Unpolished Art

HOW have I been missing this thread! It must not be bumped enough.

Lovvve the lickylicky comic.

Also I've got to say, the frame where the trainer says 'use your hidden power!' - the pose of the pokemon (quilava? >.>) is GENIUS. Props.

It's been awhile since I last posted here...I've been drawing stuff but not pokemon.

The news of the G/S remakes made me want to draw the male trainer. I tried to do it sugimori style but I failed miserably. Right now I suck at anime but I'm trying to get better. Anyways the first one is using the cartoon filter, I just did it because I liked the way it looked. The second is the original.

So I started a new project that I thought I'd share with you guys. I'm making some pokemon figures (gurines?) out of clay.

Pikachu before baking

And after

Totodile before proper gluing.

Chi'ding!

I've got a few more to do (making them for friends) and then glazing, painting, etc. But I thought I'd share the start of the process.

Great stuff here. :L

I particularly like the Alakazam, as well as the Salamence/Tyranitar comic. The effects are cool and the way you rendered Salamence's head is unique, much more sleek and dragon-esque than the sprites/Sugimori. I like it. :B

I never did understand why the collision of any two attacks in the anime always resulted in an explosion... (even fucking Bubble and Bullet Seed D:<)

Wow those figurines look sweet!

I can't wait to see them painted. (although you probably did since you started this project like 3 months ago)

I'm disappointed that I didn't see this tread earlier. I love the sketches, and I hope to see some more clay figures (go Psyduck!)

Well done

Wow, some of these really rock!
I especially like the cowboy one. I can tell you would be good with anatomic art too :D

lol, I saw this was bumped and was like "???"

Heh, thanks. Well since, I'm here I might as well share some stuff. Uh, these are some fakemon I made. I might do a "fakedex" at some point.

The name and concept for this was created by the user IC3R of smashboards. The overall design was done by myself. It's called Hurricrane.

I love all your sketches, post your clay figures :D if you're making a fakedex, I've got some drawings I created and got some people such as DarthVader317 and Zee-V70 to re-draw them, wondering if you want me to contribute :P

Thanks for the compliments and for the offer. If I ever do it I will probably do so on my own. Too many cooks you know?

This was a commision for someone.I put the wings down partly so you could see the Togepi on his back and partly because we always see Togekiss in the same freaking pose!

Thanks for the compliments and for the offer. If I ever do it I will probably do so on my own. Too many cooks you know?

This was a commision for someone.I put the wings down partly so you could see the Togepi on his back and partly because we always see Togekiss in the same freaking pose!
Haha no problems mate, another great drawing, finally someone drawing a Togekiss in a different pose! I think Dragonite in your style would be awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)