CAP 4 CAP 4 - Art Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the Millennium Falcon flying right out of the mouth. nice job as well.

At first I thought we had a pretty limiting type combo considering the goal of this project, but everyone keeps coming up with all sorts of idea.

Also, I tried drawing some sludge/plutonium critter, tentacles and everything. I'm probably not going to finish it, but I was just throwing that idea out there as an addendum to GT's post.

i have to admit that the imp is very cool looking but does it reak of ground type, 'cause to me it looks like a ghost or dark type and what utilities out of the ones listed can it know

All right, my sucky contribution. By all means, edit and render to your heart's content, with hopes this goes somewhere.

Some things I could see added to this would be garbage, bits of rusty metal, ect. to make it look like it crawled out of the city dump.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ok, IMPORTANT question: When does this thread close? I drew something for the last CAP, but I finished it too late, and I really don't want that to happen again. :\
At the current rate you have about eight days to submit artwork. This is of course subject to change.

Thorny Devil
Plausible: Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Safeguard, Gravity, Block, Haze and elemental Fangs.
Possible: Me First, Snatch, Trick Room, Rapid Spin, Reflect, Tailwind, Knock Off and certain Dragon moves. Tailwind needs a particularly fitting design, as it is hard to design a Poison/Ground with it. Knock Off probably requires a large tail.
Unlikely: Wish, Heal Bell, Trick Room, Memento, Perish Song, Ice Beam, Sleep moves, Levitate, Thick Fat.
This is still my faviourite idea. <3 Australian animals lol. For those who don't know they're pretty cool, spikey looking little lizards (20 centimeters tops, iirc) who live in the outback and eat mainly Ants and such. THey have a tendency to just sit in front of a trail of ants and pick them off with it's tongue, but they can also sprint when need be (U-turn!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorny_devil

I think there's a lot of room for a creative design in there.

This is my entry. He's kind of a porcupine-rat-mole-draftsman. I personally love how it turned out.

The poison type is covered by not only the poisonous spurs on his legs (and noxious-colored coat), but also the poison-coated stylus he draws with.

The ground type is covered by what animals he is primarily comprised of, as they are natural burrowers. He has a very naturalistic apron-like fur pattern as well.

I wanted to make a pokemon that looked like he could draw walls, pull anything out of his pouch to help his team (he's a marsupial, that's no pocket), and spin at will. I wanted to make a pokemon who truly fit the utility concept.

Absolution, as a fan of Sableye, I say "Yay!" I think it'd look interesting with some sort of gas mask or respirator, but that's just me.
Definitely an interesting idea, but I love his little face. Maybe his prevo could have one?

nice looking! Definetely a good, original design. Only gripe I have is the ground part is hard to imagine.

Smog Imp? Maybe a Smogon Imp!
I thought about his ground part too. I figured for one thing, Jirachi doesn't look like its Steel at all. None of the Water/Grounds look it at all. Wooper? Gligar? It's not uncommon for Ground Pokemon to not look stereotypically Ground.

Secondly, the Smog used to be more sand, but I really didn't want people to start thinking about giving this little guy Sandstream. That would be BAD.

Insta-Win to me. I don't know about the others but this little guy has grew on me instantly. The only thing I can think that needs changing is a lighter colored smog cloud but it's design is perfect.
Is this one good?

It's lighter by 20%, and I removed an extra layer that made the previous one foggy, so you could see it clearer. I also added the rocks and dirt everyone was asking for, even if I don't think it was necessary.

The smog imp is awesome. I love that idea, and the art goes with just about any support move you can think of.
Thank you very much!

To make it part ground as well, you may need to put some "earthy" tones to it, or add rocks...
Good idea on the rocks. See above.

Perhaps add some dust to the cloud of that imp and you've got a pretty damn good design there, I'd say.
Thanks!

I really like the Imp design, too. do you mind if I try drawing it?
Sure thing! The more people play with it, the better chance everyone will find a version of it that they especially like.

i have to admit that the imp is very cool looking but does it reak of ground type, 'cause to me it looks like a ghost or dark type and what utilities out of the ones listed can it know
Well the thing is, before Dark was even a type, Poison and Ghost were the 'evil' and 'night' types respectively. This just kinda goes back to that. He's a poisonous smog and dirt imp. What else would it be other than Poison/Ground?

Actually, Hazmat's work here is nothing short of brilliant. He looks like the most utilizable drawing up here yet! I love his closed eyes, though he needs to be a little cuter so he can fit the fairy section.

Love the edit, man that thing is cool/cute/smoggy.

EDIT: Any artists of talent that could mess with mine til it looks less I-did-this-in-Paint?

I really like the smog imp, but I still don't think it looks Ground enough for me. Otherwise it looks perfect, good job.

Absolution...it's perfect now. The earthy feel is there with those rocks there, and a lot more easier to see now.

IceBug~ It's good for a start. Make me think of Clay face a lot.

BTW, I love thorny devil and their similar looking friend, the horned lizard.

Damn straight, tsuchigumo fits that concept and base stats to a tee, and it's a spider to boot. With its power to cast illusions, moves like Hypnosis, Gravity and Trick Room will be no problem.

It is also possible to give him a "regal" apparance and control over other arachnid-based monsters such as Ariados, Spinarak and Scorpi, like Politoed can control the Poliwag line as extra flavour.
"King/Queen Spider Pokemon"...perfect xD. Wasn't aware of a japanese based spirit around spiders...really interesting.

It seemed like everyone wanted a death worm, but my submission seems to have gone unnoticed. Any suggestions? Do you like it?

Perhaps it was posted at the wrong time (bottom of page and then a new page was started almost immediately). Its at the bottom of page 7 if anyone mised it. Or maybe that's not the case...

Hi all

I suck at drawing...but the first post says "any rendering medium", so I figured I could try my hand at making something with Spore...Here it is:

I figured it could be a poisonous-looking, land-dwelling monster. Imagine this guy lurking in the mud, waiting for a chance to lay down some Spikes :D
It doesn't look heavy enough to be slow but looks like it can crawl at a decent speed. It isn't offensively inept-looking either; albeit it not being its most outstanding capability. To me, it seems like the venomous spikes and tough hide make it quite physically sturdy, but nothing Skarm-like.

Those little bulbs growing out of its chin...I tried to make them look as poison "sacks" ;x (Gastro Acid maybe?). I hate the claws but the demo didn't give me much to choose from >_>

We could put some kind of "gem" on it as earlier was suggested to make it able to execute TR/Wish/Screens/etc.

Here is the .png that the Spore editor uses to render this creature, if anyone wants to tweak it (I give permission to anyone if he/she wishes to do so).

Alright, It seems like everyone is kinda leaning towards small, cute and fast and away from the original worm and spider ideas.

Since poison/ground won, I figured I'd have a go the death worm idea. He doesn't look that pokemon-like but that can probably be remedied.

I decided to just whip up a quick sketch this time. Based on the design though,I could see this guy getting alot of the moves people want. Might need to tone down the badass a bit but... here it is.

Holy shit it's Tremors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)