also, I don't know about anyone else but I find that defense higher than sp def would be far more beneficial to this pokemon on everything but a Bulk Up set. Most of this pokemon's useful resists/immunes are usually physical (Rock, Fighting, Bug) and it's going to be using other sets besides Bulk Up so I don't see the need for such high sp def (though that doesn't mean I want to increase physical defense either, it's already got much better resistances than Swampert). If anything I'd rather see it's sp def be it's weak point since it's weaknesses are frequently special and it's hard enough to hit this thing SE as it is.

Rhykune, on that note, I want to suggest taking some of the sp def off your 95/110/90/60/100/70 spread and putting it in either speed (if raised to 80 it could really take advantage of it better, though an uneven speed mark like 73 could also work if you want to outspeed something specific without going +speed, like Jolly TTar) or another stat. That's just an idea though, it's your spread.

i just though of something, if we chose the stat spread after the artwork we risk makeing te spread conflict with the previous evos.
if the banette evo is chosen as the artwork and the spread has lower stats we could break a rule of pokemon, higher evos ALWAYS have a equal/higher base stat i every stat exept speed, and they always have the same kind of distribution, if a prevo as higher sp. def than def the evo will have the same, stats stay generly in proportion, one exeptionis syther-scizor.
we voted for a tank with high phy. attack and lowish speed, banettes spread is 64/115/65/83/63/65 the speed is fine and some spreads have enough attack but it is far from bulky, and i fear that with >115 attack and unresisted stabs and a great defencive typeing and decent defencive stats this could become seriously overpowerd, not uber, but like T-Tar was to the advanced generation, and garchomp is to this.
Not to worry. We are doing stats before art. Order currently is stats-->art-->ability-->movepool.

eric the espeon

Not to worry. We are doing stats before art. Order currently is stats-->art-->ability-->movepool.
but what if we chose a stat spread that does not fit with banette? then we chose the banette evo as the art? do we redo the stat poll?

but what if we chose a stat spread that does not fit with banette? then we chose the banette evo as the art? do we redo the stat poll?
I would hope people have enough common sense not to do that. Both stat and art threads will be done by the method Lord Sunday gave me, so it shouldn't be a problem.

eric the espeon

I would hope people have enough common sense not to do that.
yea, but to give my spread a better chance i am going to give it 115 base attack so it could be used with the banette artwork
Both stat and art threads will be done by the method Lord Sunday gave me, so it shouldn't be a problem.
what method is that? bold text?

Thought we was techically doing a new monster?

We are. Unless KoA's art is amazing enough to win out over everything. And then I will consider it. And for Eric, this quote is how the next two polls are going.

Lord_Sunday said:
Somethign occured to me today. For the create a Pokemon, we could aviod having multiple polls for ecentially the same subject with a bolded preferential vote.

I'm sure you're farmiliar with the concept of a preferential vote (the type they do for most elections... in some countries, at least). Everyone will list (and bold) the options for the poll from "best" to "worst", or in the order of "preference". Someone (I volunteer) would count all the first votes, and the option with the least vote would have all of it's votes go to whoever is second in that persons preference. This continues until we are left with the winner(s).

Obviously this could become time consuming, but not so much as having three or four polls on virtually the same thing. In fact, it's escentially what we're doing now, but more effecient. Counting the votes is time consuming, but I would gladly volunteer. Also people who don't read the OP would probably end up doing a donkey vote, but if they don't read the OP then they don't exactly deserve to have their vote counted anyway.

The next poll I could see this being sucesfully implimented in would be the Pokemons Trait. Then it's design. Anyway, that's just some food for thought for you.

eric the espeon

could i change my spread if the banette art wins? cos i would rarther have 110 base attack if it does not win but if it wins it will make no sence. i would take 5 sp. def and put it in attack.

also i lke the idea lord sunday, it could save us days

We are. Unless KoA's art is amazing enough to win out over everything. And then I will consider it. And for Eric, this quote is how the next two polls are going.
I see...well if his Bannette evo picture actually wins over everything else, including KoA's original creature drawing then what happnes? Redo the evo picture to fit the stat spread or redo the stat spread to fit the picture?

I see...well if his Bannette evo picture actually wins over everything else, including KoA's original creature drawing then what happnes? Redo the evo picture to fit the stat spread or redo the stat spread to fit the picture?
I think I would put it back to a vote. I would prefer the drawing to revamped to look less Banette like, but there is also changing the Base Stats option.

I think I would put it back to a vote. I would prefer the drawing to revamped to look less Banette like, but there is also changing the Base Stats option.
So...if the artwork of a Bannette evo wins we literally backtrack right back to Balanced/Pyhsical/Special poll and start all over from that spot am I right? Personally I think revamping the picture to fit the stat spread is less time cosuming than trying to revamp the stats to fit the picture.

Voted 526-545.

Jupithun (Jupiter as in Thunder God / Thun as in Thunder)
Type: Dragon/Electric.
Ability: Levitate.

Base Stats:
102 / 75 / 72 / 116 / 80 / 95

Usable Movepool: Thunderbolt / Discharge / Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Aura Sphere / Subtitute / Focus Punch / Thunderwave / Yawn / Roost / Calm Mind / Wish / Light Screen / Reflect

Makes great subs to out Calm Mind non Ice Beam Bliss. The bulkier Dragon choice without the 4x Ice Beam weakness with very nice restances and a good supportive movepool.

Makes a good user of Choice Specs / Scarf too, but certainly not it's best asset.

Ow sorry, never mind the post. Didn't know that was not supposed to be post here. I just liked to create it, has some cool fanart aswell.

Ghost/Fighting sounds cool. I personally thought of a fast but fragile Dark/Fighting Ninja with good Attack and Technican, which works a bit like weavile.

Hey its cool. Just keep your idea around for the next poll. But don't post everything, just the typing. The pols are to come up with the various other information.

So...if the artwork of a Bannette evo wins we literally backtrack right back to Balanced/Pyhsical/Special poll and start all over from that spot am I right? Personally I think revamping the picture to fit the stat spread is less time cosuming than trying to revamp the stats to fit the picture.

Yeah, I'm starting to think just changing the art might be easier. Or just saying a marionette Pokemon doesn't have to evolve from Banette. If things that were similar had to evolve from each other, we'd have on long bird chain and one long fish chain by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)