Other OU Teambuilding Competition Round 5 [Entries OPEN See Post #294]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OU Team Building Competition

Hey everyone. This is a new project Gary2346 and I will be running and updating weekly. Let me explain how it works briefly and then we can get started. It was run last generation by Remedy and George Eliot, and it was received really well. So with a new generation the project could be done and again.

Teambuilding is a really important part of the game. It rewards creativity and intelligence, unlike actual battling which rewards luck and mindless offense; which is why I felt like the Overused forum could use a new teambuilding game. Past CCAT threads are cool but they fall down in trying to get us to cooperate, basically. Therefore, I'm throwing cooperation out the window. Here's how it works.

Every round, Gary2346 and I will be picking a core of two Pokémon. Then you clever teambuilders go away and then come back with a completed team. Once entries are closed, the community will vote on which user's team was the most innovative and well put together, the winner gets the honour of having their name and entry immortalised in this original post, and then we move on to the next round. Hopefully we can also get some good discussion going during the process about the teams submitted and the core itself.

Rules

- Entry Submission: Okay, a team importable in HIDE tags coupled with a description of your teambuilding process is the minimum here. Pictures are really helpful.

- Disputes / Copying: Obviously, there is potential for disputes over copying or people making similar entries. In general, if your team entry has the same Pokémon and similar movesets to an earlier entry, it will be disqualified. If anyone tries to abuse this by reserving an early post in the thread for their entry, please bring it to my attention and they'll be disqualified.

- Discussion and Team Changes: One part of the process is to have discussion about the teams and the core. While I'd like to keep this from being a speedy RMT thread, suggestions of improvements to entered teams are allowed. In the interests of fairness though, I'd ask that any suggestions don't involve anything more major than moveset changes, and that if you've already submitted a team you won't change the Pokémon in it. Basically, just be sure that you're happy with the team before you post.

- No Bandwagoning : Simple rule: try to not support someone simply because you recognized his nick or because he/she has a shiny trophy.

- Users who won a round will have their vote's value doubled.

Time for an example. Say the two Pokémon chosen are Genesect and Charizard Y. An entry should look like:

Sample Team

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Genesect @ Choice Band
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

/sample explanation - So when I built this team I wanted to build around Charizard Y since its a really great Pokemon in this meta game. From there I added Genesect for the momentum it brings to allow charizard to come in safely. With a Choice band Genesect can also served as a revenge killer and a late game cleaner with Extreme Speed against weakened team. Latias was added be a bulky defogger to keep rocks of the field for Charizrd and a Keldeo check. At this point I had a weakness to Aegislash and strong physical attacker so adding Hippowdon was a good fit to handle those threats. Rotom-W was added to cover Talonflame, Mega Pinsir and Azumarill. Lastly Aegislash was added since I needed a good steel type that would be able to check Latias and Latios.

Hall of Fame

Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 164 HP / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Bisharp (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Balance slow team around Reuniclus OTR + Mega-Heracross, Reuniclus is key against more offensive teams with Hidden Power Fire lures Genesect/Scizor. Sub Focus Punch Mega Heracross is key to break another balance and stall teams because the rest of the team lacks of potential to break more defensive teams. Landorus-T is the Stealth Rock user of the team core with pivot Rotom-W like defensive bulky core kinda standard, Bisharp AV helps to check stuff like Latios, Latios or Kyurem-B, also kill with Pursuit Aegislash which walls Mega-Heracross and Reuniclus, finally Latios the defogger of the team, another water resist to check stuff like Keldeo, Manaphy or Thundurus.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 Def / 248 HP / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 Atk
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

EVs: 252 Atk / 92 HP / 164 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

The core proposed is exactly what i used for a week, then i directly post my team here.
  • Gardevoir, it used as a fast special sweeper, calm mind has been removed because i got difficulties to find niches where using it, moreover it leave me with a lack of coverage, focus blast is mainly for heatran, shadow ball for aegisash, and psyshock psychic for mega venusaur... Note for all pokemons listed before and most of bulky ones, those attacks will 2HKO them as i have to predict their switch or to be full life.
  • Bisharp is here as a bulky trapper, it is able to take hits from lati@s, greninja, and hardly awnser or pursuit them. It losts its ability of OHKO aegislah, however i have no pokemon particuraly weak to aegislash, but garchomp once locked on a bad move.
  • Landorus-T work with rotom-W to form a well known core, walling most of physical threats as talonflamme, pinsir, azumaril, ... and give precious niche for my sweepers thanks to a good volturn. Also, landorus is able to put stealth rock, and weaken some stallers.
  • Rotom-W, nothing to say interesting, comon Evs spread, moveset, huge check for so many things ...
  • Garchomp is used as a scarfer. With a 102 BS speed it can outspeed char-X or volcarona after one dance, it also check chard-Y as being able to take one or two hits without dying. It can revenge kill everything which don't use scarf but deoxys-S if it has a positive nature.
  • Manaphy Keldeo comes here as a stall breaker, it takes more benefits from the core than manaphy, moreover it can manage stall team as a devil if venusaur is not there, the same venusaur which have trouble with gardevoir. It is also a good check for other calm minder which can't take boosted physical hits (secret sword).
Not an original team, but a one which works well, checking bigest threats in the meta and have few issues.

Issues :

• (Fixed with Keldeo) One threat i had difficulties to manage is Landorus as it OHKO/2HKO all my mons. Hopefuly i can easly revenge killing it and use of switch smartly to manage it. But, if i miss luck or if it comes in the end game, i can have actual problems.
  • (Fixed with Keldeo) An other thing i have difficulties to manage is Chansey, walling gardevoir even with psyshock, taking around 50% from a +6 manaphy surf !!!. If i don't succeed to knock off the eviolite, i'm in trouble.
  • In the row, Stall Teams are difficult ro manage too by the fact they carry the skarmory+chansey core and can set up several layers of spikes.
Replays :
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-89813003 (no need of defoger/rapid spinner)

Edit :
-Added replays part
-Removed manaphy for keldeo
-Removed psychock (gardevoir) for psychic
-Updated the importable
Suck it Thundy :]

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Tail Glow

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 208 Spd / 252 Atk / 48 HP
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

EVs: 164 Def / 252 HP / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SDef / 152 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

This team is focused on a Manaphy sweep, with Scizor possibly being able to clean up late-game depending on team matchup, with particular focus on dealing with Thundurus and Garchomp, which I saw as being two of the biggest threats to the core. Thundurus can outspeed and OHKO Manaphy and Dragonite with LO Thunderbolt and HP Ice, respectively, and cannot 100% be KOed by Banded Extremespeed even after Stealth Rock. Without Lefties, Manaphy can easily be worn down, making it easy for Garchomp to come in and Outrage/EQ for a KO, and ti can obviously take out Dragonite. With this in mind, I set out to build my team. Manaphy is the ultimate lure for the team, being able to take out Mega Venusaur AND Thundurus, two major threats to the team in general (Mega Venusaur can be taken out by many of my Pokemon, but it usually finds itself on stall, which can simply switch to Skarmory to avoid taking damage). Banded Dragonite seemed like a better choice for the team than DD because breaking walls was more important than having an extra sweeper. The next two slots were dedicated to taking down fast, powerful physical attackers such as Garchomp and Mega Pinsir, which otherwise can be very troublesome. These two form a cool double Intimidate VoltTurn core, which also makes it easier for me to get setup opportunities for Manaphy and Scizor. Mega Manectric also makes for a fantastic revenge killer, outspeeding most of the tier and revenge killing things such as Greninja, Charuzard-Y, and (Mega-)Gyarados. Latias was added because the team didn't really have a good switch-in for Charizard-Y, Keldeo, Thundurus, or Rotom-W, and Latias can do all of those things while also providing the team with Defog support. Also, because Manaphy has no Leftovers recovery and simultaneously wants to lure threats early-game and sweep late-game, I chose Healing Wish > Roost so that Manaphy or even Scizor could have a second chance at cleaning up the opponent's team. At this point, the team was mostly weak to Pokemon like Latios and Latias, which can come in on Manaphy or Dragonite on the revenge kill and then something dies. At first I had Banded Scizor, but I didn't like not having another win condition, and Band got worn now too easily. Instead, I went with a bulky SD set, which can Roost off damage from repeated Draco meteors, making it an all around better check to the Lati twins.

Stannis Baratheon (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SDef
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Joffrey Lannister (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- King's Shield

Cersei Lannister (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SDef
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Khal Drogo (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance

Melissandre (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Khaleesi (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance

With the initial core, balance or Semi-Stall would be the best options. The overall idea is fairly simple, I weaken things up with Manaphy to set up sweeps for Zard X. Hippowdon was added because it has good synergy with Zard X and checks a lot of different things that can be annoying to this team. I don't have Sand Stream because it interferes with Clefable's Moonlight and I want the recovery for it. The EV spread is actually Molk's spread that avoids the 2HKO from CB Talonflame with the rest in SpDef to be a good mixed wall. Latias acts as my Keldeo, Zard Y and Thundurus-I check while defogging for Zard. The EV spread does give me a Life Orb number while avoiding being 2HKOed by something but I don't remember what that exactly what.

Clefable is a great asset for this team as with cleric for Charizard who can get poisoned or Thunder Waved while sweeping. Helps a lot when I face Tyranitars or Hippowdons who can switch into Manaphy on a predicted Rest to remove Rain.

SubToxic Aegislash is a great fit for this team since I can Toxic things like Mandibuzz, Hippowdown and anything I find to be annoying. This allows me to wear down specific checks and counters to set up a sweep for either Manaphy and Charizard. Last but not least, Rain Dance Manaphy. This set is just so much fun and truly shines against balance and stall teams since they all struggle to stop it from sweeping. After using this set, I know understand why this thing was banned last generation, its just such a monster under rain.

Last edited:

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
FIRST ROUND:

Reuniclus and Mega Heracross

+

Reuniclus has always been well known for being one of the most anti-meta Pokemon in OU, and it's not hard to see why. The offensive Trick Room set is capable of tearing offensive teams apart by using their Speed against them and preying on their fragility with its powerful LO boosted coverage moves. Its Calm Mind set is heralded for being one of the best stall breakers in the game thanks to its Magic Guard ability, insane bulk, and reliable recovery.

Mega Heracross is one of the best wallbreakers in the tier because of its insane coverage, incredible power, and decent bulk, allowing it to bust through the plethora of bulky Pokemon in the tier with ease. It's one of the few Pokemon in the OU tier that can be considered almost impossible to switch into, because between Close Combat, Pin Missile, Rock Blast, Earthquake, and Bullet Seed, Mega Heracross has all the correct tools to break down nearly every defensive core imaginable. Swords Dance is icing on the cake, letting it boost its Attack stat to obscenely high levels in order to muscle past even the bulkiest of Pokemon.

You have exactly 5 days from when this is posted to post a well built team that uses this core. Make sure to explain how this core benefits the team, and how each of the other members are able to abuse this core to its maximum potential. Testing the team beforehand is highly recommended, and is pretty much required in order to build the best team.

Entries are due by Friday, February 14th.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 60 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

My team is a bulky offensive team that utilizes Heracross's skills as a wallbreaker to set up a late-game Reuniclus sweep. I decided to use CM Reuniclus over OTR Reuniclus because Trick Room is often difficult to pull off: If Reuniclus dies while TR is up and you aren't using slow partners, then it can be detrimental for the team, while if it is on a dedicated TR team and it dies before TR is up, then your slower Pokemon have a hard time sweeping on their own. Calm Mind Reuniclus is also great against stall teams, and it can easily find opportunities to set up thanks to its bulk. The fact that it can't be worn down by Toxic is a godsend for any bulky sweeper, and Reuniclus really appreciated this. After a few Calm Minds, Aegislash can't even counter it, as its Shadow Ball won't do much and Reuniclus can simply use Psychic, waiting for it to go into Blade forme, as Shadow Sneak can't break through it either. Then I just used standard Mega Heracross with some HP investment as I found the extra Speed was often unnecessary. I am not using Close Combat on this set, as I find Earthquake to be sufficient against most Steel-types, and after a Swords Dance, Air Balloon Heatran is hard-pressed to switch in on a Rock Blast. I have a Scarf Landorus-T to help deal with Aegislash and Scizor, with Knock Off because Knock Off is just insanely good in this metagame, while Rotom-W forms a VoltTurn core with Landorus-T, and also beats Talonflame, Gliscor, and Pinsir, who all counter Heracross. I needed a way of removing hazards, and I went straight for Starmie since Analytic is great; it also checks Gliscor and Landorus-T well. I use Hidden Power Fire as a lure for Scizor and non-Scarfed Genesect, to surprise them before they U-turn, which is insanely helpful for Reuniclus. I then needed 3 things: An SR setter for problematic things like Talonflame, which stops Mega Heracross cold, some sort of Defog bait for that Stealth Rock for teams with Talonflame and Mega Pinsir paired with Defoggers, and something to trouble bulky Psychic-types that Reuniclus can't break through, specifically after Mega Heracross is dead and can't use Pin Missile. SR Bisharp is really underrated, most teams expect a Sucker Punch or a Knock Off, and then switch out, giving heaps of SR opportunities. This also is great because Bisharp can either Knock Off or SR on predicted switch-outs. It is, of course, Defiant bait, so I didn't include SD for this reason. There you have it :]

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Serious Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Toxic

Hydreigon (F) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

So there are two ways I could sweep with Heracross: Trick room or thunder wave support. Unfortunately, covering threats in OU through balanced would require less psychics than TR wants and Reun had Twave access. I wanted to focus this team around equalizing threats through status. The issue then became opponent heal bells and Electric/Ground types. To counter electric types (and talonflame), I added Hippowdon. Pinsir-mega and ground type moves are countered Skarmory. Clefable/Reuniculus are a pivot MG core focusing on spreading TWaves. Hydregion comes in to counter bisharp and on predicted Shadow ball aegi turns (on predicted sacred sword turns, I can go into Hippowdon and then to Hydregion). General plan for lucario-mega is to Paralyze it through reuniculus as it sets up and then wreck it with hippowdon. Genesect is an issue, but I solve mixed special attackers mostly through Clefable and band through hippowdon/skarmory.

Mega Heracross is able to come in once I get most of the targets para'd and rotom/thundy-i removed. I remove rotom through Reun battling it and Thundyi falls to hippowdon's rock tomb. If I can, I try to slow the target through rock tomb before dying to produce an outspeed as Heracross comes in, instantly allowing me numerous options. Biggest threats are Thundy and rotom's statuses, so I try to fix that by Guts hera. If I come in and get destroyed prematurely, Clefable can cleric off the status. So that's just about the whole concept.

Will you be giving feedback on some teams? I would love to try this and learn more about team building! That said not gonna read any posts which may cause my mind to focus on wrong things.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Will you be giving feedback on some teams? I would love to try this and learn more about team building! That said not gonna read any posts which may cause my mind to focus on wrong things.
Yes we will be giving feedback on teams, and other players are allowed to do the same.

Wicked cool thread! I think the interesting challenge regarding underused threats like M-Heracross and Reuniclus will be composing teams that truly play to their strengths, rather than merely trying to patch up the weaknesses that make them generally 'outclassed' or at least less eminently viable than, say, M-Pinsir and M-Zard Y, respectively. IMO, the ideal team (in keeping with the spirit of the competition) should have no apparent 'better choice' over the two star pokemon.

Initial thoughts on the core... both of these mons are pretty solid at pulling their own weight, not caring too badly about SR and threatening most of the metagame with their nukes; both can act as either bulky wallbreakers with solid coverage or set-up sweepers requiring some support. I'm probably going to try to work backwards from OTR Reuniclus to build a team, since it strikes me as the more difficult one to build around in a manner that makes it irreplaceable and effective. Probably a sweeper who requires the assassination of mega venusaur would be a good place to start

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
This looks really interesting! I think I'll create a team also. My general idea is to use the core and 4 tanks/walls. The tanks/walls eliminate all of either Heracross' or Reuniclus' checks and counters, and then the one who's checks/counters are removed sweeps. I'll post later with my team, after I've tried it out.

Last edited:
I feel like George should probably get more credit (if they're even still around) for writing practically all the OP lol. Anyway I might have a go at this, at least while the metagame still has room to move.

*Reuniclus + Heracross get cool animations because they're special.

lord goop (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

corpse (Heracross) @ Heracronite
EVs: 232 Spd / 252 Atk / 24 HP
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

ggengar (Tyranitar) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

anthrow (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Spd
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]

cate (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 16 Atk / 248 HP / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

i!!! never!!! die!!! (Trevenant) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 16 Def / 244 HP / 248 SDef
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Protect

**please keep the nicknames if testing with.

Reuniclus is a very powerful Pokemon, honestly. After one Calm Mind, it becomes so bulky on both sides, and it can't even be worn down at all thanks to Magic Guard. Recover is just the icing on the cake, keeping it alive throughout the battle, and between Psyshock and Focus Blast, it hits everything in the tier neutrally/SE besides Sableye, which can be handled by other members on my team. Reuniclus has issues with Tyranitar, so Mega-Heracross covers this weakness very well, so, I'll explain Mega-Heracross next. Mega-Heracross is ferocious, really, and it only has one huge issue: Speed. This is mitigated with Sticky Web, but it isn't guaranteed, but I kept Sticky Web in mind while making this team. Mega-Heracross only needs 232 Speed, as this is enough to outspeed everything in the tier, for those wondering, it outspeeds 252+ Base 130s after Sticky Web. I was going to invest enough to outspeed Mega-Manectric, however, it needs 252+, as 252 is outspeed by just one measly point. So, I just dumped the rest into bulk. I was thinking of many different sets with Mega-Heracross, from SubPunch, to 4-Move Attacker, to even running Sub+3 Attacks. I decided on Swords Dance, as Mega-Heracross cause so many switches, it's just crazy. Aegislash is considered one of the best counters to Mega-Heracross, but even 252/252+ is OHKO'ed in Shield form with Knock Off, hence the reason to run it. The rest about Mega-Heracross is very standard, so I'll get onto the next Pokemon - Tyranitar. Tyranitar covers Mega-Heracross' weakness to Talonflame, while also adding immediate Special bulk to my team. This Tyranitar set is very standard, so I won't go too in-depth. By now, I was starting to see that I had a huge Mega-Pinsir weakness, along with a Greninja weakness. Greninja however, can only 3HKO Tyranitar after Stealth Rock, so Tyranitar can handle Greninja at full health. Mega-Pinsir however, was becoming an issue. I decided to put off the Mega-Pinsir issue for now and just get onto my Sticky Webbing. Galvantula truly adds nothing to my team synergy-wise, but Sticky Web is very useful. Galvantula is very standard, I'm not really going to explain it too in-depth. Landorus-Therian was the answer to all my problems. It handles Mega-Pinsir and Talonflame with ease, along with providing the Stealth Rock my team needs. U-Turn to pivot is just too dang good, keeping up momentum is very helpful to bring in my sweepers unharmed. I just absolutely love Knock Off, the more the merrier! After looking at my general team, it has a very huge Water-type weakness. I also needed a spinblocker, so there were two options for this job that suited my needs: Gourgeist or Trevenant. I picked Trevenant because honestly, I just don't like Gourgeist. Trevenant never dies, hence the name. It is so surprisingly bulky, and I can't tell you how many times this happens: Get to ~20% -> Sitrus Berry -> Harvest -> Sitrus berry again -> Leech Seed -> Repeat, this happens and it is so common. Will-O-Wisp also provides solid physical crippling all around and has been very useful so far! Horn Leech is honestly never even used, as Taunt isn't even that much of a problem for me, but it is pathetically weak, so. So, yeah, this is my team. The common problems I've found with it are Sableye, as it can Will-O-Wisp everything, and the one thing that doesn't mind is usually dead and can't even do anything to it. I just hope to never run into it. The only other common problem is Mega-Pinsir after Landorus-Therian is gone. But besides that I can generally handle most of each other's issues.

D-D-Did you like my team Gary2346 (you don't actually have to respond <3)

Last edited:
An attempt at capitalizing on OTR's niche as a big blobby midgame pseudo-sweeper against offensive teams (as well as being a cold stop Mega Venusaur), allowing for a Nasty Plot cleanup from Thundurus-I or further holepunching from slower threats who appreciate their checks weakened by fast flying Psychics, Shadow Balls and Focus Blasts.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 192 HP / 64 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 252 Atk / 192 HP / 64 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 HP / 92 Spd / 164 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Aegislash @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit

OTR Reuniclus and wallbreaker Mega Heracross make a great compliment to Nasty Plot Thundurus, an underrated sweeper who needs Mega Venusaur and special walls broken down before it can muscle through teams with it's great speed, power and coverage. It's sweeps are also hindered by revenge kills from Greninja and Ice Punch Conkeldurr (both checked nicely by Heracross). While very strong and consistent, the team benefits from the fact that a Thundurus sweep isn't necessary to succeed, since all the team members hit so goddamn hard even without boosts. Heracross and Reuniclus play well off each other, since Reuniclus makes a great status absorber for M-Hera--who must be one of the biggest burn-magnets around--and it can beat/set up TR on Heracross's few defensive checks. From here I needed one or two dedicated physical defenders to check Scarf Garchomp, Ground types and Flying types without unnecessarily endangering Thundurus. A classic Rotom-W/Landorus-T defensive pivot core fits this role perfectly, providing rocks, burn, and slow and safe entry for the wallbreaking core of Reuniclus and Heracross. Finally, one of the biggest concerns with OTR Reuniclus outside a dedicated Trick Room team is that should Reuniclus expire or be forced out before TR's effects wrap up, it can prove a liability for faster members hoping to come in afterward. This is partly mitigated by Mega Heracross's, whose own low speed can allow him to basically continue Reuniclus's all-out attacking spree, but I wanted a more consistent abuser, and incidentally needed a Steel type to murder Fairies and check Lati@s and Starmie, all huge problems for the team. Thus you have THE CRUMBLER, one of Aegislash's deadliest sets. I eschewed King's Shield for Pursuit, since longevity is not a concern and the threats I need it to check, while very important, are limited in number and guaranteed to die to Pursuit. And in the event that it gets to abuse Trick Room, Aegislash becomes one of the most terrifying wallbreakers to face.

Lancelot (Tyranitar) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

The Beast (Heracross) (M) @ Heracronite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Bullet Seed

Morgana (Trevenant) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech

Merlin (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball

Mordred (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Gawain (Claydol) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock

My first thought when given MHeracross and Reuniclus was a Trick Room team. I was planning on using SD MHera but in the interest of preserving TR turns not spent on setting up he is instead an all out attacker. Reuniclus is the offensive Trick Room variant of course. Trevenant was added as a secondary TR setter, and has Will-O-Wisp to debuff physical attackers that give my Specially bulky team trouble. Horn Leech + Leech Seed + Sitrus are used for recovery to let it stick around longer than my other setters who lack recovery. Crawdaunt os another TR abuser who can sling around Knock Offs and resists the Ghost and Dark types that plague Reuniclus and Trevenant and the Fire types that give Heracross and Trevenant trouble. Tyranitar does the same as well as hitting Fliers who may wish to target Heracross and is given cover from Fighters by Reuniclus, whose Magic Guard immunizes it to Sand. Claydol takes the last spot as I needed hazard removal and a tertiary TR setter and it does both while also being immune to Sand. Heracross defeats the Grass types that trouble Claydol, Crawdaunt, and Tyranitar and Ice types that plague Trevenant and Claydol.

Jaiho

bandy legged troll

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 92 Spd / 252 Atk / 164 HP
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast

Genesect @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Flamethrower

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

The first thing I put on my team was M-Heracross, since I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. Its great movepool and massive attack just scream bulky wall breaker, so that is exactly what I did. Dual STAB + psuedo EdgeQuake gives it amazing coverage that is nigh unwallable. Knowing that M-Hera does extremely well vs. stall and more defensively oriented teams, I chose Reuniclus' OTR set over the ultimate stallbreaker CM set to face more speedy, offensive teams. Looking at this core, flying types, most notably Talonflame, pose an immense threat to this team. Stealth Rock would be very beneficial for this as well, and alsoto help the core achieve the KOs they need. For that reason, I chose SpDef Heatran in my third slot, as it hard walls many threats like Genesect and the aforementioned Talonflame. Looking at half a team now, I realized that unless Trick Room is up, fast and powerful threats like the Zard's, Garchomp, Landorus-I, Keldeo, and Manaphy walk all over me. Thundurus-I was a natural choice, since it can fire off T-waves to cripple setup sweepers, as well as being mad powerful itself. Here I faced a problem. I wanted a physically defensive 'mon to complement Heatran, a Defogger/Spinner to keep Thundy's survivability up, priority because priority, a Volturner to bring in M-Heracross safely, and another powerful, possibly choiced attacker. Banded Genesect fit the last three criteria easily, since it brings in threats like Heatran and M-Venu that Megacross smashes. The physically defensive Defogger was the only role I had left, and I toggled between Skarm and Mandibuzz for quite a bit, eventually settling on Skarm due to less of a rocks weakness and its ability to check Mamoswine, who would otherwise be a big pain for this team. Thats really all I have to say. Thanks for checking out my team.

Megagoodraggon, I suggest finding a way to put in a bug resist, as you are woefully weak to it right now. In fact, nothing on that team has the slightest chance to stop a genesect from doing whatever it wants to. And outside of TR, you're not even close to fast enough to stop him.

Megagoodraggon, I suggest finding a way to put in a bug resist, as you are woefully weak to it right now. In fact, nothing on that team has the slightest chance to stop a genesect from doing whatever it wants to. And outside of TR, you're not even close to fast enough to stop him.
D'oh, very true. Crawdaunt, TTar, Reuniclus and Claydol are all bug weak while only Mega Heracross resists it and only TTar has SE STAB. However, Tyranitar can live a Bug Buzz or Flash Cannon and use Fire Blast on Gene, but U-Turn shenanigans would tear holes in this team. maybe if he's banned we can overlook it xD

Anyway the ideal fix would be Crawdaunt-->Azumarill but it's too late now, next week I won't make such a rookie mistake xD

Sorry for my pitiful english, but this is the team i built
Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Recover

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

• The main Heracross issues are his quite low speed and its x4 fly weakness; Zapdos is here to cover both of them. Fisrt of all it checks very well pinsir, and then he can pass a x2 speed boost to herracross who enjoys it. So herracross will become a very threatening fast sweeper who will be able to make rampage in most OU offensive teams played.

• Reuniclus is here as a wall breaker as it'll can easly seting up and threatening every non phaser stalls.That includes for instance heracross' counters like Gliscor. The choice of focus blast is mainly made for the tyranitar issue, and could be justified by the fact aegislash could be checked by Zapdos/Heatran/Bisharp.

• Heatran and Heracross have near perfect defensive synergy. Moreover heatran checks talonflamme very well and is able to set up the stealth rock which are realy usefull for preventing treats such as Pinsir, talonflamme, staraptor switch in too easly. Last, heatran can check many fast special attackers like latios and complete well the lack of coverage leave by latias.

• Latias is here to support the team. Its dragon type gives it few usefull resistance as fire and water and it has a pretty good bulk. If i choose it instead of an assault vest goodra for instance, it is for its ability to check fast treats like keldeo, charizard or landorus and can revenge killing. The support added that way is also nice for the team : Defog if it's needed to remove entry hazards, Healing wish to get back a weakened pokemon. However, latias is threatened by pursuit's users and aegislash. That last one may be a big issue to the team even if zapdos or heatran can manage it. Here the bisharp's job appears.

• With Bisharp in the team, it beccomes easier to manage aegislash, it's also able to keep the stealth rock on the opposite side thanks to defiant. Moreover it can weaken a lot of mons that will be killed more easly by heracross after. It's sucker punch is also interesting as it can severly hit fast mons which can be an issue otherway. Black glasses are crucial, as they allow bisharp OHKOing aegisalsh most of the time (68% with SR damage, 38% without), of course life orb should get better damage but keeping its HP allow bisharp to switch by less caring how much HP remains it.

ISSUES :

• A big issue is Genesect as it overspeed nearly all the team. Latias can't hit it enought and is threaten back by a terrifying U-turn. To manage Genesect, it's needed weaken it with stealth rock and hopping kill it with a sucker punch or a sweep tailwind phase. (hopping for the ban so much). Hopefully, I have heatran to take its U-Turns and to counter it in the late game ( if i succeed to keep it alive ).

• An other huge issue is Azumaril, the choice band set is devastating. The only answer is zapdos which takes around 60% by play rough. The belly drum set is also terrifying, once again,zapdos can take an aquajet and hit back. This means zapdos will be really put under pressure by the opponent team and may not survive a long time.

• Pursuit users as Tyranitar or Scizor are also an issue, they can can come on latias or reuniclus easly and destroy them. That's why reuniclus is running focus blast for tyranitar. In the game it's needed to play carefully when the opponent may have a pursuit user and weaken it enought ( thanks SR) to be able to kill it in the switch latter.

• Powerful dragon dancer such as Charizard or Tyranitar are the worst nightmare for this team. Both of them can come on Heatran/Zapdos and set up one dance without fearing anything. Then it's quite over, Heracross is able to avoid the OHKO by +1 252Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge, but this is rare and valid only if it is not weakened at all. Charizard can also set up a dance and only fear a suckerpunch from bisharp which deal damage around 55%, then I need the stealth rock damage. However if Charizard hasn't EQ, then heatran can stall it and poison it.
Replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-87894361

Edited :
-zapdos is now running tailwing+HP ice instead of agillity+BP
-heatran is now a special staller instead of an offensive air balloon
-Added issues part
-Reuniculus has no longer shadow ball but focus blast
-Heracross is now 236 Spd / 252 Atk / 20 HP instead of the standard Evs
-Added replays

Last edited:

Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Balance slow team around Reuniclus OTR + Mega-Heracross, Reuniclus is key against more offensive teams with Hidden Power Fire lures Genesect/Scizor. Sub Focus Punch Mega Heracross is key to break another balance and stall teams because the rest of the team lacks of potential to break more defensive teams. Landorus-T is the Stealth Rock user of the team core with pivot Rotom-W like defensive bulky core kinda standard, Bisharp AV helps to check stuff like Latios, Latios or Kyurem-B, also kill with Pursuit Aegislash which walls Mega-Heracross and Reuniclus, finally Latios the defogger of the team, another water resist to check stuff like Keldeo, Manaphy or Thundurus.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 192 HP / 64 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Pin Missile

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 SAtk / 232 SDef / 248 HP
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

OTR Reuniclus and Sword Dance Heracross form the main sweeping core. OTR is chosen over the calm mind set because the team isn't that fast and needs something to stop set up sweepers from having their way. The rest of the team is focused on making sure nothing bothers either Reuniclus or Heracross. Mandibuzz serves as a solid Aegislash switch in, and it can hit back pretty hard with foul play. It also makes sure that hazards stay off the field in general. Landorus hits like a truck and make sure that skarmory doesn't bother either of the sweepers. Band-Tyranitar eliminates threats that can prevent Reuniclus and Herracross from sweeping, notably Genesect and Talonflame. Gensect's U-turn doesn't do too much to Tyranitar if you predict the lead, and Tyranitar can switch into all the special variant's coverage moves. Pursuit leaves it with very low health if it doesn't OHKO. Tyranitar can switch into anything Talonflame has besides U-turn and OHKO with pursuit after recoil or a turn of sandstorm damage.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch (Pursuit on switch) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 292-345 (97.9 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch (Pursuit on Switch) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Genesect: 255-301 (90.1 - 106.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Rotom-W serves as a good counter to thundurus, landorus, and in general scouts with volt-switch, burns shit, and heals damage off with pain split.

Last edited:

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
K THIS SOUNDED FUN SO HERE IS MINE. :]

TEAM

Importable

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 240 HP / 76 Atk / 68 Def / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 128 HP / 12 Atk / 176 SAtk / 24 SDef / 168 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- U-turn

EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Explanation
In my opinion the Calm Mind Reuniclus is a lot scarier than the OTR set in todays meta. After only one Calm Mind Reuniclus becomes really hard to kill and hits pretty damn hard. Mega Heracross hits like a monster so I decided to just throw a bunch of hard hitting moves on it. I Mega Hera enough speed to outspeed uninvesteted Heatrans so I can kill it with EQ. I then realized that both Reuniclus and Pinsir are pretty much destroyed by Mega Pinsir so I decided to just add standard Rotom-W to deal with Mega Pinsir as well as other common threat that are annoying to the team otherwise. Afterwards I decided that I wanted to use two of the Therian forms being Landorus-T and Tornadus-T. Instead of using normal Pivot Lando-T I decided instead to use Bulky Double Dance because I really have not seen that set used since BW2 and I felt that it still seemed like a strong ass set and decided to try it out. (It put in a lot of work while I was testing.) The set I put on Tornadus is another set that I do not recall seeing but is really strong. Assault Vest is a really good item on Tornadus considering its already decent bulk, offensive movepool and stats, and the fact that it has Regenerator to recover off damage. This set also makes a pretty good pivot. The speed that I gave Torn-T was to outspeed Lati's and Gengar to Knock Off there items, doing big damage, and if they have a life orb making them weaker. For the last slot I put Excadrill because I needed both something to get rid of hazards and something to set up rocks. Also Excadrill can dish out a lot of damage potentially setting up a sweep for Lando-T or Reuniclus.

K well I hope you liked my team it is really fun to make/play with. Thanks to Subject 18 and Gary2346 for hosting this. I love doing things like this and will participate again in the future. :]

Edit: My bad if there is any typos I am pretty stupid sometimes. x)​

Last edited:
K THIS SOUNDED FUN SO HERE IS MINE. :]

TEAM

Importable

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 240 HP / 76 Atk / 68 Def / 124 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 128 HP / 12 Atk / 176 SAtk / 24 SDef / 168 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- U-turn

- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Explanation
In my opinion the Calm Mind Reuniclus is a lot scarier than the OTR set in todays meta. After only one Calm Mind Reuniclus becomes really hard to kill and hits pretty damn hard. Mega Heracross hits like a monster so I decided to just throw a bunch of hard hitting moves on it. I Mega Hera enough speed to outspeed uninvesteted Heatrans so I can kill it with EQ. I then realized that both Reuniclus and Pinsir are pretty much destroyed by Mega Pinsir so I decided to just add standard Rotom-W to deal with Mega Pinsir as well as other common threat that are annoying to the team otherwise. Afterwards I decided that I wanted to use two of the Therian forms being Landorus-T and Tornadus-T. Instead of using normal Pivot Lando-T I decided instead to use Bulky Double Dance because I really have not seen that set used since BW2 and I felt that it still seemed like a strong ass set and decided to try it out. (It put in a lot of work while I was testing.) The set I put on Tornadus is another set that I do not recall seeing but is really strong. Assault Vest is a really good item on Tornadus considering its already decent bulk, offensive movepool and stats, and the fact that it has Regenerator to recover off damage. This set also makes a pretty good pivot. The speed that I gave Torn-T was to outspeed Lati's and Gengar to Knock Off there items, doing big damage, and if they have a life orb making them weaker. For the last slot I put Excadrill because I needed both something to get rid of hazards and something to set up rocks. Also Excadrill can dish out a lot of damage potentially setting up a sweep for Lando-T or Reuniclus.

K well I hope you liked my team it is really fun to make/play with. Thanks to Subject 18 and Gary2346 for hosting this. I love doing things like this and will participate again in the future. :]

Edit: My bad if there is any typos I am pretty stupid sometimes. x)​
Just to tell you, you forgot to put EVs on rotom-w.

The Team
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Bullet Seed

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Infestation

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Toxic

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Trick Room
- Tri Attack

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 SDef
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Building Process
Whenever anyone says the name "Reuniclus", most players will immediately think "Trick Room". That's exactly my thought process behind this team. Now, this is my first Trick Room team, so it probably isn't that great, but here goes nothing. I started with the basic Reuniclus set, the offensive Trick Room. Then to go along with the required core, I had to go with Mega Heracross. Rock Blast, Pin Missile, and Bullet Seed are used to abuse MHeracross' ability, Skill Link. Close Combat is in for the fourth moveslot to decimate whatever doesn't resist it.

I figured that for this team I needed at least one more TR setter, but decided to go with two, Dusclops and Porygon2. Dusclops seemed like an obvious choice, due to its insane bulk when holding an Eviolite. The set is mainly used to cripple the opponent's team, trapping them with Infestation, then either using Pain Split for recovery or burning the opposing mon. Porygon2 was added as the other TR setter also because of its bulk with Eviolite. I realized that my TR setters needed to be able to tank a hit, since TR has a negative priority. The rest of the set is Porygon2's standard offensive set, with BoltBeam coverage and Tri-Attack as STAB and a way inflict status and deal damage.

For the final two, I just looked for bulky, slow pokemon. Tyranitar is bulky on the special side and is a strong physical attacker. His standard CB set seemed like a good choice, and I was sure to invest some EVs into SpD. The last mon is Slowbro, who I thought was a good complement to Tyranitar, since Slowbro is bulky on the physical side and is a strong special attacker. Scald is for passing burns, Psychic for STAB, Ice Beam for coverage, and Toxic to pass yet another status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)