5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm still trying to hit my seed. Am I doing this right?

-Synch clock to the time on the second window of the RNG reporter and hit it 2 seconds before cos of the actual time in the parameters
-turn off the C-gear
-spam x, hit b and then spam a to pick up the egg
-hatch the egg and find out it's IVs
- Hit it 1 second before the actual time, and than press your keypress combo and don't let it go until the intro movie starts.
- Just don't turn on the C-Gear when you press continue
- Don't you have to do some PID advancements in order to get to the right frame?

- Hit it 1 second before the actual time, and than press your keypress combo and don't let it go until the intro movie starts.
- Just don't turn on the C-Gear when you press continue
- Don't you have to do some PID advancements in order to get to the right frame?
-I got 2 actual seconds in the parameter and I don't use keypresses (all the guides that I've looked at say it's best to start without them.)
-I haven't been doing this so I know that's definately not the problem.
-Yes but I'm not up to that bit yet.

Should I listen to Chatot's cry once before picking up the egg? or is this only neccessary once you've hit your target?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you want to RNG abuse your Roamer (Thundurus / Tornadus) then you need to make sure you don't go past the house on Route 7. If you don't care about the roamer, then the next place you would need to stop is before the E4 if you want to RNG abuse Zekrom / Reshiram (but Zekrom / Reshiram will re spawn later after you KO them if you can completely fill all 24 boxes in your PC). That's about it, I think!
That restriction only comes into play once you go beat the 8th gym.

-I got 2 actual seconds in the parameter and I don't use keypresses (all the guides that I've looked at say it's best to start without them.)
-I haven't been doing this so I know that's definately not the problem.
-Yes but I'm not up to that bit yet.

Should I listen to Chatot's cry once before picking up the egg? or is this only neccessary once you've hit your target?
Don't use keypresses, you're doing it right. A normal DS/DSi should load the game for 1 second, so just use 1s. You have a Chatter pre-recorded before advancing your frames. You should not record a chatter when you are picking up your egg.

Don't use keypresses, you're doing it right. A normal DS/DSi should load the game for 1 second, so just use 1s. You have a Chatter pre-recorded before advancing your frames. You should not record a chatter when you are picking up your egg.
I'll try just 1 second then and see how that works. If there's no difference though then I think I'll just redo my parameters.

Also can you take the parents out of the daycare once you have an egg?

That restriction only comes into play once you go beat the 8th gym.
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but from what I think you meant: don't you have to pass the house on Route 7 to get to Twist Mountain, so you can get to Iccirus City? Therefor, you can't go past the house if you want to RNG abuse the roamer.

I'll try just 1 second then and see how that works. If there's no difference though then I think I'll just redo my parameters.

Also can you take the parents out of the daycare once you have an egg?
at the beginning you said "I turn off the c-gear", so how is it possible if you don't turn it on while loading the save?

yes, you can withdraw the parents after you get the egg, if you don't want them to make another one while you make the first one hatch.

p.s. do you use an original cartridge or a flashcard?

edit:
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but from what I think you meant: don't you have to pass the house on Route 7 to get to Twist Mountain, so you can get to Iccirus City? Therefor, you can't go past the house if you want to RNG abuse the roamer.
the first time you pass (or rather, until you defeat the 8th gym), thundurus\tornadus does not appear.

What is the actual RNG algorithm for Standard Seeds on Gen5?

I mean the one that is like [SEED]*[41C64E6D]+[6073] that was used on Gen4 but the one for Gen5.

I've tried looking through the research thread but I can't find anything. (sorry if I've missed it)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What is the actual RNG algorithm for Standard Seeds on Gen5?

I mean the one that is like [SEED]*[41C64E6D]+[6073] that was used on Gen4 but the one for Gen5.

I've tried looking through the research thread but I can't find anything. (sorry if I've missed it)
First post of the research thread, right where it says 64-bit Seed Formula.

First post of the research thread, right where it says 64-bit Seed Formula.
Ah ha thanks!

I know I've seen that post before but when I was trying to find it again I was clicking on the tab that says: 'Calculations the game uses'.

Thanks dude. :D

Edit: I take it that you don't need to do any bit shifting in Gen5 and you just times by the whole previous 64 bit number and just let it go over the maximum and up through 0 again.

at the beginning you said "I turn off the c-gear", so how is it possible if you don't turn it on while loading the save?

yes, you can withdraw the parents after you get the egg, if you don't want them to make another one while you make the first one hatch.

p.s. do you use an original cartridge or a flashcard?

edit:

the first time you pass (or rather, until you defeat the 8th gym), thundurus\tornadus does not appear.
Original.

Once you receive the egg, everything about it is set in stone (aside from the OT, but that only matters if you trade it before it hatches), so you can do anything you want without affecting it.
I thought that was the case. Glad I checked though.

I was wondering since I downloaded the newest RNG Reporter I saw an option in DS Parameter finder for DSi's and 3DS's. Does that mean we can use those now? Or are those settings still incomplete and we can only use regular DS still?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was wondering since I downloaded the newest RNG Reporter I saw an option in DS Parameter finder for DSi's and 3DS's. Does that mean we can use those now? Or are those settings still incomplete and we can only use regular DS still?
Mostly complete. We won't have data for DSi\3DS on Italian and Korean games until a volunteer with the real games shows up.

Mostly complete. We won't have data for DSi\3DS on Italian and Korean games until a volunteer with the real games shows up.
Alright thank you for the swift answer. And props to you and everyone else who has been dealing with RNG since it was discovered. I appreciate all your hard work immensely.

Two questions: Which Wondercard method do I use for the Toys R Us Mystery Egg Wondercard, and am I able to figure out the Timer0, VCount and VFrame for Black if I know them for White on my DS phat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)