Other OU Teambuilding Competition Round 5 [Entries OPEN See Post #294]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much appreciate the one vote I got XD

However, I can't deny that Hot n Cold's team is just airtight. So, he gets my vote.

Expect me to be that guy who puts lower tier pokemon in their teams. However, I think it's safe to say if I really want to contribute, I should try to avoid injecting my own personal bias, and instead, genuinely trying to put the best possible pokemon, right Gary2346 ?

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I very much appreciate the one vote I got XD

However, I can't deny that Hot n Cold's team is just airtight. So, he gets my vote.

Expect me to be that guy who puts lower tier pokemon in their teams. However, I think it's safe to say if I really want to contribute, I should try to avoid injecting my own personal bias, and instead, genuinely trying to put the best possible pokemon, right Gary2346 ?
I mean, if you can make those underrated Pokemon work well on your team then I'm all for it, but if your own personal bias is keeping you from making a better team, then yea I'd try to avoid it as much as possible.

I checked, arm thrust is a 15 base power move,
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Arm Thrust (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 180-215 (52.7 - 63%)
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 177-208 (51.9 - 60.9%)
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 280-331 (82.1 - 97%)

I'm sure that illustrates and confirms what i was saying,

Moreover, even if lowering def is not realy good for heracross, being able to 2HKO skarmory with close combat should be taken in consideration.
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 160-189 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Reuniclus cripples Skarmory and Cloyster spins away its hazards and tanks its Brave Birds repeatedly, so my team isn't particularly Skarmory-weak. I'm sticking with Arm Thrust.

is it ok if we make changes to our team after voting occurs? Nothing major, I just switched a few EV's and added more detail to what each pokemon does.

Round 1 Voting is now over.

Hot N Cold
wins this round with a total of 10 Votes.
The value of his vote will be doubled and his team enters the hall of fame, congratulations to him!

Thank you to everyone who voted and submitted a team.

The core for the second round of OUTC will be:

+

Bisharp has been know this generation to put a whole of pressure on teams that rely on being able to Defog away hazards. With Defiant giving it an Atk boost, due to the Evasion drop, Bisharp can go on a small mid game sweep to open up holes for Mega Gardevoir or any other teammates to be able to clean up late game.

Mega Gardevoir, though really underrated, is surprisingly pretty scary for most teams to face. With a huge Special Attack its able to easily break down the opposing teams. Having a good support movepool, it can also play a more defensive or support role for team with Wish, Healing Wish, and Will-o-Wisp. Being as versatile as it is, you can do a number of different things for a team and will open up for a lot of creative teams.

Entries are due Friday the 21st.

Discussion on the core is welcome and highly encouraged. Good luck to every and have fun.

Hmm... As far as I know, it's basically mega gard try to handle fight types so Bisharp can do whatever or bisharp take care of the meta so gardevoir doesn't die to physical hits.

Meh, bulky offense w/gard ain't working. I think the best option lies in Gard's ability as support in this meta, as it doesn't have anything worth noticing for a CM sweep over other choice options (besides massive Spa, which anything doing CM will eventually get). Too low Def for that perfect role in sweep/cleaner.

Bisharp wants gone that Gard can handle... Conkeldurr? I mean, obv Gard benefits from Bisharp, but finding the subtle ways for vice versa is a bit challenging here.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 Def / 248 HP / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 Atk
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Bisharp (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 HP / 164 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

The core proposed is exactly what i used for a week, then i directly post my team here.
  • Gardevoir, it used as a fast special sweeper, calm mind has been removed because i got difficulties to find niches where using it, moreover it leave me with a lack of coverage, focus blast is mainly for heatran, shadow ball for aegisash, and psyshock psychic for mega venusaur... Note for all pokemons listed before and most of bulky ones, those attacks will 2HKO them as i have to predict their switch or to be full life.
  • Bisharp is here as a bulky trapper, it is able to take hits from lati@s, greninja, and hardly awnser or pursuit them. It losts its ability of OHKO aegislah, however i have no pokemon particuraly weak to aegislash, but garchomp once locked on a bad move.
  • Landorus-T work with rotom-W to form a well known core, walling most of physical threats as talonflamme, pinsir, azumaril, ... and give precious niche for my sweepers thanks to a good volturn. Also, landorus is able to put stealth rock, and weaken some stallers.
  • Rotom-W, nothing to say interesting, comon Evs spread, moveset, huge check for so many things ...
  • Garchomp is used as a scarfer. With a 102 BS speed it can outspeed char-X or volcarona after one dance, it also check chard-Y as being able to take one or two hits without dying. It can revenge kill everything which don't use scarf but deoxys-S if it has a positive nature.
  • Manaphy Keldeo comes here as a stall breaker, it takes more benefits from the core than manaphy, moreover it can manage stall team as a devil if venusaur is not there, the same venusaur which have trouble with gardevoir. It is also a good check for other calm minder which can't take boosted physical hits (secret sword).
Not an original team, but a one which works well, checking bigest threats in the meta and have few issues.

Issues :

• (Fixed with Keldeo) One threat i had difficulties to manage is Landorus as it OHKO/2HKO all my mons. Hopefuly i can easly revenge killing it and use of switch smartly to manage it. But, if i miss luck or if it comes in the end game, i can have actual problems.
  • (Fixed with Keldeo) An other thing i have difficulties to manage is Chansey, walling gardevoir even with psyshock, taking around 50% from a +6 manaphy surf !!!. If i don't succeed to knock off the eviolite, i'm in trouble.
  • In the row, Stall Teams are difficult ro manage too by the fact they carry the skarmory+chansey core and can set up several layers of spikes.
Replays :
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-89813003 (no need of defoger/rapid spinner)

Edit :
-Added replays part
-Removed manaphy for keldeo
-Removed psychock (gardevoir) for psychic
-Updated the importable

Last edited:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 8 Def / 252 Atk / 248 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

This team is obviously around the synergy of Gardevoir and Bisharp. Bisharp breaks down particular threats, with Blackglasses boosted Dark attacks, so Gardevoir can sweep without worrying about certain Pokémon that could possibly threaten it. Rotom-W is in the team complete the defensive synergy that they lack whilst proving the role of a pivot, and also to keep threats like Talonflame in check. Heatran is there to break down the otherwise threatening Charizard-Y and Venusaur, whilst crippling down potential attackers that could oppose the duo. Conkeldurr is to tank special hits and absorb status, allowing it to predict Rotom-W and proceed to break down any walls. It also has the ability to lure in Fairies, and Mandibuzz, that Bisharp can start sweeping against. Excadrill is the team's hazard setter and remover, this ability also allows it to lure in Defog users which will be attacked by Bisharp, again. The high physical attack also allows it break down bulky Pokémon like Rotom-W and Aegislash early game, it also gets resistances to Volt-Turn which always helps.

Okay, here goes nothing... (stupid vaporeon sprite...)

Zara...Balin... Randolph........Asha.......Ryder......Nero

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Healing Wish

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
EVs: 132 Spd / 252 Atk / 124 HP
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Stoutland (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Ice Fang
- Wild Charge
- Return
- Superpower

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 6 Atk
30 Sp. Atk
30 Spe
- Defog
- Hidden Power Fire
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball

I gave my special pokemon 0 attack IV's so that (A) Gard and Latios take less damage from foul play (B) So that Vaporeon can win against Mandibuzz if it comes down to stall

Mega Gardevoir = A special wall breaker. base 100 speed is great for wallbreakers, and that 165 special attack screams "USE ME! FORGET SUPPORT SETS!" Which is exactly what I did. I gave M-Gard Psyshock first and foremost, to break down the blobs. Hyper Voice was the obvious stab, and my answer to pokemon behind subs. Will-o-wisp is on predicted switch ins like scizor, or Excadrill. I know I can let Scald handle that, but some threats need to be burned and Gardevoir lures in physical attackers with her weak defense stat. I also gave it healing wish to give second wind to any of my sweepers. I decided not to run an extra coverage move, because well, Thund-T has a better thunderbolt, Focus Blast and Shadow Ball fail to do large amounts of damage to Tyranitar and Aegislash respectively.

Bisharp = I usually run a sub SD bisharp to great success, but, I needed my attackers to hit hard, while leaving it up to my defensive mons to set up the situtations needed for my attackers to take advantage of and gain momentum. Defiant keeps defoggers away, keeping the rocks up. Sub is there to avoid statuses, pressuring pokemon to attack him, making it easier to spam sucker punch.

Hippowdon = Oh yeah, THIS GUY. No but seriously I don't understand why isn't being used more, as he is great this meta. Stealth Rock and Whirlwind to abuse hazards in a pinch, Slack off is obvious, and Earthquake is to smack the steel types that want to hurt Gardevoir.

Vaporeon = With Vaporeon I did something interesting. I invested in its defense AND special defense, as a mixed wall. It's base 130 HP is so mammoth, that defensive investments are more beneficial than HP investments. I gave it a Special Defensive nature however, because that is more beneficial. Water Absorb saves Hippodown, and with Toxic and scald, it can spread a lot of status to help out with that passive rock damage.

Stoutland = I need stoutland to abuse the sand, and also to counter tyranitar, especially mega tyranitar as the dragon dance variant is a monster. With pseudo bolt beam coverage in ice fang and wild charge, I get lots of physical coverage. I chose crunch over return because I use Stoutland as a revenge killer and return isn't super necessary. Sacred Sword doesn't OHKO, but Crunch does >:)

Latios = offensive defog latios, with recover, and two moves, Draco Meteor to nuke, Shadow Ball if Aegislash is still alive and wants to scare me out, and HP fire for scizor or other steel types (minus heatran of course)

CORES:

Physical Attackers: Bisharp is my main attacker, while Stoutland is sent in to revenge things, or to sweep in the sand with Crunch (them defense drops are handy, and few things resist it now, except I think Fairy, dark, and Fighting, which Stoutland doesn't bother with.

Special Attackers: Between M-Gard, and Latios my special coverage is weak, but they're there to punch in holes, and provide secondary support in the form of defog and healing wish.

Defensive mons: Hippodown and Vaporeon are awesome together. Hippo takes the physical, Vap takes the special (he can be physical in a pinch, or against azumarill). Together, they also handle most status. Hippowdon ignores paralysis, Vaporeon doesn't care about burns, and Bisharp is immune to poison. Together they provide a lot of secondary damage through stealth rocks, toxic, and scald burns, so they dish out status well.

Whaddaya think? (I couldn't help but nickname them. They sort of had a middle ages england vibe)

Last edited:
Damn was this a challenge... Let me just say that these two simply do not have a great deal of synergy... Also, if you run into an infernape, you are CHOPPED with that core... But, I decided to do what I do best in team building and I made stall. I'm not sure how bulky offense could be run with this, so I'm interested to see that attempted.

Solid Snake (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail

Gen. Patton (Bisharp) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Anti-Air Jet (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Defense Echelon (Chesnaught) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Hammer Arm

Best Pony (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Ancient Power

Strong Woman (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Hyper Voice
- Protect

This is a stall team that doesn't really let Gard play off of Bisharp or vise versa. The reason is, in practice they both lack the ability to do so unless you wanted to make both of them sweepers coming in on different threats to start. Both are frail as can be in most circumstances (Gard vs physical, Bisharp vs fight/fire/Ground... hits in general). But, there was a similarity between both of them that I saw, and that is that both have a niche on variations of stall. Gardevoir is an impressive Kyurem-black check as well as playing cleric, and bisharp deters hazards from leaving the field as well as providing an endgame.

The team's concept is to start forcing the opponent into residual damage to bother him with rocks. This, in theory, will eventually either cause him to break from residual or die from Bisharp's sweep. It generally ends with Bisharp coming in mid game and decimating when I get that clean switch.

• Heatran is one of the best pivot hazard setters in the game, also counters talonflame for me. Mega Venu/Latios/Volcarona lacking ground moves is hard countered, as is Thundurus-i, Scizor-mega (Can kill Bisharp w/brick break), Mandibuzz, Zapdos and a host of other threats, especially those that can take a shot from Bisharp. Short of physical fight and ground moves in general, there aren't a lot of moves that heatran can't tank and set rocks on. This was useful given the fact that I didn't see a spinner worth using, so I decided to go with a defogger. To then take advantage of Bisharp, I was going to need heatran until I disabled their hazard setter.
  • Skarmory's objective is to wall off mega pinsir, as well as deterring conkeldurr, a huge threat to Bisharp. It also served to clear off my own hazards consistently, even in the face of an enemy bisharp. Taking care of most physical threats in the meta, I could rest easy that most pokemon packing Mach punch would have to knock out skarmory before they could get at Bisharp.
  • Chesnaught was added for his ability to take on Aegislash, who quickly became an issue for Mega Gardevoir, but he also will be able to slaughter off opposing Bisharps, as well as taking any attack move rotom-wash sent his way. Only Will-o-wisp could bother me, and heatran absorbed that with ease. This is one of the better stops to Gyarados-mega as well, allowing me to take any hit and 2hko it, where Mega Gyardos needs two dragon dances and 2 hits from Ice fang to 2hko back.
  • I was having issues with the Charizard-X/Y forms (Bisharp wasn't willing to take either of them before he could get +2 and sucker punch), and so I did a bit of research into counters. Gyarados turned out to be one of the best all around counters for Charizard, as intimidate forced X into a tight spot and Y couldn't get past the special bulk once invested. From there, I could easily phaze them out with dragon tail, or go rest talk if I felt it would benefit me more. He also serves as a great heatran deterrent and dragon counter in general. Surprisingly, he walks all over everything Lando-i tries to do. Landorus-i was going to be a huge threat due to earth power crushing Bisharp. Gyarados also provided my third counter to Conkeldurr... And a decent check to Infernape.
  • Gardevoir has probably been the most disappointing part of this team, but it can't be helped. Gard is the team's cleric, even if the wish bombs aren't all that big. That being said, she does have some upside compared to other clerics... The massive 165 base Special Attack, probably the highest I've ever had on a stall team. The hyper voice pixilate serves one great purpose, and that's ending Kyurem-Black. That thing is insufferable to stall once it gets behind a sub, but it has to get out or die when Gard comes in. Other than that, Gard isn't like Chansey which can come in on most anything and work, but it does have the benefit of forcing the opponent to a limited amount of options that can come in against it, something Chansey can't say. This is a fairly standard cleric set that does round out fight issues, and can be a great counter to raging dragons.
  • Bisharp is the team's late game cleaner. He waits for the opponent to show some greed to get rid of those rocks I keep up and comes in to take the boost and run with it. He does have issues with Mandibuzz, Skarmory (if WW) and a full health max Defense zapdos (rare) as defoggers, but other than that not only punishes the defogger, but can sweep. max speed just lets me outrun stuff like Rotom-wash and heatran who otherwise could end a sweep a bit earlier than needed. Even if he just gets the hazard remover, and maybe part of his check, he's generally done enough for me to exploit pressure by keeping the rocks up and forcing more switches. On games without defog, I simply let him come in clean and set a SD instead.

Last edited:
Damn was this a challenge... Let me just say that these two simply do not have a great deal of synergy... Also, if you run into an infernape, you are CHOPPED with that core... But, I decided to do what I do best in team building and I made stall. I'm not sure how bulky offense could be run with this, so I'm interested to see that attempted.

Solid Snake (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail

Gen. Patton (Bisharp) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Anti-Air Jet (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Defense Echelon (Chesnaught) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Hammer Arm

Best Pony (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Ancient Power

Strong Woman (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Hyper Voice
- Protect

This is a stall team that doesn't really let Gard play off of Bisharp or vise versa. The reason is, in practice they both lack the ability to do so unless you wanted to make both of them sweepers coming in on different threats to start. Both are frail as can be in most circumstances (Gard vs physical, Bisharp vs fight/fire/Ground... hits in general). But, there was a similarity between both of them that I saw, and that is that both have a niche on variations of stall. Gardevoir is an impressive Kyurem-black check as well as playing cleric, and bisharp deters hazards from leaving the field as well as providing an endgame.

The team's concept is to start forcing the opponent into residual damage to bother him with rocks. This, in theory, will eventually either cause him to break from residual or die from Bisharp's sweep. It generally ends with Bisharp coming in mid game and decimating when I get that clean switch.

• Heatran is one of the best pivot hazard setters in the game, also counters talonflame for me. Mega Venu/Latios/Volcarona lacking ground moves is hard countered, as is Thundurus-i, Scizor-mega (Can kill Bisharp w/brick break), Mandibuzz, Zapdos and a host of other threats, especially those that can take a shot from Bisharp. Short of physical fight and ground moves in general, there aren't a lot of moves that heatran can't tank and set rocks on. This was useful given the fact that I didn't see a spinner worth using, so I decided to go with a defogger. To then take advantage of Bisharp, I was going to need heatran until I disabled their hazard setter.
  • Skarmory's objective is to wall off mega pinsir, as well as deterring conkeldurr, a huge threat to Bisharp. It also served to clear off my own hazards consistently, even in the face of an enemy bisharp. Taking care of most physical threats in the meta, I could rest easy that most pokemon packing Mach punch would have to knock out skarmory before they could get at Bisharp.
  • Chesnaught was added for his ability to take on Aegislash, who quickly became an issue for Mega Gardevoir, but he also will be able to slaughter off opposing Bisharps, as well as taking any attack move rotom-wash sent his way. Only Will-o-wisp could bother me, and heatran absorbed that with ease. This is one of the better stops to Gyarados-mega as well, allowing me to take any hit and 2hko it, where Mega Gyardos needs two dragon dances and 2 hits from Ice fang to 2hko back.
  • I was having issues with the Charizard-X/Y forms (Bisharp wasn't willing to take either of them before he could get +2 and sucker punch), and so I did a bit of research into counters. Gyarados turned out to be one of the best all around counters for Charizard, as intimidate forced X into a tight spot and Y couldn't get past the special bulk once invested. From there, I could easily phaze them out with dragon tail, or go rest talk if I felt it would benefit me more. He also serves as a great heatran deterrent and dragon counter in general. Surprisingly, he walks all over everything Lando-i tries to do. Landorus-i was going to be a huge threat due to earth power crushing Bisharp. Gyarados also provided my third counter to Conkeldurr... And a decent check to Infernape.
  • Gardevoir has probably been the most disappointing part of this team, but it can't be helped. Gard is the team's cleric, even if the wish bombs aren't all that big. That being said, she does have some upside compared to other clerics... The massive 165 base Special Attack, probably the highest I've ever had on a stall team. The hyper voice pixilate serves one great purpose, and that's ending Kyurem-Black. That thing is insufferable to stall once it gets behind a sub, but it has to get out or die when Gard comes in. Other than that, Gard isn't like Chansey which can come in on most anything and work, but it does have the benefit of forcing the opponent to a limited amount of options that can come in against it, something Chansey can't say. Other than that, this is a fairy standard cleric set that does round out fight issues, and can be a great counter to raging dragons.
  • Bisharp is the team's late game cleaner. He waits for the opponent to show some greed to get rid of those rocks I keep up and comes in to take the boost and run with it. He does have issues with Mandibuzz, Skarmory (if WW) and a full health max Defense zapdos (rare) as defoggers, but other than that not only punishes the defogger, but can sweep. max speed just lets me outrun stuff like Rotom-wash and heatran who otherwise could end a sweep a bit earlier than needed. Even if he just gets the hazard remover, and maybe part of his check, he's generally done enough for me to exploit pressure by keeping the rocks up and forcing more switches. On games without defog, I simply let him come in clean and set a SD instead.
Stall is daunting. Nice build. One question. Why does gyarados have 0 IV's in attack?

I have to agree with Ajwf that these two don't have much synergy (Bisharp is afraid of fighting types that gard 4x resists but gard's physical defense is soooooo bad) I decided to go for Deosharp but with Accelgor instead of Deoxys-S as I feel he adds a lot of fast utility with fast yawn phasing and fast encores that punish set up sweepers and stealth rockers. I like to think this team is a pretty balanced offensive team and that I have some good, novel ideas in it.

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spd
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Encore
- U-turn
- Yawn

I decided to go with a regular offensive Bisharp but with Sub instead of SD because Sub turns SD bisharp counters (fast fighting/ground mons and burns) into non threats and allows me to draw them in and destroy them, also sub+sucker punch is a great combo for obvious reasons. Mega Gardevior is a offensive set with Healing Wish mostly for Zygarde who is decently bulky with his DD set and can definitely survive to receive a second chance at a sweep. Rotom-W fills a lot of holes in this team especially Gards steel weakness and Heatrans ground weakness not excactly creative but Chesto-resto makes a good status sponge too. (Switched to TrickScarf Rotom-W) Heatran sets up rocks and walls things with toxic+protect stalling he's my special wall and as always complements Rotom-W well.

Zygarde is incredible in combination with Accelgor, at first I thought this was gonna be AccelSharp but it turned out to be Accelgarde. Accelgor excels at both setting up spikes, ruining set up sweeps with encore (outspeeds +1 max speed DD-nite by one point), or phasing with yawn. U-turn allows me to slow turn and if the opponent stays while yawned or encored then Zygarde gets to set up for free and ruin a team with his boosted speed and power combined with excellent bulk. This combo is easily my favorite and best part of this team.

Edit: Switched from Chestoresto to TrickScarf Rotom-Wash with a mixed defensive spread. Healing Wish is more useful for healing up Rotom-W than Zygarde as Zygarde doesn't really want to switch out, and Trickscarf Rotom-W is great for crippling Defensive switch-ins.

Edit2: Switched Iron Head for Swords Dance as just Sub didn't get the power I needed out of Bisharp.

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Right, here's my submission.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Toxic

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spd
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psyshock

Explanation

So, the starting point of this team was obviously Gardevoir + Bisharp. A solid choice in my opinion, as together they share nice synergy, and they do a decent job in removing each other's checks (Mega Gardevoir easily beats Conkeldurr and Mega Venusaur, while Bisharp wears down Gardevoir's checks very nicely with SD + Knock Off). So to keep the nice offensive synergy flowing, I decided to add Specs Keldeo into the mix, as Keldeo, Bisharp, and Gardevoir all work well together really nicely. Keldeo muscles through sturdy physical walls that could otherwise take on Bisharp (Quagsire, Skarmory, Gliscor, etc), while Gardevoir easily beats Venusaur and Latias / Goodra, that commonly counter Keldeo.

So looking at these three Pokemon, the biggest weaknesses I saw where Fairy types (mainly Azumarill), and Talonflame. Fairy types could easily spam their attacks with little drawbacks, and I didn't have a solid switch in, where as Talonflame can easily beat all of my Pokemon one on one, so they were both problems. I also needed Stealth Rock, so my next choice was Heatran. Heatran provided me with a solid switch into most Fairy types (bar Azumarill), as well as a solid check to Talonflame. Heatran also provides crucial support for this team in the form of Stealth Rock.

So I think the team is starting to come together at this point, but I think adding Heatran into the team made me decide that this was going to be more of a balanced kind of team. There were still a few things that I hadn't covered yet, mainly Azumarill and Mega Pinsir. This made me decide to add Rotom-W into the team, as it's just an incredible "glue" Pokemon, and holds the team together really nicely.

At this point I couldn't really see any weaknesses with the team that stood out. Since nothing really jumped out at me as a threat, I decided to base my final team slot on the synergy it shares with the rest of the team. The biggest thing that jumped out to me was the lack of hazards control, which is really needed in this metagame, so I needed either a Rapid Spinner or a Defog user. I was put off from using Skarmory or Mandibuzz, as it just adds to the Electric type weakness, so I tried out Latias, but it just allowed Azumarill to switch in easily for free and 2HKO my switch in (if they predicted correctly). So I replaced Latias with Mew.

Overall I think the team has great synergy, and it's done pretty well on the ladder so far, although that doesn't indicate too much about how good it is 9.9

Importable
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 236 Spd / 56 HP / 216 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 29 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Recover

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ancient Power
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Explanation
I obviously started with the mandatory Bisharp and Mega Gard core. Heatran was then added to sponge special attacks and is my stealth rock setter. Heatran almost guarantees Scizor and Mawile don't decimate my team. (Barring CB Superpower Scizor and Max Speed +2 Knock Off Mawile) I realized the team was weak to ground so I added Rotom-W, gen VI's lovely bulky washing machine. Chesto Rest to recover in a pinch, the evs maintain bulk while outspeeding jolly Azumarill. It's also great against the tiers flying types. Talonflame was added after but I realized the team had problems with Rotom-W, Skarmory, Heatran and others. Kyurem-b has no problem handling those pokemon and when played right is deadly behind a sub. Finally I needed someone to clear hazards that isn't weak to fighting and can hold its own, so I added Latios.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)