Project Monotype Teambuilding Workshop

Moar teams:

[Ground] Anti-Water ft. Bloodmoon Ursaluna
:sv/ursaluna-bloodmoon: :sv/sandy shocks: :sv/clodsire: :sv/iron treads: :sv/great tusk: :sv/mamoswine:
Ursaluna-Bloodmoon (M) @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Mind's Eye
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blood Moon
- Earth Power
- Vacuum Wave
- Moonlight

Sandy Shocks @ Air Balloon
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Great Tusk @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Megahorn
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat

Iron Treads @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: ground
EVs: 252 HP / 152 SpD / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Heavy Slam

Clodsire (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Haze
- Recover

Mamoswine (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
Since the idea was a Ground team that could beat Water consistently, I thought about how to account for the main two threats to Ground as Water, which would be Manaphy and Wellspring Mask Ogerpon. For Manaphy, it's a threat that easily overpowers slower Pokemon due to its incredible wallbreaking potential, and in order to beat it, I would have to use a revenge killer that is faster than it and can either 1. pivot out or 2. OHKO it completely. The only Pokemon on Ground that outspeeds and OHKOs Manaphy is Choice Scarf Torterra, which is incredibly niche and hard to fit, so Sandy Shocks is the next best option. Volt Switch is really good for chipping down Manaphy and other Water-type Pokemon, while it's a good Stealth Rock setter in other matchups, mainly Flying where it can force Corviknight out. For Wellspring Mask Ogerpon, I decided to use Choice Scarf Megahorn Great Tusk, which OHKOs it and can even switch into Ivy Cudgel once. It's the only Choice Scarf user that can OHKO it immediately since otherwise it heals too much HP with Horn Leech. With Sandy Shocks, Great Tusk, and Bloodmoon Ursaluna's incredible wallbreaking potential, Water teams can be beaten through good play especially considering Clodsire with Haze walls a lot of the Pokemon on the type while preventing Manaphy from setting up. In order to switch into Wellspring Mask Ogerpon's Horn Leech consistently after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge, I added 48 Defense EVs on Clodsire to have more defensive counterplay against it. This team is played very aggressively.
- Bloodmoon Ursaluna is a pretty standard Moonlight 3 attacks set and Wise Glasses allows you to OHKO Chien-pao with Vacuum Wave and Quagsire with Blood Moon.
- In order to account for not having a Ground immunity, Sandy Shocks is Air Balloon and allows you to get up Stealth Rock easily.
- Iron Treads is Iron Defense with Body Press to improve the team's matchup against Baxcalibur and the Speed EVs allow it to outpace it while outspeeding Pokemon like Chien-pao and Dragapult after a Rapid Spin.
- Clodsire, Great Tusk, and Mamoswine have fairly standard sets. Choice Band Mamoswine is really good against the top types, mainly Flying and opposing Ground teams.

[Water] Rain ft. Ludicolo without Urshifu-R
:sv/ludicolo: :sv/pelipper: :sv/manaphy: :sv/quaquaval: :sv/quagsire: :sv/empoleon:
Pelipper (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn

Ludicolo (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rest

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Quaquaval (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Rapid Spin

Empoleon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Roost
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
With rain Water being traditionally strapped for teamslots, the tricky part about building with Ludicolo is that there's even less room and you have to use even more role compression. A lot of the struggle with this team was figuring out how to fit more than one role in one teamslot, which is seen in the Quaquaval, Empoleon, Manaphy, and Quagsire sets. Pelipper is the face of rain Water, so I added that first alongside Ludicolo. For a while I was considering Politoed because of the role compression of rain setter and specially defensive wall in one slot, but I ended up binning it due to the later edition of Empoleon. Earlier versions of the team had Pokemon like Toxapex, Hisuian Samurott, Walking Wake, Greninja, and Barraskewda incorporated, but they all got scratched for the final version which ultimately offers more role compression. I personally do not like Water without Quaquaval as hazard stacking can be the death of your team, so I added it onto the team with an offensive set compared to the typical defensive sets for extra offensive pressure against types like Dark and Steel. I removed Toxapex for Empoleon because Empoleon provides a lot more role compression than it, being a specially defensive wall that can check a lot of of prominent threats through its typing and has recovery. Alongside Quagsire, it provides the team with a solid defensive backbone to support Ludicolo and Manaphy. Manaphy is a really good Pokemon and breaks every fat team ever in contrast to Ludicolo taking out faster teams and has good longevity with Rest combined with Hydration. This team is played really aggressively.
- Ludicolo has Leaf Storm since it has a good chance of OHKOing Wellspring Ogerpon and Walking Wake, the latter with chip. Surf can be used somewhere on it as a more consistent Water STAB that doesn't get PP stalled as easily, but it is hard to fit.
- Pelipper is defensive because it's the team's main Fighting resist and Grass neutrality while being decently bulky.
- Manaphy is Tail Glow with Psychic to easily break apart Water, Ground and Poison as a result of using Toxapex and Clodsire as complete setup fodder. Rest is used so it doesn't get worn down in longer games.
- Quagsire is a Spikes setter and is good at chipping down types like Ground and opposing Water teams with it.
- Empoleon has Flash Cannon to have a better matchup against Fairy-type Pokemon, while Roar is great for phasing out sweepers like Frosmoth, Hydreigon, and Volcarona.

Moar teams:

[Ground] Anti-Water ft. Bloodmoon Ursaluna
:sv/ursaluna-bloodmoon: :sv/sandy shocks: :sv/clodsire: :sv/iron treads: :sv/great tusk: :sv/mamoswine:
Ursaluna-Bloodmoon (M) @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Mind's Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Blood Moon
- Earth Power
- Vacuum Wave
- Moonlight

Sandy Shocks @ Air Balloon
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Great Tusk @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Megahorn
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat

Iron Treads @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: ground
EVs: 252 HP / 152 SpD / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Heavy Slam

Clodsire (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Haze
- Recover

Mamoswine (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
Since the idea was a Ground team that could beat Water consistently, I thought about how to account for the main two threats to Ground as Water, which would be Manaphy and Wellspring Mask Ogerpon. For Manaphy, it's a threat that easily overpowers slower Pokemon due to its incredible wallbreaking potential, and in order to beat it, I would have to use a revenge killer that is faster than it and can either 1. pivot out or 2. OHKO it completely. The only Pokemon on Ground that outspeeds and OHKOs Manaphy is Choice Scarf Torterra, which is incredibly niche and hard to fit, so Sandy Shocks is the next best option. Volt Switch is really good for chipping down Manaphy and other Water-type Pokemon, while it's a good Stealth Rock setter in other matchups, mainly Flying where it can force Corviknight out. For Wellspring Mask Ogerpon, I decided to use Choice Scarf Megahorn Great Tusk, which OHKOs it and can even switch into Ivy Cudgel once. It's the only Choice Scarf user that can OHKO it immediately since otherwise it heals too much HP with Horn Leech. With Sandy Shocks, Great Tusk, and Bloodmoon Ursaluna's incredible wallbreaking potential, Water teams can be beaten through good play especially considering Clodsire with Haze walls a lot of the Pokemon on the type while preventing Manaphy from setting up. In order to switch into Wellspring Mask Ogerpon's Horn Leech consistently after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge, I added 48 Defense EVs on Clodsire to have more defensive counterplay against it. This team is played very aggressively.
- Bloodmoon Ursaluna is a pretty standard Moonlight 3 attacks set and Wise Glasses allows you to OHKO Chien-pao with Vacuum Wave and Quagsire with Blood Moon.
- In order to account for not having a Ground immunity, Sandy Shocks is Air Balloon and allows you to get up Stealth Rock easily.
- Iron Treads is Iron Defense with Body Press to improve the team's matchup against Baxcalibur and the Speed EVs allow it to outpace it while outspeeding Pokemon like Chien-pao and Dragapult after a Rapid Spin.
- Clodsire, Great Tusk, and Mamoswine have fairly standard sets. Choice Band Mamoswine is really good against the top types, mainly Flying and opposing Ground teams.

[Water] Rain ft. Ludicolo without Urshifu-R
:sv/ludicolo: :sv/pelipper: :sv/manaphy: :sv/quaquaval: :sv/quagsire: :sv/empoleon:
Pelipper (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn

Ludicolo (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rest

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Quaquaval (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Rapid Spin

Empoleon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Roost
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
With rain Water being traditionally strapped for teamslots, the tricky part about building with Ludicolo is that there's even less room and you have to use even more role compression. A lot of the struggle with this team was figuring out how to fit more than one role in one teamslot, which is seen in the Quaquaval, Empoleon, Manaphy, and Quagsire sets. Pelipper is the face of rain Water, so I added that first alongside Ludicolo. For a while I was considering Politoed because of the role compression of rain setter and specially defensive wall in one slot, but I ended up binning it due to the later edition of Empoleon. Earlier versions of the team had Pokemon like Toxapex, Hisuian Samurott, Walking Wake, Greninja, and Barraskewda incorporated, but they all got scratched for the final version which ultimately offers more role compression. I personally do not like Water without Quaquaval as hazard stacking can be the death of your team, so I added it onto the team with an offensive set compared to the typical defensive sets for extra offensive pressure against types like Dark and Steel. I removed Toxapex for Empoleon because Empoleon provides a lot more role compression than it, being a specially defensive wall that can check a lot of of prominent threats through its typing and has recovery. Alongside Quagsire, it provides the team with a solid defensive backbone to support Ludicolo and Manaphy. Manaphy is a really good Pokemon and breaks every fat team ever in contrast to Ludicolo taking out faster teams and has good longevity with Rest combined with Hydration. This team is played really aggressively.
- Ludicolo has Leaf Storm since it has a good chance of OHKOing Wellspring Ogerpon and Walking Wake, the latter with chip. Surf can be used somewhere on it as a more consistent Water STAB that doesn't get PP stalled as easily, but it is hard to fit.
- Pelipper is defensive because it's the team's main Fighting resist and Grass neutrality while being decently bulky.
- Manaphy is Tail Glow with Psychic to easily break apart Water, Ground and Poison as a result of using Toxapex and Clodsire as complete setup fodder. Rest is used so it doesn't get worn down in longer games.
- Quagsire is a Spikes setter and is good at chipping down types like Ground and opposing Water teams with it.
- Empoleon has Flash Cannon to have a better matchup against Fairy-type Pokemon, while Roar is great for phasing out sweepers like Frosmoth, Hydreigon, and Volcarona.

silver grace insertkoin feel free to dm me or another teambuilder for any questions on the team! I couldn't get any replays of these two teams because I didn't have time to play Pokemon these past few days but I hope you enjoy them :toast:

Thank you very much!

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Can i have a Mono fire based around hisuian arcanine
Thanks
Someone else has already requested and gotten a Hisuian Arcanine Fire team which was posted here, but I have another team I've been liking recently that's centered around it so I'm going to post that. Feel free to use it!

[Fire] Offense ft. Hisuian Arcanine
:sv/arcanine-hisui: :sv/ninetales: :sv/ogerpon-hearthflame: :sv/ceruledge: :sv/cinderace: :sv/volcanion:
Arcanine-Hisui (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock / Wild Charge / Outrage
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Ninetales (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Overheat
- Healing Wish
- Solar Beam

Ceruledge (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Shadow Sneak
- Bitter Blade
- Swords Dance

Ogerpon-Hearthflame (F) @ Hearthflame Mask
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Ivy Cudgel
- Play Rough

Cinderace (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pyro Ball
- Court Change
- High Jump Kick

Volcanion @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
I tried to make this team around offense with sun since Hisuian Arcanine basically implies some sort of fast paced team due to its main role as a wallbreaker. Stealth Rock is on a Choice Band set for role compression, but I find that you're usually not clicking it that much. You can use Wild Charge or Outrage over it, as the former hits Water-type Pokemon like Quaquaval for good damage while the latter is pretty spammable against Dragon, mainly against Garchomp. Ninetales is role compression, having Healing Wish for Ogerpon and Ceruledge, Encore to cancel out Pokemon like Dragon Dance Dragonite and Baxcalibur and 2 strong moves in Overheat and Solarbeam makes it an amazing sun setter for Fire teams. I put it here since I found that Torkoal was a huge momentum drain and Healing Wish has really good synergy with Hearthflame Mask Ogerpon. The rest of the team is pretty standard, I put Ceruledge since it's excellent on offense with the sheer power Poltergeist provides and Volcanion is the Ground and Water immunity with Taunt to deny Stealth Rock. Cinderace can manipulate hazards using Court Change while being dangerous offensively. Overall, this team is pretty fast paced and you really need to keep in mind hazards when using it.
- Ceruledge is pretty much a trading machine and can easily force a kill with Focus Sash.
- Volcanion's speed EVs outpace common Gliscor spreads of 60 EVs in Speed.
- Hearthflame Mask Ogerpon has Play Rough for Dragon-type Pokemon, mainly Hydreigon, Dragonite, and Dragapult. It's important to note that Mold Breaker means you can avoid Dragonite's Multiscale so that Play Rough OHKOs after Swords Dance.
- Since there's no Defog user on this team, remember you need to keep a close eye on Court Change. Try to beat the Stealth Rock user with Volcanion and then use Court Change to deter hazards forever.

Hope you enjoy the team!

Last edited:
op stolen from Danny
approved by Monotype Forum Mods
beautiful art by IMakeNoSense

Monotype Teambuilding Workshop

- Have a one paragraph description with the core / Pokemon you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be.
- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon (a.k.a. not on the Monotype Viability Rankings). This is not a competition to see how good we are at teambuilding; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams.
- Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.
- Each user is allowed one request per week and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted
- Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.
- On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
- Please refrain from posting teams unless you are an "employee," but if you feel that you would be a valuable asset to the construction of a certain team, PM me.
- Do note that requests for teams built around mons that are below C rank (and unranked) are not allowed as they are generally less viable mons in the tier (C rank is still allowed)

1. Be knowledgeable regarding the Monotype tier and the current metagame
2. Provide evidence demonstrating your skills as a builder (RMT Team Showcase, examples of successful teams, etc.)
3. ~A paragraph in length describing how you build / what playstyle you are best at building (offense, stall, or balance, to be precise)
You must clearly demonstrate to the hosts that you deserve consideration as a builder. If you do not provide enough useful information to successfully enable us to judge your suitability for the position, your application will be declined.

Note: If you wish to become a member of the Workshop staff, please send the hosts a forum (or discord @ royal264) PM containing an application that follows the format below. Bear in mind that demand for builders will fluctuate based on the volume of requests and the activity level of the Workshop's current staff.

You're also welcome to include exact sets that you would want.

Announcements:
  • The Lab does not accept requests including Pokemon undergoing suspect testing.
  • ACCEPTING BUILDER APPLICATIONS!!!

I want to do a Poison Mono team. Given that the Loyal Three are all Poison, I think I can make it work. Also, maybe a Fighting, Psychic, or Fairy Mono team so each of them could shine on their own

Someone else has already requested and gotten a Hisuian Arcanine Fire team which was posted here, but I have another team I've been liking recently that's centered around it so I'm going to post that. Feel free to use it!

[Fire] Offense ft. Hisuian Arcanine
:sv/arcanine-hisui: :sv/ninetales: :sv/ogerpon-hearthflame: :sv/ceruledge: :sv/cinderace: :sv/volcanion:
Arcanine-Hisui (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock / Wild Charge / Outrage
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Ninetales (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Overheat
- Healing Wish
- Solar Beam

Ceruledge (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Shadow Sneak
- Bitter Blade
- Swords Dance

Ogerpon-Hearthflame (F) @ Hearthflame Mask
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Ivy Cudgel
- Play Rough

Cinderace (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pyro Ball
- Court Change
- High Jump Kick

Volcanion @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
I tried to make this team around offense with sun since Hisuian Arcanine basically implies some sort of fast paced team due to its main role as a wallbreaker. Stealth Rock is on a Choice Band set for role compression, but I find that you're usually not clicking it that much. You can use Wild Charge or Outrage over it, as the former hits Water-type Pokemon like Quaquaval for good damage while the latter is pretty spammable against Dragon, mainly against Garchomp. Ninetales is role compression, having Healing Wish for Ogerpon and Ceruledge, Encore to cancel out Pokemon like Dragon Dance Dragonite and Baxcalibur and 2 strong moves in Overheat and Solarbeam makes it an amazing sun setter for Fire teams. I put it here since I found that Torkoal was a huge momentum drain and Healing Wish has really good synergy with Hearthflame Mask Ogerpon. The rest of the team is pretty standard, I put Ceruledge since it's excellent on offense with the sheer power Poltergeist provides and Volcanion is the Ground and Water immunity with Taunt to deny Stealth Rock. Cinderace can manipulate hazards using Court Change while being dangerous offensively. Overall, this team is pretty fast paced and you really need to keep in mind hazards when using it.
- Ceruledge is pretty much a trading machine and can easily force a kill with Focus Sash.
- Volcanion's speed EVs outpace common Gliscor spreads of 60 EVs in Speed.
- Hearthflame Mask Ogerpon has Play Rough for Dragon-type Pokemon, mainly Hydreigon, Dragonite, and Dragapult. It's important to note that Mold Breaker means you can avoid Dragonite's Multiscale so that Play Rough OHKOs after Swords Dance.
- Since there's no Defog user on this team, remember you need to keep a close eye on Court Change. Try to beat the Stealth Rock user with Volcanion and then use Court Change to deter hazards forever.

Hope you enjoy the team!
Thanks

RoyalReloaded

!
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
I’d love a flying team based around articuno as a sp.def wall along with some ways to check around dark as a whole (chien pao), rock, and electric!
Happy to share this one - https://pokepast.es/5d333b7549c1b0ed

Articuno is your pokemon of choice, its your spdef wall. Diego suggested having 96 speed to outspeed 252+ Crawdaunt. U-turn can be used over Haze if you prefer to have a pivot option as opposed to a way to stop set up sweepers.
Moltres is the goat. Able to survive 2 unboosted Icicle Crashes and OHKO with Flamethrower. As well as being a great physically defensive Pokemon as well as its very presence makes the opponent weary of clicking contact moves.
Enamorus is your dark type answer. Teams without Sableye fold to spamming Superpower. Of course, teams with Sableye fold to Moonblast, but the switchins for that are better than the switchins for Superpower.
Gliscor is broken. It's your electric switchin, hazard setter, and just generally your annoying Pokemon that is impossible to get rid of.
Dragonite is your most threatening Physically offensive Pokemon. It can completely pick apart teams after a few Dragon Dances, and is great to clean up at the end of games.
Finally, no flying team is complete without Corviknight. Your form of hazard removal, as well as another defensive Pokemon that is able to apply some Pressure (haha) via Iron Head and Body Press.

As always, please feel free to make any adjustments you see fit, and I hope you have fun with the team!

Requesting a hyper-offense ghost team. Members are not super important but I've been having trouble with hazards and some walls. I really like ceruledge scarf and am not particularly into mimikyu orb.
I'll also probably definitely try to fit an oricorio-sensu if I start winning too much with the team, so that might not be good to deliver on that request

Also requesting a really defensive water team with someone from the slowpoke line if double dipping is ok!
Happy to share this one as well - https://pokepast.es/a7e108e3d24a2b30

Froslass is your lead 9/10 times. Able to deny other teams from setting hazards via taunt and table to trade KOs with Destiny Bond.
Spectrier is a beast, able to snowball teams thanks to Grim Neigh, it can become incredibly threatening incredibly quickly.
Dragapult is able to outspeed most scarfers at +1, a good option to deal with Pokemon like Meowscarada as there are no Knock Off switchins on this team.
Flutter Mane is a great Pokemon with loads of coverage. Diego suggested Power Gem, but I think that all of the moves are very valuable. If I were to replace a move with Power Gem, I would pick Shadow Ball.
Ceruledge is great with its Swords Dance + Weak Armor combination. Diego suggested Close Combat > Shadow Sneak, so we went with that.
Lastly is Gholdengo, a bit of speed control as well as the ability to completely own Defensive Pokemon via trick.

Oricorio is...... not great, sorry. Your double dip will be handled eventually, but we want to make sure that people who are on their first request get theirs first. Thank you for understanding, and I hope you enjoy the Ghost team!

RoyalReloaded

!
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
ok - now its time for some housekeeping.

Requesting a full stall water team with Unaware :dondozo: and :Quagsire:

we are working on this, it will be done asap. I feel really bad that its been several days and it still hasn't been done, but someone in particular wanted to tackle this one but is busy for a few days.

DLC 2 team for Fire with Incineroar

unfortunately we can't theory-craft teams, if you come back to us when dlc 2 is officially out we will be happy to help you

hi, I would like to request a rock team built around ogerpon-cornerstone. I want it to be able to beat flying and ice somewhat consistently, also it'd be nice to have decent odds vs dark and fairy :blobthumbsup:
Can I get a Bug team based around Vikavolt? It can be HDB or Specs, any set that y'all deem as fine.

grouping these together, really sorry they haven't been done yet but will do my best to make sure they get finished asap.

I want to do a Poison Mono team. Given that the Loyal Three are all Poison, I think I can make it work. Also, maybe a Fighting, Psychic, or Fairy Mono team so each of them could shine on their own
would you mind clarifying a bit? Do you want a poison team with all 3? There's already an okidogi fighting team earlier in the thread, but we can do a psychic / fairy if you'd like that. Let me know which you want as highest priority, and the other 2 will have to wait a bit.

Can I get a psychic team with Hoopa I don't care to much about how the rest of the team looks
regular hoopa is... not good. It's unranked on the Viability Rankings, so unfortunately we can't take this request. However, there is a Hoopa-Unbound psychic team posted earlier on the thread, if that's the Hoopa form you were talking about.

Can i have a Poison team
On this thread, you are supposed to request a certain Pokemon / set for us to build around. If you don't have any in particular, and just want a poison team, make sure you try out this sample team created by mushamu.

Alrighty. This is azick's fault, he told me to come here to request a team based on Enamorus-Therian. I wanna see the turtle do some magic on a flying team. Thanks in advance!
sadly Enamorus-Therian is D rank on the Viability Rankings, so we cannot accept this request. I'm sorry.

Hello I was sent here by Monotype chat when I was asking about team Optimization.
https://pokepast.es/d1db71103852950e
Here is the team.
Please try em out and let me know your thoughts.
Hi, you might have better luck going to the smogon discord or the Rate my Team part of the website. This is the place for people to request teams to be built as opposed to have teams rated. The monotype room also would be a good spot to get some feedback.

---

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has shown interest in the thread. Thanks to all the builders who make this possible, and of course thanks to the people who are requesting teams as well. It's great to see people getting involved in monotype. Builder applications are still open, feel free to send them to me via smogon pm or discord dm. Happy monotyping!

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Requesting a full stall water team with Unaware :dondozo: and :Quagsire:
I ended up doing this so here it is:

[Water] Double Unaware Stall
:sv/quagsire: :sv/manaphy: :sv/empoleon: :sv/toxapex: :sv/swanna:
Dondozo (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Curse
- Sleep Talk / Body Press

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Take Heart / Tail Glow
- Scald
- Stored Power / Psychic
- Rest

Toxapex (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Poison
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Toxic

Empoleon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Roar
- Flash Cannon
- Knock Off
- Roost

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Spikes

Swanna (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Roost
We had a bit of trouble figuring out a team for this core because Quagsire is a bit hard to fit on traditional stall because of Gastrodon's superior role as a specially defensive wall when paired with Dondozo. This team makes it work by making Quagsire specially defensive in order to beat Pokemon like Landorus and Gholdengo better, both of them being very dangerous threads towards stall teams. The main niche Quagsire has over specially defensive Gastrodon is that it can avoid Gholdengo's boosts when it clicks Nasty Plot and therefore walls it completely unless it is Choice Specs. Because hazard stacking is an huge way to apply pressure, having Toxic alongside Spikes means it can pretty much beat every Rapid Spin user in the tier. Manaphy is a unique addition to a stall team but its main role is to prevent the team from being too passive in such an offensive metagame. Scald burns are nasty to deal with coming from a bulkier team as well and means a lot of would-be answers are neutered. It serves a similar role to Weavile in SM's OU stalls, Suicune in SM Monotype's stalls, and CM Unaware Clefable in SS OU's stalls where it prevents you from losing to specific threats while being an excellent wincon. Toxapex with 3 Poison moves is a good addition to this team, where Regenerator is super useful for cycling out on things and Toxic Spikes applies pressure to Ghost, Ice, Fairy, Psychic, and Dragon which would otherwise be problematic to this team. Lastly, I chose specially defensive Swanna to round the team out as it provides good removal in Defog while threatening Gliscor and Landorus with Ice Beam, the latter of which it switches into.

Even though this team doesn't seem like a traditional stall team, I think as far as stall teams go it should preform in a more offensive metagame nicely. Personally when looking at stall in this stage of SV Monotype, a huge issue it has is being too passive. Landorus, Flutter Mane, Great Tusk, Okidogi, Hearthflame and Wellspring Mask Ogerpon, Gliscor, Gholdengo, and Bloodmoon Ursaluna.. the list goes on and on in terms of the problems you have to deal with by running a team that is nearly almost all bulky Pokemon. Dondozo, while being a great Pokemon, doesn't help this as it does lose to and get walled by a lot of Pokemon in the tier, meaning it's good to have another wincon somewhere- which is where Manaphy comes in as a way to make great progress in nearly any matchup. This team basically revolves around hazard stacking and Manaphy to make progress while you basically have 5 defensive Pokemon to support it nicely. The defensive Pokemon should last the team a long time, or at least enough to the point where Manaphy should be able to set up and win. For example, this is seen in Empoleon's set, where it's basically completely focused on staying healthy over the match instead of setting Stealth Rock. The main problem for this team is mainly Thundurus-T right now, but it's not as common as it once was.
- Dondozo can use Body Press over Sleep Talk for a direct way to beat Kingambit, Hydreigon, and Chien-pao as well as a way to hit Wellspring Mask Ogerpon if it comes down to it. A lot of Dark teams drop Sableye nowadays, so Body Press Dondozo can be quite threatening.
- Manaphy can pick between Tail Glow and Take Heart as well as Psychic and Stored Power. Tail Glow with Psychic is a good way to directly beat Poison as it forces Alolan Muk to come in almost immediately which you can use to fish for a burn. Take Heart with Psychic or Stored Power does similar things with less direct damage but means Manaphy doesn't have to use Rest as much to alleviate status. Psychic is good for beating Okidogi on the switch in which Stored Power can't do. Manaphy's speed outpaces Baxcalibur and Great Tusk but it can be adjusted accordingly.
- Knock Off with Ice Beam on Swanna is really annoying for Flying teams to deal with, and its Speed allows you to outspeed Breloom.

Hope you enjoy the team and feel free to DM me if you have any questions! I can also make something more "standard" if you'd like- just let me know.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I ended up doing this so here it is:

[Water] Double Unaware Stall
:sv/quagsire: :sv/manaphy: :sv/empoleon: :sv/toxapex: :sv/swanna:
Dondozo (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Curse
- Sleep Talk / Body Press

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Take Heart / Tail Glow
- Scald
- Stored Power / Psychic
- Rest

Toxapex (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Poison
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Toxic

Empoleon (F) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Roar
- Flash Cannon
- Knock Off
- Roost

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Spikes

Swanna (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Roost
We had a bit of trouble figuring out a team for this core because Quagsire is a bit hard to fit on traditional stall because of Gastrodon's superior role as a specially defensive wall when paired with Dondozo. This team makes it work by making Quagsire specially defensive in order to beat Pokemon like Landorus and Gholdengo better, both of them being very dangerous threads towards stall teams. The main niche Quagsire has over specially defensive Gastrodon is that it can avoid Gholdengo's boosts when it clicks Nasty Plot and therefore walls it completely unless it is Choice Specs. Because hazard stacking is an huge way to apply pressure, having Toxic alongside Spikes means it can pretty much beat every Rapid Spin user in the tier. Manaphy is a unique addition to a stall team but its main role is to prevent the team from being too passive in such an offensive metagame. Scald burns are nasty to deal with coming from a bulkier team as well and means a lot of would-be answers are neutered. It serves a similar role to Weavile in SM's OU stalls, Suicune in SM Monotype's stalls, and CM Unaware Clefable in SS OU's stalls where it prevents you from losing to specific threats while being an excellent wincon. Toxapex with 3 Poison moves is a good addition to this team, where Regenerator is super useful for cycling out on things and Toxic Spikes applies pressure to Ghost, Ice, Fairy, Psychic, and Dragon which would otherwise be problematic to this team. Lastly, I chose specially defensive Swanna to round the team out as it provides good removal in Defog while threatening Gliscor and Landorus with Ice Beam, the latter of which it switches into.

Even though this team doesn't seem like a traditional stall team, I think as far as stall teams go it should preform in a more offensive metagame nicely. Personally when looking at stall in this stage of SV Monotype, a huge issue it has is being too passive. Landorus, Flutter Mane, Great Tusk, Okidogi, Hearthflame and Wellspring Mask Ogerpon, Gliscor, Gholdengo, and Bloodmoon Ursaluna.. the list goes on and on in terms of the problems you have to deal with by running a team that is nearly almost all bulky Pokemon. Dondozo, while being a great Pokemon, doesn't help this as it does lose to and get walled by a lot of Pokemon in the tier, meaning it's good to have another wincon somewhere- which is where Manaphy comes in as a way to make great progress in nearly any matchup. This team basically revolves around hazard stacking and Manaphy to make progress while you basically have 5 defensive Pokemon to support it nicely. The defensive Pokemon should last the team a long time, or at least enough to the point where Manaphy should be able to set up and win. For example, this is seen in Empoleon's set, where it's basically completely focused on staying healthy over the match instead of setting Stealth Rock. The main problem for this team is mainly Thundurus-T right now, but it's not as common as it once was.
- Dondozo can use Body Press over Sleep Talk for a direct way to beat Kingambit, Hydreigon, and Chien-pao as well as a way to hit Wellspring Mask Ogerpon if it comes down to it. A lot of Dark teams drop Sableye nowadays, so Body Press Dondozo can be quite threatening.
- Manaphy can pick between Tail Glow and Take Heart as well as Psychic and Stored Power. Tail Glow with Psychic is a good way to directly beat Poison as it forces Alolan Muk to come in almost immediately which you can use to fish for a burn. Take Heart with Psychic or Stored Power does similar things with less direct damage but means Manaphy doesn't have to use Rest as much to alleviate status. Psychic is good for beating Okidogi on the switch in which Stored Power can't do. Manaphy's speed outpaces Baxcalibur and Great Tusk but it can be adjusted accordingly.
- Knock Off with Ice Beam on Swanna is really annoying for Flying teams to deal with, and its Speed allows you to outspeed Breloom.

Hope you enjoy the team and feel free to DM me if you have any questions! I can also make something more "standard" if you'd like- just let me know.
looks really solid. thank you! i will try to WQ it up some to make it more annoying for foes to play against.

Hey folks, how's it going? I'm new to competitive play and having a blast! Sorry if this message seems a bit odd, I'm Brazilian and using ChatGPT for translation.

I'm really looking for a viable insect team to climb the ladder, something that's genuinely good. I keep losing a lot with whatever I try, and I can't seem to make progress. Can anyone help me out?

Can I get a more defensive or just "tricky" Ghost team? Doesn't have to be full stall, just not full HO. I'd like :zoroark-hisui: and a Pain Split user if possible.
If that isn't viable for whatever reason, similar question but for Dark and :sableye:.

Hi there! Would really like a flying team that doesn't use enamorus, landorus, or any of that trio and such. Preferably have Iron Jugulis or Kilowattrel or even Noivern might be cool. TLDR: Flying Team that can be fully shiny and hunted on Scarlet/Violet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)