Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock

I started doing this by compiling a list of all the things Heracross hates and would otherwise one shot him or stop his sweeps while taking into account what are the things Reuniclus brings to the table and how it can help the Beatles. There a lot of Genies in OU, none of which the Mega likes to meet so along with a strong stab Ice Shard (which also helps with DD dragons like Nite) and SR (Talonflame, sashes and MS), Mamoswine is a great answer to a lot of things while also being able to break through Gliscor. Defensive Rotom-W can handle what is left of the Smogon Bird, Mega TTar, Mega Pinsir and physical sweepers in general and can scare off Azumarill and similar threats. To keep SR on the field and further add pressure onto the opponent, I used Ogami's idea of an AV, Pursuit Bisharp to get rid of the Lati@s and Aegislash once and for all while also being able to take care of all out attackers such as Deoxys-S with sucker punch. The EVs are there to outspeed minimum, 4 EV base 80 mons. Band Gene does a lot of things, revenge kill, VoltTurn + SR, clean up late game and always threatening mons with Extreme Speed.

Reuniclus helps the team by making Stall teams suffer and being able to CM and power through them with relatively ease, while at the same time providing an answer to Conkeldurr and Mega Venusaur and being able to set up upon defensive pokemon in general and status absorber. An all out attacker, Mega Heracross has enough speed EVs to outspeed 252 spe Adamant Bisharp and similar pokemon and investing the rest into that fantastic 180 base atk and overall bulk.

Last edited:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock

I started doing this by compiling a list of all the things Heracross hates and would otherwise one shot him or stop his sweeps while taking into account what are the things Reuniclus brings to the table and how it can help the Beatles. There a lot of Genies in OU, none of which the Mega likes to meet so along with a strong stab Ice Shard (which also helps with DD dragons like Nite) and SR (Talonflame, sashes and MS), Mamoswine is a great answer to a lot of things while also being able to break through Gliscor. Defensive Rotom-W can handle what is left of the Smogon Bird, Mega TTar, Mega Pinsir and physical sweepers in general and can scare off Azumarill and similar threats. To keep SR on the field and further add pressure onto the opponent, I used Ogami's idea of an AV, Pursuit Bisharp to get rid of the Lati@s and Aegislash once and for all while also being able to take care of all out attackers such as Deoxys-S with sucker punch. The EVs are there to outspeed minimum, 4 EV base 80 mons. Scarf Gene does a lot of things, revenge kill, VoltTurn + SR, clean up late game and always threatning mons with Download.

Reuniclus helps the team by making Stall teams suffer and being able to CM and power through them with relatively ease, while at the same time providing an answer to Conkeldurr and Mega Venusaur and being able to set up upon defensive pokemon in general and status absorber. An all out attacker, Mega Heracross has enough speed EVs to outspeed 252 spe Adamant Bisharp and similar pokemon and investing the rest into that fantastic 180 base atk and overall bulk.
Hi, nice team, a goodvolturn core, 2 priority moves + 1 scarf to be able to revenge kill and fix the speed issue of the duo. The only thing it may threaten you is fast special sweeper which can force you to sacrify a pokemon in order to get the possibility of revenge killing. The lack of rapid spinner/defoger could be dangerous, by weakening your volt turn core and expose genesect to easier way of killing it ( prediction + priority moves ).

By the way, i saw some mistakes in Ev's spreading : first M-heracross need 216 Spe for outspeeding bisharp ( as you have to take in consideration the 75 base of the mega and forget the 85 base ). Then rotom-w need 44 spe in order to check a jolly azumarill. Finally i'm not sure investing in HP for bisharp is a better idea than investing in SDef, but, after doing some calc, it is quite similary.
I'm also wondering why the 252hp for Mamoswine instead of speed ? I hope you'll can convince me on that point.

Edit : This is an example of special sweepers i talked: Volcarona. After one dance it can outspeed genesect, take only 70% by sucker punch, and OHKO every thing:

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mamoswine: 340-402 (80.1 - 94.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 66-78 (21.1 - 25%)

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 164 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 360-426 (115.3 - 136.5%)
252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 199-235 (63.7 - 75.3%)

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 214-253 (70.3 - 83.2%)
4 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. +1 4 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 158-188 (50.6 - 60.2%)

Here you can see even with the smartest play, and all your mon with 100% HP, you will need to sacrify at least one pokemon to stop it.

Hey, Explorer, just wondering, why would you run Rest on Mega Heracross? I know you have cleric support, but it is a huge risk and if Umbreon can't get off the Heal Ball, then you're left with two turns of waste. It also wastes valuable Tailwind and TR Support. Also, on Mega Heracross, I'd consider running a spread of 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe, as you outspeed Genesect after Tailwind this way. I'd consider that spread, but you do lose a ton of bulk, so I understand that.

edited out mentions of genesect bans, sorry.
I was worried about Rest being unreliable if I don't have Sleep Talk too, but what would you recommend I put in that slot instead? Bullet Seed? Shadow Claw? Toxic?

I was worried about Rest being unreliable if I don't have Sleep Talk too, but what would you recommend I put in that slot instead? Bullet Seed? Shadow Claw? Toxic?
Earthquake, Sword dance, ...
By the way, arm thrust is not a viable move I think. It has a 15 base power and hit 5 times : 5*15=75; this means it's as powerful as ... a brick break. Close Combat should be putted instead.

Earthquake, Sword dance, ...
By the way, arm thrust is not a viable move I think. It has a 15 base power and hit 5 times : 5*15=75; this means it's as powerful as ... a brick break. Close Combat should be putted instead.
No, the power got increased.

CC is nice but lowering defenses makes this a more case by case basis.

No, the power got increased.

CC is nice but lowering defenses makes this a more case by case basis.
I checked, arm thrust is a 15 base power move,
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Arm Thrust (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 180-215 (52.7 - 63%)
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 177-208 (51.9 - 60.9%)
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 280-331 (82.1 - 97%)

I'm sure that illustrates and confirms what i was saying,

Moreover, even if lowering def is not realy good for heracross, being able to 2HKO skarmory with close combat should be taken in consideration.
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 160-189 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I too immediately thought Trick Room, as I'm sure many did, and so I ended up with this:

Flamenca (Aromatisse) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Trick Room

Ruff (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Beetle Borg (Heracross) @ Heracronite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Earthquake

Gong (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Monty (Eelektross) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off
- Discharge

Shnorlax (Snorlax) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 def
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Return
- Rock Slide

If there is one really awesome thing to building a trick room team, is that you can afford not to run speed ev's which is great... and risky.

The Reuniclus I'm most comfortable with using is the trick room set. I know, the strategy is not the most original, but, it makes best use of these slow mons, especially since trick room doesn't show up often.

The first thing that hit me when I was looking for trick room setters, was how many of them were weak to ghost types, which was frustrating, because, well, Aegislash. No team worth its salt in OU doesn't have an answer for Aegislash.

Anyway....

TRICK ROOM SETTERS:
-Reuniclus is on the team, and so, there was first setter. I chose to play it as a Life Orb and 3 attacks set.

- Aromatisse : with 101/89 special defense, and a good utility moveset as well as Aroma Veil (which shields pokemon from taunt, torment, and attract) Aromatisse is a special pivot who runs full utility. A wish passer, and cleric, Aromatisse keeps my pokemon's health up. Additionally, seeing as Aegislash rarely if ever runs Flash Cannon, Aromatisse can afford to set up trick room on ghost type pokemon, where Reuniclus and Bronzong would be in a troublesome situation. This pokemon also helps me shut down the annoying prankster users who would attempt to taunt me, making it a very dependable pokemon.

- Bronzong: Bronzong plays a defensive role rather than a special defensive role, as it's weakness (Fire, Dark, Ghost, Ground) are majority special, and I need bronzong alive to set up trick room and set up rocks as well as status. As a defensive mon, Bronzong can take steel type moves aimed at aromatisse, Flying type moves aimed at Heracross, and Fighting type hits aimed at Snorlax.

I went with Heatproof as the ability over levitate because spikes stacking is history, and mold breaker quakes from megados and excadrill shouldn't be something I forget to switch out of. Also, heatproof lets Bronzong be a better check to talonflame

252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatproof Bronzong: 140-168 (41.4 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

EVERYONE ELSE:
- Mega Heracross, I planned to give a substitute, as I really like submegacross but I felt it'd be a waste of turns,and instead, focused on making him as slow(fast?) as possible and giving him an all out attacker set. The offensive coverage I would need from other mons came from the shortcomings of his set.

- Eelektross, I decided to go mixed with, and even forgo bulk ev's mostly because it'd be a shame to not take advantage of his great mixed stats, especially since he no longer need run speed. He was really the coverage guy, filling in the gaps for the others.

- Snorlax was at first going to be a very bulked up assault vest tank, with me pumping him up with hp and defense ev's, but then, when I realized that mega heracross can't really switch in on Aegislash (shadow ball + sneak still does terrific damage) I decided to use Snorlax as tanky attacker, investing, instead, in def and attack. Defensive ev's let it survive physical hits better due to its very high HP stat

Also, with assault vest, and defensive ev's, Snorlax acts as a great counter to BOTH charizard mega forms (I ran the calcs) although he must be undertrick room, so he can get the drop on them.

Ice Beam is there specifically for gliscor and dragons that are 4X weak

I'm a little out of my element running a trick room team, but I still gave it a go. I like to think I am a decent team builder.

Thanks to ethan06 and u-Ralph for the critical changes I needed to make!

EDIT: Changed Bronzong's ability to Heatproof, Aromatisse's ability to Aroma Veil, Snorlax's Body Slam to Return (duh) and his ev's from 252 HP to 252 Def

Last edited:
I too immediately thought Trick Room, as I'm sure many did, and so I ended up with this:

Ability: Healer
Sassy Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Trick Room

Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Brave Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Earthquake

Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off
- Discharge

Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Rock Slide

If there is one really awesome thing to building a trick room team, is that you can afford not to run speed ev's which is great... and risky.

The Reuniclus I'm most comfortable with using is the trick room set. I know, the strategy is not the most original, but, it makes best use of these slow mons, especially since trick room doesn't show up often.

The first thing that hit me when I was looking for trick room setters, was how many of them were weak to ghost types, which was frustrating, because, well, Aegislash. No team worth its salt in OU doesn't have an answer for Aegislash.

Anyway....

TRICK ROOM SETTERS:
-Reuniclus is on the team, and so, there was first setter. I chose to play it as a Life Orb and 3 attacks set.

- Aromatisse is who I send out as a special "wall" (101/89 special defense is not bad), but also as a trick room setter when a ghost type is out. Also, Aromatisse is my cleric and wish passer (it's total taunt bait, but it's not usually sent out against taunt using pokemon). I understand it has no offensive presence, but with 4 offensive pokemon, I think one pure utility can't hurt

- Bronzong, who most usually goes specially defensive I decided to run defensively, mostly because it's weaknesses, fire, ghost, and partially, dark are special moves that I'd never be able to recover from without rest. True, I fear mold breaker, but ground types are easily resisted by the bulky bug. This is also why I decided to forgo heatproof for levitate.

EVERYONE ELSE:
- Mega Heracross, I planned to give a substitute, as I really like submegacross but I felt it'd be a waste of turns, and instead, focused on making him as slow(fast?) as possible and giving him an all out attacker set. The offensive coverage I would need from other mons came from the shortcomings of his set.

- Eelektross, I decided to go mixed with, and even forgo bulk ev's mostly because it'd be a shame to not take advantage of his great mixed stats, especially since he no longer need run speed. He was really the coverage guy, filling in the gaps for the others.

- Snorlax was at first going to be a very bulked up assault vest tank, with me pumping him up with hp and defense ev's, but then, when I realized that mega heracross can't really switch in on Aegislash (shadow ball + sneak still does terrific damage) I decided to use Snorlax as tanky attacker, investing, instead, in HP and attack.

I'm a little out of my element running a trick room team, but I still gave it a go. I like to think I am a decent team builder.
I'm not sure trick room teams are effective in that meta as there are a lot of realy slow threats and priority user's ( aegislash, conkeldurr, azumaril, ... ) which are difficult to manage. But anyway, i have a comment about the choice of bodyslam in the snorlax moveset, I'm quite sure paralysing a foes will be a bad thing for you, that will better to play with return which allows more damage and don't paralyse anymore

Hi, nice team, a goodvolturn core, 2 priority moves + 1 scarf to be able to revenge kill and fix the speed issue of the duo. The only thing it may threaten you is fast special sweeper which can force you to sacrify a pokemon in order to get the possibility of revenge killing. The lack of rapid spinner/defoger could be dangerous, by weakening your volt turn core and expose genesect to easier way of killing it ( prediction + priority moves ).

By the way, i saw some mistakes in Ev's spreading : first M-heracross need 216 Spe for outspeeding bisharp ( as you have to take in consideration the 75 base of the mega and forget the 85 base ). Then rotom-w need 44 spe in order to check a jolly azumarill. Finally i'm not sure investing in HP for bisharp is a better idea than investing in SDef, but, after doing some calc, it is quite similary.
I'm also wondering why the 252hp for Mamoswine instead of speed ? I hope you'll can convince me on that point.

Edit : This is an example of special sweepers i talked: Volcarona. After one dance it can outspeed genesect, take only 70% by sucker punch, and OHKO every thing:

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mamoswine: 340-402 (80.1 - 94.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 66-78 (21.1 - 25%)

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 164 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 360-426 (115.3 - 136.5%)
252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 199-235 (63.7 - 75.3%)

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 214-253 (70.3 - 83.2%)
4 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. +1 4 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 158-188 (50.6 - 60.2%)

Here you can see even with the smartest play, and all your mon with 100% HP, you will need to sacrify at least one pokemon to stop it.

Well first of all thank you for the EV check, obviously I was in such a hurry I just pressed the set suggested for Mamoswine before importing it here. But it is a good thing that PS kept the mega forms as separate entries so you can check things like these (Mega Heracross base speed). Defog + SR on the same team is something I usually avoid and it takes a lot of my momentum and the Volt Turn core is really to wear down the opponents team to the point they cannot survive a powerful attack late game. As for the fast special attackers threat, you should remember that they need to set up first (which means they will not be taking the calc'd attacks at 100% health most of the time) and clear SR out of their field and both are not easy to accomplish. But I did change my Genesect set to a choice band one because I have realized that it helps with cleaning up special attackers as well as dealing with their priorities more confidently.

Last edited:
I'm not sure trick room teams are effective in that meta as there are a lot of realy slow threats and priority user's ( aegislash, conkeldurr, azumaril, ... ) which are difficult to manage. But anyway, i have a comment about the choice of bodyslam in the snorlax moveset, I'm quite sure paralysing a foes will be a bad thing for you, that will better to play with return which allows more damage and don't paralyse anymore
About trick room, yeah I know its pretty meh in this meta, but trick room setters are slow so I figured I'd just capitalize on that.

Also, I don't really fear priority too much. Heracross resists Mach and sucker punch, snorlax is immune to sneak and aqua jet can be handled by bronzong.

Good point about body slam though. Like I said, trick room is not really my thing so when I picked snorlax I totally blanked out and went straight for body slam instead of return. Thanks man!

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Aromatisse is my cleric and wish passer (it's total taunt bait, but it's not usually sent out against taunt using pokemon).
Aromatisse's Hidden Ability, Aroma Veil, completely blocks Taunt, as well as a couple other miscellaneous things like Attract. There's no real reason to run Healer... :)

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Very cool! I thought it only worked in doubles so I ignored it.
Bulbapedia said:
Aroma Veil protects the Pokémon with this Ability and its allies from the effects of Taunt, Torment, Encore, Disable, Heal Block and Attract.
Thought I'd check :p By this I'd say it definitely works in Singles, and it protects against all common forms of move disruption (eat your heart out Whimsicott). Very cool indeed. ^^

I post here a replays i've done with my team, that may be be show you how my heatran + zapdos core works, and overall the late game tailwing sweep.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-87894361
Obviously i didn't choose the replay where i meet my worst issues :D but we can see how i can manage aegislash even if i do not pursuit it.

Edit : actually it's not "my team" as i used an offensive Latios intead of a support Latias but that doesn't change the global synergy of the team.
Edit 2 : That also confirms what alexwolf talked about: Reuniculus is quite usless, unless i meet a stall team ( in this case it becomes a monster )

Last edited:

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright guys the deadline is today, and the nominations are closed! Now it's time to vote for your favorite team, make sure to only vote for the team that you think is the most well built, and most successfully uses the core to its fullest potential. Just make sure to NOT vote for yourself! Other than that, this was a great round with some good teams. May the best team win! You have 3 days to vote, the deadline is Monday, February 17th. Happy voting!

Here are all the teams that were posted. There are a ton of teams so make sure to look through them carefully before deciding. Make sure to only vote for ONE:

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 60 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

My team is a bulky offensive team that utilizes Heracross's skills as a wallbreaker to set up a late-game Reuniclus sweep. I decided to use CM Reuniclus over OTR Reuniclus because Trick Room is often difficult to pull off: If Reuniclus dies while TR is up and you aren't using slow partners, then it can be detrimental for the team, while if it is on a dedicated TR team and it dies before TR is up, then your slower Pokemon have a hard time sweeping on their own. Calm Mind Reuniclus is also great against stall teams, and it can easily find opportunities to set up thanks to its bulk. The fact that it can't be worn down by Toxic is a godsend for any bulky sweeper, and Reuniclus really appreciated this. After a few Calm Minds, Aegislash can't even counter it, as its Shadow Ball won't do much and Reuniclus can simply use Psychic, waiting for it to go into Blade forme, as Shadow Sneak can't break through it either. Then I just used standard Mega Heracross with some HP investment as I found the extra Speed was often unnecessary. I am not using Close Combat on this set, as I find Earthquake to be sufficient against most Steel-types, and after a Swords Dance, Air Balloon Heatran is hard-pressed to switch in on a Rock Blast. I have a Scarf Landorus-T to help deal with Aegislash and Scizor, with Knock Off because Knock Off is just insanely good in this metagame, while Rotom-W forms a VoltTurn core with Landorus-T, and also beats Talonflame, Gliscor, and Pinsir, who all counter Heracross. I needed a way of removing hazards, and I went straight for Starmie since Analytic is great; it also checks Gliscor and Landorus-T well. I use Hidden Power Fire as a lure for Scizor and non-Scarfed Genesect, to surprise them before they U-turn, which is insanely helpful for Reuniclus. I then needed 3 things: An SR setter for problematic things like Talonflame, which stops Mega Heracross cold, some sort of Defog bait for that Stealth Rock for teams with Talonflame and Mega Pinsir paired with Defoggers, and something to trouble bulky Psychic-types that Reuniclus can't break through, specifically after Mega Heracross is dead and can't use Pin Missile. SR Bisharp is really underrated, most teams expect a Sucker Punch or a Knock Off, and then switch out, giving heaps of SR opportunities. This also is great because Bisharp can either Knock Off or SR on predicted switch-outs. It is, of course, Defiant bait, so I didn't include SD for this reason. There you have it :]

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Serious Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Toxic

Hydreigon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

So there are two ways I could sweep with Heracross: Trick room or thunder wave support. Unfortunately, covering threats in OU through balanced would require less psychics than TR wants and Reun had Twave access. I wanted to focus this team around equalizing threats through status. The issue then became opponent heal bells and Electric/Ground types. To counter electric types (and talonflame), I added Hippowdon. Pinsir-mega and ground type moves are countered Skarmory. Clefable/Reuniculus are a pivot MG core focusing on spreading TWaves. Hydregion comes in to counter bisharp and on predicted Shadow ball aegi turns (on predicted sacred sword turns, I can go into Hippowdon and then to Hydregion). General plan for lucario-mega is to Paralyze it through reuniculus as it sets up and then wreck it with hippowdon. Genesect is an issue, but I solve mixed special attackers mostly through Clefable and band through hippowdon/skarmory.

Mega Heracross is able to come in once I get most of the targets para'd and rotom/thundy-i removed. I remove rotom through Reun battling it and Thundyi falls to hippowdon's rock tomb. If I can, I try to slow the target through rock tomb before dying to produce an outspeed as Heracross comes in, instantly allowing me numerous options. Biggest threats are Thundy and rotom's statuses, so I try to fix that by Guts hera. If I come in and get destroyed prematurely, Clefable can cleric off the status. So that's just about the whole concept.

*Reuniclus + Heracross get cool animations because they're special.

lord goop (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

corpse (Heracross) @ Heracronite
EVs: 232 Spd / 252 Atk / 24 HP
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

ggengar (Tyranitar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

anthrow (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Spd
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]

cate (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 16 Atk / 248 HP / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

i!!! never!!! die!!! (Trevenant) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 16 Def / 244 HP / 248 SDef
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Protect

**please keep the nicknames if testing with.

Reuniclus is a very powerful Pokemon, honestly. After one Calm Mind, it becomes so bulky on both sides, and it can't even be worn down at all thanks to Magic Guard. Recover is just the icing on the cake, keeping it alive throughout the battle, and between Psyshock and Focus Blast, it hits everything in the tier neutrally/SE besides Sableye, which can be handled by other members on my team. Reuniclus has issues with Tyranitar, so Mega-Heracross covers this weakness very well, so, I'll explain Mega-Heracross next. Mega-Heracross is ferocious, really, and it only has one huge issue: Speed. This is mitigated with Sticky Web, but it isn't guaranteed, but I kept Sticky Web in mind while making this team. Mega-Heracross only needs 232 Speed, as this is enough to outspeed everything in the tier, for those wondering, it outspeeds 252+ Base 130s after Sticky Web. I was going to invest enough to outspeed Mega-Manectric, however, it needs 252+, as 252 is outspeed by just one measly point. So, I just dumped the rest into bulk. I was thinking of many different sets with Mega-Heracross, from SubPunch, to 4-Move Attacker, to even running Sub+3 Attacks. I decided on Swords Dance, as Mega-Heracross cause so many switches, it's just crazy. Aegislash is considered one of the best counters to Mega-Heracross, but even 252/252+ is OHKO'ed in Shield form with Knock Off, hence the reason to run it. The rest about Mega-Heracross is very standard, so I'll get onto the next Pokemon - Tyranitar. Tyranitar covers Mega-Heracross' weakness to Talonflame, while also adding immediate Special bulk to my team. This Tyranitar set is very standard, so I won't go too in-depth. By now, I was starting to see that I had a huge Mega-Pinsir weakness, along with a Greninja weakness. Greninja however, can only 3HKO Tyranitar after Stealth Rock, so Tyranitar can handle Greninja at full health. Mega-Pinsir however, was becoming an issue. I decided to put off the Mega-Pinsir issue for now and just get onto my Sticky Webbing. Galvantula truly adds nothing to my team synergy-wise, but Sticky Web is very useful. Galvantula is very standard, I'm not really going to explain it too in-depth. Landorus-Therian was the answer to all my problems. It handles Mega-Pinsir and Talonflame with ease, along with providing the Stealth Rock my team needs. U-Turn to pivot is just too dang good, keeping up momentum is very helpful to bring in my sweepers unharmed. I just absolutely love Knock Off, the more the merrier! After looking at my general team, it has a very huge Water-type weakness. I also needed a spinblocker, so there were two options for this job that suited my needs: Gourgeist or Trevenant. I picked Trevenant because honestly, I just don't like Gourgeist. Trevenant never dies, hence the name. It is so surprisingly bulky, and I can't tell you how many times this happens: Get to ~20% -> Sitrus Berry -> Harvest -> Sitrus berry again -> Leech Seed -> Repeat, this happens and it is so common. Will-O-Wisp also provides solid physical crippling all around and has been very useful so far! Horn Leech is honestly never even used, as Taunt isn't even that much of a problem for me, but it is pathetically weak, so. So, yeah, this is my team. The common problems I've found with it are Sableye, as it can Will-O-Wisp everything, and the one thing that doesn't mind is usually dead and can't even do anything to it. I just hope to never run into it. The only other common problem is Mega-Pinsir after Landorus-Therian is gone. But besides that I can generally handle most of each other's issues.
An attempt at capitalizing on OTR's niche as a big blobby midgame pseudo-sweeper against offensive teams (as well as being a cold stop Mega Venusaur), allowing for a Nasty Plot cleanup from Thundurus-I or further holepunching from slower threats who appreciate their checks weakened by fast flying Psychics, Shadow Balls and Focus Blasts.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 192 HP / 64 Def
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 252 Atk / 192 HP / 64 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Spd / 164 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit

OTR Reuniclus and wallbreaker Mega Heracross make a great compliment to Nasty Plot Thundurus, an underrated sweeper who needs Mega Venusaur and special walls broken down before it can muscle through teams with it's great speed, power and coverage. It's sweeps are also hindered by revenge kills from Greninja and Ice Punch Conkeldurr (both checked nicely by Heracross). While very strong and consistent, the team benefits from the fact that a Thundurus sweep isn't necessary to succeed, since all the team members hit so goddamn hard even without boosts. Heracross and Reuniclus play well off each other, since Reuniclus makes a great status absorber for M-Hera--who must be one of the biggest burn-magnets around--and it can beat/set up TR on Heracross's few defensive checks. From here I needed one or two dedicated physical defenders to check Scarf Garchomp, Ground types and Flying types without unnecessarily endangering Thundurus. A classic Rotom-W/Landorus-T defensive pivot core fits this role perfectly, providing rocks, burn, and slow and safe entry for the wallbreaking core of Reuniclus and Heracross. Finally, one of the biggest concerns with OTR Reuniclus outside a dedicated Trick Room team is that should Reuniclus expire or be forced out before TR's effects wrap up, it can prove a liability for faster members hoping to come in afterward. This is partly mitigated by Mega Heracross's, whose own low speed can allow him to basically continue Reuniclus's all-out attacking spree, but I wanted a more consistent abuser, and incidentally needed a Steel type to murder Fairies and check Lati@s and Starmie, all huge problems for the team. Thus you have THE CRUMBLER, one of Aegislash's deadliest sets. I eschewed King's Shield for Pursuit, since longevity is not a concern and the threats I need it to check, while very important, are limited in number and guaranteed to die to Pursuit. And in the event that it gets to abuse Trick Room, Aegislash becomes one of the most terrifying wallbreakers to face.

Lancelot (Tyranitar) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

The Beast (Heracross) (M) @ Heracronite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Bullet Seed

Morgana (Trevenant) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech

Merlin (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball

Mordred (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Gawain (Claydol) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock

My first thought when given MHeracross and Reuniclus was a Trick Room team. I was planning on using SD MHera but in the interest of preserving TR turns not spent on setting up he is instead an all out attacker. Reuniclus is the offensive Trick Room variant of course. Trevenant was added as a secondary TR setter, and has Will-O-Wisp to debuff physical attackers that give my Specially bulky team trouble. Horn Leech + Leech Seed + Sitrus are used for recovery to let it stick around longer than my other setters who lack recovery. Crawdaunt os another TR abuser who can sling around Knock Offs and resists the Ghost and Dark types that plague Reuniclus and Trevenant and the Fire types that give Heracross and Trevenant trouble. Tyranitar does the same as well as hitting Fliers who may wish to target Heracross and is given cover from Fighters by Reuniclus, whose Magic Guard immunizes it to Sand. Claydol takes the last spot as I needed hazard removal and a tertiary TR setter and it does both while also being immune to Sand. Heracross defeats the Grass types that trouble Claydol, Crawdaunt, and Tyranitar and Ice types that plague Trevenant and Claydol.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 92 Spd / 252 Atk / 164 HP
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast

Genesect @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Flamethrower

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

The first thing I put on my team was M-Heracross, since I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. Its great movepool and massive attack just scream bulky wall breaker, so that is exactly what I did. Dual STAB + psuedo EdgeQuake gives it amazing coverage that is nigh unwallable. Knowing that M-Hera does extremely well vs. stall and more defensively oriented teams, I chose Reuniclus' OTR set over the ultimate stallbreaker CM set to face more speedy, offensive teams. Looking at this core, flying types, most notably Talonflame, pose an immense threat to this team. Stealth Rock would be very beneficial for this as well, and alsoto help the core achieve the KOs they need. For that reason, I chose SpDef Heatran in my third slot, as it hard walls many threats like Genesect and the aforementioned Talonflame. Looking at half a team now, I realized that unless Trick Room is up, fast and powerful threats like the Zard's, Garchomp, Landorus-I, Keldeo, and Manaphy walk all over me. Thundurus-I was a natural choice, since it can fire off T-waves to cripple setup sweepers, as well as being mad powerful itself. Here I faced a problem. I wanted a physically defensive 'mon to complement Heatran, a Defogger/Spinner to keep Thundy's survivability up, priority because priority, a Volturner to bring in M-Heracross safely, and another powerful, possibly choiced attacker. Banded Genesect fit the last three criteria easily, since it brings in threats like Heatran and M-Venu that Megacross smashes. The physically defensive Defogger was the only role I had left, and I toggled between Skarm and Mandibuzz for quite a bit, eventually settling on Skarm due to less of a rocks weakness and its ability to check Mamoswine, who would otherwise be a big pain for this team. Thats really all I have to say. Thanks for checking out my team.

Sorry for my pitiful english, but this is the team i built
Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Recover

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

• The main Heracross issues are his quite low speed and its x4 fly weakness; Zapdos is here to cover both of them. Fisrt of all it checks very well pinsir, and then he can pass a x2 speed boost to herracross who enjoys it. So herracross will become a very threatening fast sweeper who will be able to make rampage in most OU offensive teams played.

• Reuniclus is here as a wall breaker as it'll can easly seting up and threatening every non phaser stalls.That includes for instance heracross' counters like Gliscor. The choice of focus blast is mainly made for the tyranitar issue, and could be justified by the fact aegislash could be checked by Zapdos/Heatran/Bisharp.

• Heatran and Heracross have near perfect defensive synergy. Moreover heatran checks talonflamme very well and is able to set up the stealth rock which are realy usefull for preventing treats such as Pinsir, talonflamme, staraptor switch in too easly. Last, heatran can check many fast special attackers like latios and complete well the lack of coverage leave by latias.

• Latias is here to support the team. Its dragon type gives it few usefull resistance as fire and water and it has a pretty good bulk. If i choose it instead of an assault vest goodra for instance, it is for its ability to check fast treats like keldeo, charizard or landorus and can revenge killing. The support added that way is also nice for the team : Defog if it's needed to remove entry hazards, Healing wish to get back a weakened pokemon. However, latias is threatened by pursuit's users and aegislash. That last one may be a big issue to the team even if zapdos or heatran can manage it. Here the bisharp's job appears.

• With Bisharp in the team, it beccomes easier to manage aegislash, it's also able to keep the stealth rock on the opposite side thanks to defiant. Moreover it can weaken a lot of mons that will be killed more easly by heracross after. It's sucker punch is also interesting as it can severly hit fast mons which can be an issue otherway. Black glasses are crucial, as they allow bisharp OHKOing aegisalsh most of the time (68% with SR damage, 38% without), of course life orb should get better damage but keeping its HP allow bisharp to switch by less caring how much HP remains it.

ISSUES :

• A big issue is Genesect as it overspeed nearly all the team. Latias can't hit it enought and is threaten back by a terrifying U-turn. To manage Genesect, it's needed weaken it with stealth rock and hopping kill it with a sucker punch or a sweep tailwind phase. (hopping for the ban so much). Hopefully, I have heatran to take its U-Turns and to counter it in the late game ( if i succeed to keep it alive ).

• An other huge issue is Azumaril, the choice band set is devastating. The only answer is zapdos which takes around 60% by play rough. The belly drum set is also terrifying, once again,zapdos can take an aquajet and hit back. This means zapdos will be really put under pressure by the opponent team and may not survive a long time.

• Pursuit users as Tyranitar or Scizor are also an issue, they can can come on latias or reuniclus easly and destroy them. That's why reuniclus is running focus blast for tyranitar. In the game it's needed to play carefully when the opponent may have a pursuit user and weaken it enought ( thanks SR) to be able to kill it in the switch latter.

• Powerful dragon dancer such as Charizard or Tyranitar are the worst nightmare for this team. Both of them can come on Heatran/Zapdos and set up one dance without fearing anything. Then it's quite over, Heracross is able to avoid the OHKO by +1 252Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge, but this is rare and valid only if it is not weakened at all. Charizard can also set up a dance and only fear a suckerpunch from bisharp which deal damage around 55%, then I need the stealth rock damage. However if Charizard hasn't EQ, then heatran can stall it and poison it.
Replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-87894361

Edited :
-zapdos is now running tailwing+HP ice instead of agillity+BP
-heatran is now a special staller instead of an offensive air balloon
-Added issues part
-Reuniculus has no longer shadow ball but focus blast
-Heracross is now 236 Spd / 252 Atk / 20 HP instead of the standard Evs
-Added replays

Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 164 HP / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Bisharp (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Balance slow team around Reuniclus OTR + Mega-Heracross, Reuniclus is key against more offensive teams with Hidden Power Fire lures Genesect/Scizor. Sub Focus Punch Mega Heracross is key to break another balance and stall teams because the rest of the team lacks of potential to break more defensive teams. Landorus-T is the Stealth Rock user of the team core with pivot Rotom-W like defensive bulky core kinda standard, Bisharp AV helps to check stuff like Latios, Latios or Kyurem-B, also kill with Pursuit Aegislash which walls Mega-Heracross and Reuniclus, finally Latios the defogger of the team, another water resist to check stuff like Keldeo, Manaphy or Thundurus.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 192 HP / 64 Def
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 252 Atk / 164 HP / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Pin Missile

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 SAtk / 232 SDef / 248 HP
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

OTR Reuniclus and Sword Dance Heracross form the main sweeping core. OTR is chosen over the calm mind set because the team isn't that fast and needs something to stop set up sweepers from having their way. The rest of the team is focused on making sure nothing bothers either Reuniclus or Heracross. Mandibuzz serves as a solid Aegislash switch in, and it can hit back pretty hard with foul play. It also makes sure that hazards stay off the field in general. Landorus hits like a truck and make sure that skarmory doesn't bother either of the sweepers. Band-Tyranitar eliminates threats that can prevent Reuniclus and Herracross from sweeping, notably Genesect and Talonflame. Gensect's U-turn doesn't do too much to Tyranitar if you predict the lead, and Tyranitar can switch into all the special variant's coverage moves. Pursuit leaves it with very low health if it doesn't OHKO. Tyranitar can switch into anything Talonflame has besides U-turn and OHKO with pursuit after recoil or a turn of sandstorm damage.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch (Pursuit on switch) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 292-345 (97.9 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch (Pursuit on Switch) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Genesect: 255-301 (90.1 - 106.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Rotom-W serves as a good counter to thundurus, landorus, and in general scouts with volt-switch, burns shit, and heals damage off with pain split.
K THIS SOUNDED FUN SO HERE IS MINE. :]

TEAM

Importable

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 240 HP / 76 Atk / 68 Def / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 128 HP / 12 Atk / 176 SAtk / 24 SDef / 168 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- U-turn

EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Explanation
In my opinion the Calm Mind Reuniclus is a lot scarier than the OTR set in todays meta. After only one Calm Mind Reuniclus becomes really hard to kill and hits pretty damn hard. Mega Heracross hits like a monster so I decided to just throw a bunch of hard hitting moves on it. I Mega Hera enough speed to outspeed uninvesteted Heatrans so I can kill it with EQ. I then realized that both Reuniclus and Pinsir are pretty much destroyed by Mega Pinsir so I decided to just add standard Rotom-W to deal with Mega Pinsir as well as other common threat that are annoying to the team otherwise. Afterwards I decided that I wanted to use two of the Therian forms being Landorus-T and Tornadus-T. Instead of using normal Pivot Lando-T I decided instead to use Bulky Double Dance because I really have not seen that set used since BW2 and I felt that it still seemed like a strong ass set and decided to try it out. (It put in a lot of work while I was testing.) The set I put on Tornadus is another set that I do not recall seeing but is really strong. Assault Vest is a really good item on Tornadus considering its already decent bulk, offensive movepool and stats, and the fact that it has Regenerator to recover off damage. This set also makes a pretty good pivot. The speed that I gave Torn-T was to outspeed Lati's and Gengar to Knock Off there items, doing big damage, and if they have a life orb making them weaker. For the last slot I put Excadrill because I needed both something to get rid of hazards and something to set up rocks. Also Excadrill can dish out a lot of damage potentially setting up a sweep for Lando-T or Reuniclus.

K well I hope you liked my team it is really fun to make/play with. Thanks to Subject 18 and Gary2346 for hosting this. I love doing things like this and will participate again in the future. :]

Edit: My bad if there is any typos I am pretty stupid sometimes. x)

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Bullet Seed

Dusclops @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Infestation

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Toxic

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Trick Room
- Tri Attack

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 SDef
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Building Process

Whenever anyone says the name "Reuniclus", most players will immediately think "Trick Room". That's exactly my thought process behind this team. Now, this is my first Trick Room team, so it probably isn't that great, but here goes nothing. I started with the basic Reuniclus set, the offensive Trick Room. Then to go along with the required core, I had to go with Mega Heracross. Rock Blast, Pin Missile, and Bullet Seed are used to abuse MHeracross' ability, Skill Link. Close Combat is in for the fourth moveslot to decimate whatever doesn't resist it.

I figured that for this team I needed at least one more TR setter, but decided to go with two, Dusclops and Porygon2. Dusclops seemed like an obvious choice, due to its insane bulk when holding an Eviolite. The set is mainly used to cripple the opponent's team, trapping them with Infestation, then either using Pain Split for recovery or burning the opposing mon. Porygon2 was added as the other TR setter also because of its bulk with Eviolite. I realized that my TR setters needed to be able to tank a hit, since TR has a negative priority. The rest of the set is Porygon2's standard offensive set, with BoltBeam coverage and Tri-Attack as STAB and a way inflict status and deal damage.

For the final two, I just looked for bulky, slow pokemon. Tyranitar is bulky on the special side and is a strong physical attacker. His standard CB set seemed like a good choice, and I was sure to invest some EVs into SpD. The last mon is Slowbro, who I thought was a good complement to Tyranitar, since Slowbro is bulky on the physical side and is a strong special attacker. Scald is for passing burns, Psychic for STAB, Ice Beam for coverage, and Toxic to pass yet another status.​

OK, I've made my team and tested it out, and I think it's ready to be posted. So...

-->

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
-Earthquake

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 Def / 12 Spd / 252 HP
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

As I said earlier, the point of this team is to use 4 defensive Pokemon to remove Reuniclus' and Heracross' checks and counters. To start with, I decided to have Reuniclus be a standard OTR Reuniclus. Strong STAB, perfect coverage, and Magic Guard combine to make it very fearful. The EVs help it with bulk and attack. Next, I decided I wanted a defensive 'mon who likes Trick Room. Although I'm not building a TR team, I don't want anyone to rely on their speed, as anyone could be battling under TR conditions. I chose Ferrothorn for SR, great defenses (resisting Heracross' Fairy and Psychic weaknesses) and Gyro Ball. I chose AV Tyranitar because it is an awesome special wall, especially in the sand, resists the all-important Flying, as well as Fire, Dark, and Ghost, is immune to Psychic, and can deal good damage. I switched Rock Slide with Stone Edge, as the accuracy drop isn't that large, and the power boost is very noticeable. Heracross is a standard Mega Heracross, and with the highest attack stat in OU, can do tons of damage. Earthquake is mostly there to deal with Aegislash. Rotom-W supplys another Flying and Fire resistance, counters Talonflame, who is a problem for both Reuniclus and Heracross, is a good lead with Volt Switch, and can stop most physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp. Sylveon is a great cleric who can pass a large wish, and also resists Bug. Many team members have 0 Atk IVs to deal with Foul Play, and Sylveon was chosen over Florges because of a much stronger STAB move and a larger wish.

If you want to comment on my team, pleas offer an opinion about whether Tyranitar should have Rock Slide or Stone Edge, and whether Heracross should have Swords Dance or Earthquake. Thanks in advance!

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Heracross @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Dusclops @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Trick
- Thunder Wave

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SDef
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

As everybody taking the challenge has done, I started with the core of Reuniclus + Mega Heracross. While the duo just screams OTR, it's my personal belief that Mega Heracross should work more as a wallbreaker first, bulky sweeper second. So, I decided to make the team bulky offense. Following that decision, I made Reuniclus the CM variant (to make it a special sweeper, if need be) and Mega Heracross an all-out attacker. For Mega Hera's moves, the set I choose lets it beat Aegislash in exchange for losing some power against bulky waters. Anyways, as for the next step in my team, I knew that in order to successfully employ bulky offense, it's best to be able to spread status, as well as sponge some hits. For that, I chose Dusclops, due to its retarded bulk, which gives it a high chance of spreading burns. It can also take hits from special attackers very well. Next, I decided to expand on the core. While Reuniclus benefits somewhat from Mega Heracross, Mega Hera gains very little from Reun, as it only resists one typing that Hera's weak to defensively, and kills almost nothing that Hera needs killed. So, I chose Rotom-H, who is a master at bringing down Flying types. The main reason I decided H over W is because it allows for a Fairy switch-in, which the team otherwise has trouble with. Trick Scarf is my favorite set on it, as it can mess with Mega Pinsir, Genesect, Mega Lucario, and any Talonflames that try to U-turn out. It also cripples walls (ideally Sylveon, Togekiss, or ugh Chansey). Next, since a part of the new core was weak to Rock, I decided to pick up Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz can defog to get rid of rocks, punish physical set-up sweepers via Foul Play, and most importantly, it can beat Aegislash, who the team would otherwise be quite weak to. Finally, I wanted an offensive Rock setter, so I turned to Tyranitar. Tyranitar works well with much of the team, as it can set rocks to get rid of those pesky Flying-types, and can Pursuit trap Psychic and Ghost types. To top all that, it has the always-solid Edgequake coverage.
The goal while playing with this is basically to destroy your enemy over time, mainly by getting Mega Heracross out and having it inflict massive damage. Use status to help it get out more.

Heracross (M) @ Heracronite
Trait: Moxie
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 SDef
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 Def
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

In all honesty ... I never realized what a f*ckin' monster Mega Heracross was until I decided to participate in this. Skill Link = Broken = OP = Meta-Game Change

Mega Heracross is the wall-breaker of the team and it does a fantastic job at it. Very few can safely switch in on any of Mega Heracross's four moves due to the sheer power behind Close Combat, Pin Missile and Rock Blast.

Reuniclus hasn't really shined so far as of yet but it's my only real answer to stall teams so it definitely has its place on the team.

Conkeldurr was the first pick due to its ability to absorb Will O Wisp (something Heracross hates) and pretty much destroy Landorus-T and Gliscor with Ice Punch. It just so happens that Conkeldurr is my Water Type Answer as well. Despite Conkeldurr lacking any resists, Assault Vest makes it too bulky.
For example:
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 248 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 124-147 (35.3 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Conkeldurr can easily eat it up and proceed to Drain Punch at it.
Despite all this, Strong Water Types are a major threat to this team archetype and so I can see Drizzle teams being a huge problem.

Scizor was next. Choice Scarf to be exact lol. A fast and powerful U-Turn can surprise KO Pokemon such as Lati@s and Starmie while Iron Head really leaves a mark on Fairy Type Pokemon. Superpower helps me eliminate things like Bisharp and Lucario while Pursuit is ... idk tbh lol. Trap Gengar I guess?
Tyranitar helps the team keep Talonflame in check who would otherwise have a play day with this team. Tyranitar lures in the likes of Skarmory, Scizor, Ferrothorn and Bisharp so Fire Blast is a great answer for them.

Landorus-Therian sets up Stealth Rock and acts as a solid offensive pivot, being able to tank Physical hits when necessary.

Decide to go for a full on Trick Room team with a Defensive Trick Room Reuniclus along with Nasty Plot Cofagrigus, Specs Exploud, DTR Porygon2 with Azumarill and the required Mega-Heracross.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
IVs: 2 Spd
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Future Sight
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Focus Blast

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Quiet Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Focus Blast

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball

Azumarill @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Mega Heracross: Mega-Heracross as Trick Room sweeper is an idea that has crossed my mind many times as he has great coverage and is amazingly powerful. The fear I had about Heracross was flying priority especially Talonflame whose Brave Bird could stop Heracross cold. Heracross' greatness lies his ability to threaten out some many common OU mons and break bulky steels and rocks who wall Exploud's sweeps. The two Speed Ivs and non-negative nature allow Heracross to outspeed Aegislash outside of Trick Room and outslow inside of Trick Room which is helpful to keep Aegislash damage to a minimum.

Porygon2: While not very creative Porygon2 always fills the role of Trick Room setter well. Trace is an excellent ability and keeps Gliscor from Toxic Stalling the crap of this team by Tracing Poison Heal. Porygon's utility as a catch-all special wall for Trick Room teams when invested makes him an invaluable member of this team.

Azumarill: Azumarill complements Mega-Heracross to form this teams offensive core with Azu tanking fire moves for Heracross and generally being very bulky. Life Orb is an unfortunate item to have to use on Azumarill but I needed a way to boost its power without sacrificing coverage because in Trick Room sweeps coverage is very important and choice items are not IMO viable at all (unless ofc you're Exploud). Azumarill also draws in bulky steels to wall it which heracross then switches into and takes care of which is vital to a late-game Exploud Sweep.

Cofagrigus: Cofagrigus functions as my boosting sweeper and as a good physical wall and special sweeper with its Trick Room + Nasty Plot set. Cofagrigus counters Talonflame in Trick Room by tanking a Brave Bird and then because Talonflame becomes mummy allow me to KO it with a Shadow Ball.

Reuniclus: I'll admit this is a VERY strange set for Reuniclus to run but I personally find Future Sight to be underrated especially as a way to keep counters out. By future sighting and then switching to Heracross I am able to deter pokemon like Talonflame from switching into Heracross allowing it to pull of a small Trick Room sweep even when Talonflame is alive. Focus Blast hits pokemon that pose a threat to Reuniclus for SE damage while I ignore ghost type coverage all of them but Aegislash are easily taken care of by p2's special bulk, and Aegislash (usually) dies to Heracross.

Exploud: Exploud is IMO the best late-game Trick Room cleaner as Scrappy + Boomburst has excellent neutral coverage and hits incredibly hard with specs. If I can get him in undamaged in the early game he still functions incredibly well. The other moves are for show I pretty much exclusively use Boomburst.

Sorry this explanation is so long but I had a lot to explain with this team.
Here is my team!

Reuniclus (F) @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Recover
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Snarl
- Protect

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Spear
- Toxic Spikes

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot

Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Arm Thrust
- Rock Blast
- Rest

Garchomp (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

This team defies the standard Trick Room where Reuniclus and Heracross-M must be used. Rather, it takes a different approach to speed control: Tailwind.

The team is broken into two definitive sections: a defensive core and an offensive core. They work in tandem with each other as needed.

Defensive Core:
Reuniclus- very different from Trick Room variants, this one spreads burns and removes items, serves as a tank, and can hit Greninja/Lati twins very hard on the switch in with Signal Beam.
Umbreon- the main special wall, cleric, and WishPasser. Umbreon is a great asset for sponging special attacks that don't come from Mega Lucario.
Cloyster- the lack of reliable recovery was a concern--that's why Umbreon was added. Unlike most Cloyster, this one sets hazards and spins. It has maximum physical defensive investment to tank physical attacks repeatedly.

Offensive core:
Tornadus-T: it has three very powerful attacks with great coverage off a huge special attack stat. Tailwind is the selling point, as it can allow Garchomp or Heracross-M to sweep with the added speed.
Heracross-M: This guy is a wall breaker with immense power on the physical end. Unless it gets burned, it will continue to hit everything hard, but then it can Rest off the burn.
Garchomp: This guy can lead and set up Stealth Rock; it depends on the matchup. However, I prefer to use it as a sweeper, ideally getting to +2 Atk and +1 Spe, removing priority users and Scarfers above Base 102, and then decimating everything. It's my designated cleaner meant to clean up the mess spilled by the other two attackers.

I still applaud the use of Crawdaunt, and it has good synergy with the team. Maybe try a Life Orb over Choice Band here too.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Genesect @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- U-turn
- Blaze Kick
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock

I started doing this by compiling a list of all the things Heracross hates and would otherwise one shot him or stop his sweeps while taking into account what are the things Reuniclus brings to the table and how it can help the Beatles. There a lot of Genies in OU, none of which the Mega likes to meet so along with a strong stab Ice Shard (which also helps with DD dragons like Nite) and SR (Talonflame, sashes and MS), Mamoswine is a great answer to a lot of things while also being able to break through Gliscor. Defensive Rotom-W can handle what is left of the Smogon Bird, Mega TTar, Mega Pinsir and physical sweepers in general and can scare off Azumarill and similar threats. To keep SR on the field and further add pressure onto the opponent, I used Ogami's idea of an AV, Pursuit Bisharp to get rid of the Lati@s and Aegislash once and for all while also being able to take care of all out attackers such as Deoxys-S with sucker punch. The EVs are there to outspeed minimum, 4 EV base 80 mons. Band Gene does a lot of things, revenge kill, VoltTurn + SR, clean up late game and always threatening mons with Extreme Speed.

Ability: Aroma Veil
Sassy Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Trick Room

Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Brave Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Earthquake

Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off
- Discharge

Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Return
- Rock Slide

Anyway....

TRICK ROOM SETTERS:

- Aromatisse is who I send out as a special "wall" (101/89 special defense is not bad), but also as a trick room setter when a ghost type is out. Also, Aromatisse is my cleric and wish passer (it's total taunt bait, but it's not usually sent out against taunt using pokemon). I understand it has no offensive presence, but with 4 offensive pokemon, I think one pure utility can't hurt

- Bronzong, who most usually goes specially defensive I decided to run defensively, mostly because it's weaknesses, fire, ghost, and partially, dark are special moves that I'd never be able to recover from without rest. True, I fear mold breaker, but ground types are easily resisted by the bulky bug. This is also why I decided to forgo heatproof for levitate.

EVERYONE ELSE:
- Mega Heracross, I planned to give a substitute, as I really like submegacross but I felt it'd be a waste of turns, and instead, focused on making him as slow(fast?) as possible and giving him an all out attacker set. The offensive coverage I would need from other mons came from the shortcomings of his set.

- Snorlax was at first going to be a very bulked up assault vest tank, with me pumping him up with hp and defense ev's, but then, when I realized that mega heracross can't really switch in on Aegislash (shadow ball + sneak still does terrific damage) I decided to use Snorlax as tanky attacker, investing, instead, in HP and attack.

Tha is to ethan06 and u-Ralph for the critical changes I needed to make!
My vote is Hot N Cold. For reasons stated in this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)