Project Monotype Teambuilding Workshop

RoyalReloaded

!
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
Can I get a Bug team based around Vikavolt? It can be HDB or Specs, any set that y'all deem as fine.
hi, sorry this took so long but im happy to share it with you - https://pokepast.es/0a549d696b054175

:volcarona: is the goat. opted for a more defensive spread here as Morning Sun allows you to have a good recovery option and the uninvested stats (that matter) can be boosted with Quiver Dance.

:kleavor: is a good scarf option that outspeeds most fire types and sets rocks with Stone Axe. Not an auto-win button vs fire but it's by far the best option available.

:scizor: really strong option against fairy and ice teams. The priority with bullet punch makes it so that you dont have to worry about outspeeding fast threats like Baxcalibur and Chien-Pao.

:slither-wing: is a good pivot option and another good priority option. boots and morning sun allow for longevity. there are some other good move options if you think those are better.

:vikavolt: is your pokemon of choice. a good slow pivot option, as well as having good grass coverage to beat water and ground types. Sticky Web is also a good tool to make sure your other strong pokemon can guaranteed outspeed some other threats.

:forretress: is last. boots allow for it to come in and remove hazards that would otherwise plague your team (if boots are removed via knock off). Spikes helps make progress against bulkier teams, and gyro ball / body press makes it so that Forretress isn't completely passive.

here's a replay with the team, hope you enjoy - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1969984956-n88xjl0e3djblx5nz7lvzivkrx5pcfzpw

bugbugbug you might enjoy this team as well!

Hi ! Can I have a Mono-Grass Bulky Offense based on Ogerpon-C ? I feel like Ogerpon-C is an incredible Pokémon in Grass, cuz it can threaten Ice, Fire, Bug, Poison and Flying with its sweeper set, and all of these types are difficult mus for grass.
My idea for the ogerpon set :
Ogerpon-Cornerstone (F) @ Cornerstone Mask
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Trailblaze
- Superpower

Superpower can be replaced with another attack if u want.

Thank you !

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
Requesting a ground team with :torterra: thanks in advance!
:sv/torterra:
Torterra @ Soft Sand
Ability: Shell Armor
Tera Type: Grass
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Seed Bomb
- Headlong Rush
- Heavy Slam

style.css

is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
hi, I would like to request a rock team built around ogerpon-cornerstone. I want it to be able to beat flying and ice somewhat consistently, also it'd be nice to have decent odds vs dark and fairy :blobthumbsup:
Let me preface this by saying I spent a long time trying to build a "standard" Rock team that could function in this meta and couldn't find anything that works until I took a different approach to the building. On paper this team looks stupid, but it has put up the best results of everything I've tested. Keep in mind it's still Rock and has a ton of shitty MUs, but for the ones you requested (and a few more) it should line up quite well.

:Ogerpon-Cornerstone::Arcanine-Hisui::Kleavor::Tyranitar::Glimmora::Lycanroc:

Of course starting of with Ogerpon, the standard Swords Dance set is just the best right now. Play Rough is used as the last coverage which helps vs Dark, Dragon and Fighting.

Arcanine-Hisui puts out insane damage and has pretty good coverage. I prefer Choice Scarf because overall Rock is relatively slow and I found it difficult to position a Choice Band set well enough to be useful.

Scarf Kleavor is another standard set with Aerial Ace to cover Fighting and Grass types. You can change that coverage to X-Scissor or anything else if you prefer though. I'm sure you know but Stone Axe is how this team puts how hazards as no one else on the team has them.

Here is where things start to get a little interesting. Tyranitar is in a weird place right now but most certainly should be on every Rock team. I messed with Choice Band, utility sets, Assault Vest and more and ultimately decided that in addition to being a surprise factor by being a special attacker with Choice Specs, the coverage Tyranitar has access to is invaluable.

The oddity of the team continues with Glimmora, also Choice Scarf. The moveset is standard for a Scarf set but as you're realizing now, this marks the 4th Choice user and 3rd Scarf.

To round out the team with a bit more stopping power is Lycanroc. Again, a standard set. Choice Band is great combined with Sand Rush to pack big hits and outpace the majority of the meta.

Technically all the sets, except Tyranitar, are standard but all together Ogerpon and 5 Choice sets seems idiotic. Conceptually the thought process was that Rock is a garbage type. It can't handle most types out there so lets take a HO approach and just try to kill them before they can kill me and to my surprise it's worked. I'd love to see some replays and get your thoughts on the team after you've had a chance to try it out.

Good luck!

hi, can i request a bulky offense psychic team around dd mew? tbh i tried but i’m struggling with the direction (idk to use screens or terrain or w/e), but i only constant i find using is hatterene (usually cm + 3 attacks) lol. any help would be appreciated, thanks!

RoyalReloaded

!
MPL Champion
Can I get a mono electric team around electrode h
Hi ! Can I have a Mono-Grass Bulky Offense based on Ogerpon-C ? I feel like Ogerpon-C is an incredible Pokémon in Grass, cuz it can threaten Ice, Fire, Bug, Poison and Flying with its sweeper set, and all of these types are difficult mus for grass.
My idea for the ogerpon set :
Ogerpon-Cornerstone (F) @ Cornerstone Mask
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Trailblaze
- Superpower

Superpower can be replaced with another attack if u want.

Thank you !

Hi, the new VR just dropped - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-viability-rankings-october-2023.3729937/

unfortunately, we are unable to fulfill these requests as all of the Pokemon requested are D rank on the new VR. The original post has been updated with the new link.

Please feel free to request new teams with higher ranked Pokemon and we will be happy to do it, thanks!

Ethereal Sword

Fezandipiti
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello! I wanted to make a request for a bulky offense Poison team. Though Poison is traditionally associated with defensive teams, there are quite a few offensively-oriented mons that are decently ranked on Poison (Sneasler is A, Okidogi and Iron Moth are B, Gengar is C, and there are other notable mons as well). The team doesn't have to use all of these but I wanted to see what your take on a more offensive Poison team would be. (Ideally, if possible, the team would be able to beat Urshifu and Bax.)

Thanks!

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Can I have a dragon team built around specs ww?
Meowdy, sorry for the delay, here are the goods. I was supposed to use them for a certain tour thats why I didnt immediately post. Didnt get to use it on that specific tour tho :(
:walking-wake: :roaring-moon: :dragapult: :dragalge: :baxcalibur: :kommo-o:

This team is built around a pivot core of Walking-Wake, Roaring Moon, and Dragalge to wear down opposing defensive cores for Dragapult, Baxcalibur, or even Kommo-o to break through.

:walking-wake: The star of the show and he is pretty great a wallbreaker, not much can swap into it without being chunked, and even those that do, like Slowking or Blissey, you can pivot out of for U-turn. Scald can be Hydro Pump if you want, but confirming burns enables Dragapult quite well.

:roaring-moon: As Walking Wake is running Choice Specs, Roaring Moon becomes our scarfer, luring in walls like Toxapex, Great Tusk, and Corviknight so that Walking Wake gets chances to get against these things safely so that it can go brr. Knock Off OHKO'es Flutter Mane, Iron Head lets you pick off (NOT OHKO) Iron Valiant

:dragapult: Hex Pult helps us against Fighting, Water, and is just generally annoying. The given EV Spread lets you OHKO Statused Flutter Mane, and maximum speed is used because opposing Pult is scary, so might as well gamble for the speed tie. You can use Spell Tag (swapping Sub for Thunder Wave), as this confirms the OHKO on Iron Valiant too, but its less useful vs bulky teams if it doesnt have recovery.

:dragalge: Dragalge is better than Hisuian Goodra for this team as it pivots and absorbs Toxic Spikes. The second part is quite important as if you're not running Cyclizar, if Tspikes are up its very likely you'd lose. Conviniently, Dragalge isnt 2HKO'ed by Scarf Meowscarada's Play Rough, and barely lives two Choice Specs Moonblasts from Flutter Mane.

:baxcalibur: Is running a Dragon Dance set to offset this team's relatively low speed. Pretty standard set.

:kommo-o: Is the designated entry hazard setter. Vacuum Wave is mandatory to always be able to threaten Chien-Pao, Clanging Scales threatens Sableye, which can come in to make your life miserable. Clangorous Soul can be any move really, Flamethrower to make Corviknight not come in to you (and you also deal a bit to Gholdengo, nice because you have Bulletproof anyway) or Taunt to try to stallbreak stuff. The given EV spread lets you outspeed Dragapult at +1, not dying to Scarf Dragapult's Dragon Darts, and having a very good chance of not dying against +2 Ice Shard from Chien-Pao (+2 252 Atk Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Ice Shard vs. 24 HP / 68 Def Kommo-o: 258-306 (86.8 - 103%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO)

Here are some replays where me and ikiarihS tested it (The last one wasnt really me, but still). Also thankie to ArkenCiel for some help too. I hope you enjoy the team. :blobnom:

Last edited:
Meowdy, sorry for the delay, here are the goods. I was supposed to use them for a certain tour thats why I didnt immediately post. Didnt get to use it on that specific tour tho :(
:walking-wake: :roaring-moon: :dragapult: :dragalge: :baxcalibur: :kommo-o:

This team is built around a pivot core of Walking-Wake, Roaring Moon, and Dragalge to wear down opposing defensive cores for Dragapult, Baxcalibur, or even Kommo-o to break through.

:walking-wake: The star of the show and he is pretty great a wallbreaker, not much can swap into it without being chunked, and even those that do, like Slowking or Blissey, you can pivot out of for U-turn. Scald can be Hydro Pump if you want, but confirming burns enables Dragapult quite well.

:roaring-moon: As Walking Wake is running Choice Specs, Roaring Moon becomes our scarfer, luring in walls like Toxapex, Great Tusk, and Corviknight so that Walking Wake gets chances to get against these things safely so that it can go brr. Knock Off OHKO'es Flutter Mane, Iron Head lets you pick off (NOT OHKO) Iron Valiant

:dragapult: Hex Pult helps us against Fighting, Water, and is just generally annoying. The given EV Spread lets you OHKO Statused Flutter Mane, and maximum speed is used because opposing Pult is scary, so might as well gamble for the speed tie. You can use Spell Tag (swapping Sub for Thunder Wave), as this confirms the OHKO on Iron Valiant too, but its less useful vs bulky teams if it doesnt have recovery.

:dragalge: Dragalge is better than Hisuian Goodra for this team as it pivots and absorbs Toxic Spikes. The second part is quite important as if you're not running Cyclizar, if Tspikes are up its very likely you'd lose. Conviniently, Dragalge isnt 2HKO'ed by Scarf Meowscarada's Play Rough, and barely lives two Choice Specs Moonblasts from Flutter Mane.

:baxcalibur: Is running a Dragon Dance set to offset this team's relatively low speed. Pretty standard set.

:kommo-o: Is the designated entry hazard setter. Vacuum Wave is mandatory to always be able to threaten Chien-Pao, Clanging Scales threatens Sableye, which can come in to make your life miserable. Clangorous Soul can be any move really, Flamethrower to make Corviknight not come in to you (and you also deal a bit to Gholdengo, nice because you have Bulletproof anyway) or Taunt to try to stallbreak stuff. The given EV spread lets you outspeed Dragapult at +1, not dying to Scarf Dragapult's Dragon Darts, and having a very good chance of not dying against +2 Ice Shard from Chien-Pao (+2 252 Atk Sword of Ruin Chien-Pao Ice Shard vs. 24 HP / 68 Def Kommo-o: 258-306 (86.8 - 103%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO)

Here are some replays where me and ikiarihS tested it (The last one wasnt really me, but still). Also thankie to ArkenCiel for some help too. I hope you enjoy the team. :blobnom:
Love it Appreciate the hard work!

Requesting a steel team built around this Goodra set. With wish support there’s not really any wall that can check it. Steel types don’t want to come in on fire blast and in combination with acid spray Pokémon like toxapex die 100% to Draco, spdef clod takes about 65% and can’t recover it off cause unaware, and gastrodon takes like 85%. This set makes goodra like a pseudo wall breaker while being tanky. I think with wish support and maybe hazard stack, this set could go crazy.
Goodra-Hisui @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Acid Spray
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Can I get a more defensive or just "tricky" Ghost team? Doesn't have to be full stall, just not full HO. I'd like :zoroark-hisui: and a Pain Split user if possible.
If that isn't viable for whatever reason, similar question but for Dark and :sableye:.
Hi Keriel, I made a pretty consistent team to use on the ladder with your Ghost ideas. I hope you enjoy it!

[Ghost] Pain Split + Hisuian Zoroark
:sv/flutter mane: :sv/zoroark-hisui: :sv/brambleghast: :sv/gholdengo: :sv/ceruledge: :sv/dragapult:
Zoroark-Hisui (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Brambleghast (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Strength Sap

Gholdengo @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Make It Rain
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Ceruledge (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Fire
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Bitter Blade
- Shadow Sneak

Flutter Mane @ Metronome
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast

Dragapult (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
With the "tricky" idea in mind, the first things that I thought of were how Ghost teams commonly use a lot of status and that I could utilize Hisuian Zoroark's Illusion to spread it. The matchups I wanted to target were the top types, which included Dark and Flying; two prominent types at the moment. Outside of those two typically giving Ghost teams a hard time, Ghost should do fairly well against the rest of the metagame. Hisuian Zoroark is Substitute + Will-O-Wisp which should take advantage of Gliscor if you choose to disguise it as Brambleghast. For the Pain Split Pokemon, I chose Flutter Mane with Metronome to fill the role, as having it with Substitute + Pain Split lets you break down types like Water, Poison, and Flying pretty easily while providing the tricky element to it. I wanted to showcase Substitute because Urshifu is pretty prominent in the metagame right now and being able to beat it is huge for a matchup Ghost traditionally loses. A lot of the times against Flutter Mane people tend to sack Pokemon and that lets it get up Substitute pretty easily. Gholdengo is Colbur Berry with 3 attacks and Recover, I wanted my Steel type to have some sort of recovery to it because Hisuian Zoroark pairs well with Gholdengo against Flutter Mane when both its STABs are answered. Colbur Berry gives you a free kill in the Dark matchup because chances are people are going to try to revenge kill it with something like Choice Scarf Meowscarada or Sucker Punch Kingambit, and Make It Rain with Focus Blast beats a lot of Dark Pokemon outside of Ting-lu, Alolan Muk, and Mandibuzz. Ceruledge and Dragapult round the team out; Dragapult's set might seem a bit off at first but dual status allows it to click the move that makes the most sense in the moment- for example Thunder Wave is really good against Ogerpon-Hearthflame and Will-o-Wisp is good against Kingambit. Generally this team allows you to be more tricky because of the status spam and unconventional yet still effective sets in Flutter Mane and Gholdengo, and you can use Ceruledge as a wincon late-game especially against types like Dark and Steel.
- Can mix up sets to suit your preferences. Examples include Choice Scarf Gholdengo with another set on Dragapult, or Choice Scarf Hisuian Zoroark.
- The Speed EVs on Brambleghast creep Jolly Azumarill. Infiltrator is better over Wind Rider here because it allows you to beat Zamazenta under Substitute and Flutter Mane under screens.
- Jolly Ceruledge is good if you want to outspeed Meowscarada at +2.

Overall I had a lot of fun doing this request. Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Last edited:
I'm interested in a ghost mono team with gengar and/or mimikyu in it :0 preferably both if possible!
I'm not fussy on the direction the team takes!

edit: ive been messing around myself and i have a team im testing out
https://pokepast.es/9c902e52f937dc6c
*ok so this team doesnt quite work, but having screens on sableye with gholdengo and fluttermane feels like a good idea!
**heres my current brew im cooking
https://pokepast.es/ed59aee128d71d33
all the mons are pretty flexible if this looks like a bad idea!, I'm just trying stuff out to see what I can get to work with the extra bulk from screens

i like sableye, hes my lil guy, but hes just not cooking sadly :<
so ive changed my request to be a team with mimikyu and gengar on instead of sableye :0

Last edited:

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Could I potentially get a double Swift Swim Rain team? I'd assume Barraskewda + Basculegion-F is the best combination but I wouldn't oppose Basculegion-M or Floatzel either. I want the team to be brute offense without anything too defensive although a pex + gastro/quag core could work but specs peli.

This is what I have but hoping to get something potentially more optimized
https://pokepast.es/74f86b9c64da40cc

Last edited:

RoyalReloaded

!
MPL Champion
Can I get a dark team with Darkrai? The team can be either HO or BO/Balance
hey, happy to share a team that I feel pretty good about - https://pokepast.es/774cfd063f0e6e97

:chien-pao: dont need to explain much here. Went with the boots set because I tihnk Ting-Lu compliments this team structure really well
:darkrai: the Pokemon you requested, went with a Choice Scarf set here as we didn't have one elsewhere
:urshifu: went for a Band set here, I like the immediate damage it provides. Wouldn't hate changing it to SD + Black Glasses though, but thats up to you to decide
:ting-lu: I think Ting-Lu is a criminally underrated Pokemon, the hazard support helps the breakers a lot, and the special bulk is insane
:muk: another great special tank, does really well into the fairy matchup which the team would otherwise struggle with. poison touch + poison jab has a really high chance to poison, protect is good to stall out some turns, whether it be screens, more poison damage on the enemy, or recovering some hp
:sableye: last we have sableye, good physically defensive stallbreaker, as well as rapid spin blocker so that ting lu's hazards can stay up

here's a replay with the team, got a little lucky but you get the gist - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1979034150-j44bzv3uqsxpz695yjwr6v3ewco0nbapw

really glad I was able to find something that felt good, I hope you enjoy the team!

~~~

all other requests will be handled asap, we want to deliver the highest quality teams we can, thank you for your patience!

Hi id like a mono poison team using unburden sneasler as a sweeper. The sneasler set can be something like this? Thanks :>
903.png

Sneasler @ Air Balloon
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Close Combat
- Night Slash

I would really like a dark team built around SD taunt Lokix and Neko's funky Hoopa-U set. I've tried a couple teams but just haven't had any success.

I freaking LOVE Lokix's ability to completely control a game if given the right conditions. Lokix can completely handle dark if it gets in on Ting/Sableye and taunts them and gets an SD up. +2 adamant sucker punch OHKOs Pao, Gren, Meow and the likes. Also +2 sucker has a 94% chance to OHKO Darkrai. Overall love the set. Neko can speak better to the Hoopa set, but it can live a moonblast from FM (two if it's not specs/LO) and OHKO it with knock and can live a 5-fainted sucker punch from Gambit from full then has a chance to OHKO if Gambit is 252/252 on attack and speed.

https://pokepast.es/c992aa234eff5bb2 <- core

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
Monotype Cup Winner
Hello! Would I be able to request a mono Flying team built around Contrary Enamorus? I feel like it could form a solid core with Galarian Moltres, along with maybe some hazard support from either Gliscor or Therian Landorus.
Hi, apologies this is late. Here is the import: https://pokepast.es/ad01bf8c5436917f
before i start going over the team, i have a couple things to say. using scarf contrary enamorus is probably not what was meant when this request was made so i at least tried to include a moltres-galar, and unfortunately couldn't fit hazards cause sd gliscor is too good to give up in my opinion + hard to fit rocks elsewhere. fitting both a non scarf enamorus + goltres on the same team is a bit tedious since enamorus is essentially the best scarf/speed control on the type and not using a scarf on it + using goltres makes you start off with 2 "luxury" mons. for the sake of simplicity, a luxury mon is a pokemon that has a non-essential role for a team, and having too many of them would lead to too many unwanted/unnecessary holes on a team. for example, you can't really use a dark team with :chien-pao: :meowscarada: :greninja: :darkrai: :kingambit: :roaring-moon: since a lot of those mons do the same thing, there's a lot of flaws defensively, etc. basically, you can't just slap good mons on a team and expect it to work every time. making enamorus scarf allows you to start with a mon that has an essential role on the team since flying needs some form of speed control, no longer making it a luxury mon. anyway, to... somewhat make up for the fact that im boring and went for scarf enam, i tried to make the rest of the team somewhat unique so it isn't just another standard flying team with goltres so, yeah. hope you enjoy!

:enamorus: - best scarfer on the type. you're pretty much locked into using superpower / moonblast / healing wish for obvious reasons. the last move is largely up to preference but i just used earth power since ground is generally good coverage

:moltres-galar: - using goltres means you can't use regular moltres, and thus you are likely to be weak to zamazenta. to somewhat alleviate this issue, i opted for hurricane on this so you aren't completely useless vs fighting. nasty plot + agility makes for a pretty dangerous set up mon

:gliscor: - every flying team needs a gliscor or a lando, i went with gliscor cause its sd set is so good. can be really hard for poison/fairy/steel/flying to kill and just a good progress maker overall. facade can potentially be over knock off

:corviknight: - every flying team needs a corviknight since its the only steel on the type. for the sake of not being a standard flying team, i opted for a bulk up taunt corv which usually means max spdef, thus making you a somewhat respectable specs greninja switch in. this corv can be good vs ground/water/fairy/poison/fighting/potentially more i may be missing

:mandibuzz: - since corviknight lacks defog, i needed a mon that removes hazards. mandibuzz is a no brainer here, as it also fulfills a phys def role that corviknight lacks. helmet is used to punish all the physical attackers greatly, and you can afford to drop boots since you have toxic, allowing you to poison some of the rockers in the tier, thus making it a somewhat reliable hazard remover

:gyarados: - since you can't use moltres with goltres and the corv is spdef, i opted for a phys def gyarados as a chien pao check. twave is mainly what threatens chien pao, waterfall is just your most powerful move to hit things like volcarona/chien pao with, earthquake to hit kingambit/muk/volcanion decently enough, and roar is to force stuff like zamazenta out.

if you have questions, feel free to contact me via ps / discord (my username is attribute on both and you can find me in the mono room on ps / mono discord on discord)

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
:gyarados: - since you can't use moltres with goltres and the corv is spdef, i opted for a phys def gyarados as a chien pao check. twave is mainly what threatens chien pao, waterfall is just your most powerful move to hit things like volcarona/chien pao with, earthquake to hit kingambit/muk/volcanion decently enough, and roar is to force stuff like zamazenta out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)